2021 Preview

Williams Racing: We planned to reveal the FW43B, via an augmented reality app later today. However, sadly, because the app was hacked prior to launch, this won't be possible.

We were looking forward to sharing this experience with our fans & can only apologise that this hasn't been possible.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Willaims have announced Roy Nissany is to drive on day 1 of the upcoming test........anyone else think it would be wiser to let the 2 race drivers split that day with there being so little testing before the season starts?

edit: money talks I guess Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

So, there's an article up on sky sports F1 website about pre season testing

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...l-assessed

Why do they bother writing this ambiguous, speculative tripe? The whole of the Sky presentation team is in need of a major refresh. Sky charge top dollar for UK people wanting to watch the F1 and frankly the coverage is very second rate. I would swap out Croft and Brundle as they are past their sell buy and drag the rest of them down. Not impressed with any of them apart from Ant Davidson these days. Even PDR lost the plot last year. Bring in some fresh faces please.

Also, when will they ever learn not to take anything at face value until the racing starts?

"But Brundle also wonders whether the tweaked regulations means the grid, which has a fresh look for 2021 with new drivers, team names and colours, can close up - something we may get a hint of once testing begins."

No, we won't get a hint Brundle. Not even close to a hint. You all say the same thing every year and you are always left with egg on your face. We will find out the pecking order at the first race and not before.

Looking forward to seeing cars back in action, but my view hasn't changed from every previous year. The pre season testing "opinions and analysis" will be 100% ignored from this corner because they are always complete tedious bullshit.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

I think you can read a little more into the testing story this year Mori, considering its so short, and they are testing at the first race track, really makes it relevant. Sure it wont be gospel at all, as we say "its only testing". Will be fascinating to see correlation between the cars on the third day and FP2, handling speed etc.

I'm a little annoyed F1 and MotoGP both start at the same time this year, usually MotoGP starts first. Will be a overdose straight away this year. Luckily as soon as MotoGP final day os testing finishes, F1 testing starts. So thats a good binge.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(09-03-2021, 09:54 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I think you can read a little more into the testing story this year Mori, considering its so short, and they are testing at the first race track, really makes it relevant.

Meh.

Nah, it'll be the same as it ever is. Pundits making by wild conclusions and looking like tits come the first race weekend.

(10-03-2021, 10:29 PM)morini Wrote:   Pundits making by wild conclusions and looking like tits come the first race weekend.

Now hang on a minute M, tits are easy on the eye, pleasurable and have actual purpose......feck all like Sky pundits

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-03-2021, 09:54 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I think you can read a little more into the testing story this year Mori, considering its so short, and they are testing at the first race track, really makes it relevant. Sure it wont be gospel at all, as we say "its only testing". Will be fascinating to see correlation between the cars on the third day and FP2, handling speed etc.

I'm a little annoyed F1 and MotoGP both start at the same time this year, usually MotoGP starts first. Will be a overdose straight away this year. Luckily as soon as MotoGP final day os testing finishes, F1 testing starts. So thats a good binge.

True that there is less time this year for testing, but on the other hand these cars are based on last years cars. Think most of the info is known and they will only focus on certain new elements.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Ferrari accept Bahrain Covid-19 vaccination offer as Formula 1 gears up for testing and first race

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12474/...first-race

(11-03-2021, 09:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari accept Bahrain Covid-19 vaccination offer as Formula 1 gears up for testing and first race

Wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but thinking about it the poor sods In Italy have really gone through it, Europe's struggling on jabs so I can understand it, the Brit based teams will find it easier to get their jab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpSliIAdMek

Ted on testing, coz I like Ted  Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(11-03-2021, 09:59 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(11-03-2021, 09:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ferrari accept Bahrain Covid-19 vaccination offer as Formula 1 gears up for testing and first race

Wasn't sure what to think of this at first, but thinking about it the poor sods In Italy have really gone through it, Europe's struggling on jabs so I can understand it, the Brit based teams will find it easier to get their jab.

In the earlier thread about this I was going to post that I thought it was pretty stupid of F1 to turn down the Bahrain offer of vaccinations. One the one hand it could be considered that the teams are "jumping the queue" by taking it. My way of looking at it is normal people don't travel to 23 countries in a year as part of their job. The F1 teams would be acting responsibly if they ensured all of their trackside people were vaccinated ahead of the season.

Every member of the F1 circus should have the jab at Bahrain testing IMO.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post