Aston Martin

Honda's return to F1 as an engine supplier is now all wrapped up with an announcement expected on Wednesday, according to a report.

Italian news sources have suggested that the Japanese manufacturer has secured their return to F1 with the Aston Martin team, becoming the fifth engine supplier on the grid.

This means that Aston Martin's partnership with Mercedes is now over, with members of the Silverstone-based team pointing out that straight-line speed has been one of the major flaws in the AMR23.

Honda is now back in the frame having left F1 at the end of the 2021 season following the end of their project with Red Bull.

A report from Gazzetta dello Sport, which first broke the story, states: "A press meeting is scheduled for today, with the official communication postponed until tomorrow, to announce [Honda's return]."

The partnership will reportedly start in 2026 with Aston Martin and Mercedes wedded until 2025, meaning Honda will play a pivotal role in forming Aston Martin's car for the new regulations.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2023, 01:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Honda's return to F1 as an engine supplier is now all wrapped up with an announcement expected on Wednesday, according to a report.

Italian news sources have suggested that the Japanese manufacturer has secured their return to F1 with the Aston Martin team, becoming the fifth engine supplier on the grid.

This means that Aston Martin's partnership with Mercedes is now over, with members of the Silverstone-based team pointing out that straight-line speed has been one of the major flaws in the AMR23.

Honda is now back in the frame having left F1 at the end of the 2021 season following the end of their project with Red Bull.

A report from Gazzetta dello Sport, which first broke the story, states: "A press meeting is scheduled for today, with the official communication postponed until tomorrow, to announce [Honda's return]."

The partnership will reportedly start in 2026 with Aston Martin and Mercedes wedded until 2025, meaning Honda will play a pivotal role in forming Aston Martin's car for the new regulations.

I wonder now if Mercedes will sell their works team to Audi?
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(23-05-2023, 02:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I wonder now if Mercedes will sell their works team to Audi?

Cant see one of Germany`s big 5 using anothers power plant or any other cast offs.....optics and all that.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2023, 02:51 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 02:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I wonder now if Mercedes will sell their works team to Audi?

Cant see one of Germany`s big 5 using anothers power plant or any other cast offs.....optics and all that.

Well are Audi not expected to be an engine supplier? Why not have their own team. Mercedes look like being the only team with Mercedes engine in the future. I cannot see that happening without some major change. Would also explain the Hamilton situation if there is one with Ferrari.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Lawrence Stroll sold 34.9 million shares for GBP117.0 million at GBP3.35 per share from Aston Martin Lagonda to Geely

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/AN...-sale.aspx

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R3B3CLJ1uM (13m 27s)

Will Aston Martin's Big Canada Upgrades Challenge Red Bull? | Tech Talk

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Former chairman of Ferrari, Luca di Montezemolo, has reportedly invested $4,000,000 into Aston Martin

Red Bull’s closest challenger at the beginning of this season, Aston Martin have fallen to fourth on the track with a report suggesting the FIA’s flexi-wing intervention in Azerbaijan may have played a role.

Although all the teams’ front wings “did pass” the FIA’s tests, and there are “no suggestions that teams have been running illegal cars”, wings that bend at speed contravene Article 3.2.2 of the technical regulations.

That states: “All aerodynamic components or bodywork influencing the car’s aerodynamic performance must be rigidly secured and immobile with respect to their frame of reference. Furthermore, these components must produce a uniform, solid, hard, continuous, impervious surface under all circumstances.”

One of the teams is said to have been Aston Martin in Baku.

The report claims that onboard images from Alonso’s car in the early races show “significant deflection at high speed on straights” with the FIA reportedly intervening around the time of the Azerbaijan GP.

So not the tyres Fernando was whinging about then...     Rolleyes

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Aston's downgrades...    Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Big rumors Lawrence Stroll's Aston Martin shares have been SOLD to a Saudi Arabia sovereign wealth fund.