2021 Preview

Anyone else with F1 TV?

There is no option anymore for board camera, lost options for commentary (only British, no Dutch, German, etc), fairly no options at all exact video quality and even there I miss the 4k.

EDIT: never mind; got a message from them that it is limited only during testing.

PS. That Ferrari livery with the dark red at the end looks terrible.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(12-03-2021, 08:37 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Anyone else with F1 TV?

PS. That Ferrari livery with the dark red at the end looks terrible.

No, havent even renewed my Sky subscription for this year either

I havent seen the Ferrari on track yet.......from what I did see at the launch I didnt like.....looks like they started painting from the front end then ran out of paint and thought f*ck it, slap on a bit of last years paint to finish it off.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Can't really watch any testing today, but I just flicked it on for a few minutes. Why have Mercedes set no time 3 hours in? Have they had problems?

[edit]
Having to turn it off now as Croft has just said "Do you think Aston Martin will be the second best team on the grid?". 4 minutes into the F1 season and Croft has immediately started with the foolish nonsense.

sigh
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Last I read they had "seen something" when starting the engine

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-03-2021, 10:57 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Last I read they had "seen something" when starting the engine

Oohhh? Terrible for them with such a short testing run.

Gearbox though, it has just been confirmed.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Mercedes is testing again. No worries, they will get it done in time.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Anybody know what military grade air filters the F1 teams are using? first time I've watched F1 during a sand storm! Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

So, first day of testing. Lets annoy Mornini a bit by speculating.

Mercedes had some trouble, but I am sure they will be there as the number 1 team - again - when season finally starts.
Red Bull is right behind them, like last year. Should be better battle this year though since Perez can help.
McLaren looks good with that Mercedes engine. And Ricciardo in the car, they are going to be there with Red Bull a lot of times (I hope).
Austin Martin looks good as well (not only the green). Hope Vettel will battle with the top guys again and I think he will.
Alpine could be a big surprise. Although I don't think that much of Ocon, I really curious what Alonso still has in him. The car seems pretty good.
Ferrari will probably do better this year but still sucks balls. Great drivers, so still could give a fight.
AlphaTauri is in that limbo of top teams vs the crap teams.
Alpha Romeo, first of the crap teams.
Williams, slightly better than last year but still crap.
Haas, total crap.

Yeah, that is about it and all that from one shite testing day...

Anyway, I can't wait for the first race this year!
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Andrew Shovlin: "We're not happy with how the car is performing and it's pretty clear we have some work to do. We're quite a way behind on our test programme and need to find a bit of balance and speed but we have two days left and every opportunity to recover the situation."

....yeah, yeah Andy, pull the other one....you just wanted to give everyone else a false sense of hope

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(12-03-2021, 05:17 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  So, first day of testing. Lets annoy Mornini a bit by speculating.

Love to, buuut, first day install day, sandstorm covered track. I'm going to refrain.
All I'll add to is McLaren, great day for them with new engine etc. One thing I noticed in the Silverstone run, and was picked up in end of session conclusion was, the McLaren stability, it seems good, no sawing of the wheel, even at Silverstone in the wet (sure only filming, but still). Will it remain that way, when pushed, I guess we'll see.

Will happily speculate towards the end of testing.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post