Aston Martin

Looking more and more like an official Mercedes B team by the minute

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/strol...ke/4900140

I guess it's inevitable, what with Ferrari and Red Bull going down that route.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Official name change

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

https://www-walesonline-co-uk.cdn.amppro...s-20053276

Aston Martin have signed Alfa Romeo chief designer Luca Furbatto as engineering director

https://www.astonmartinf1.com/en-GB/arti...caFurbatto

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Red Bull Racing’s head of aero Dan Fallows will become Aston Martin’s new Technical Director, once his contract with RBR is concluded. He’s been with Red Bull since 06 and played a hand in every victory and championship the team has scored.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Aston Martin really gearing up!

Helps explain why Vettel was accepting of a move to a team most thought were miles off a podium.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Aye, could be a very good signing for AM.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Red Bull insists there is no reason for it to release its head of aerodynamics Dan Fallows to Formula 1 rival Aston Martin before his contract ends in 2023.

Aston Martin team principal Otmar Szafnauer said at last weekend’s Austrian Grand Prix that he hoped to hold talks with Red Bull boss Christian Horner soon to see if there was a chance to release Fallows from his commitments.

“[We will talk] either now or in the near future,” he said. “I haven't planned anything but when we've got more time, that's for sure [going to happen]. It's been a busy few weeks.”

But Szafnauer’s hopes of striking a deal with Red Bull appear slim, with the Milton Keynes-based squad adamant that it intends to hold Fallows to his contract.

Asked about whether there was going to be any movement on Fallows, Horner said: “Our situation with Dan is really clear. He's working on the [2021] car, he is working on next year's car.

“He's still got a significant amount of time. He only signed the contract at the end of last year, so there's a significant period of time before mid 2023 comes up. We'll obviously keep him busy during the rest of his contract.”

Red Bull’s insistence in holding on to Fallows is likely to have been made stronger by the fact that Aston Martin also lured aerodynamicist Andrew Alessi to join it as its new head of technical operations.

However, Horner's stance may also be viewed as an attempt to drive up any financial compensation package that Aston Martin may offer to get Fallows early

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Former McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh is to return to a role in Formula 1 as the new Group Chief Executive Officer of Aston Martin Performance Technologies.

Whitmarsh has been drafted in to lead the new Aston Martin Performance Technologies division, which aims to diversify the British sportscar manufacturers' F1 and road car technology across key industry sectors.

Aston Martin chairman Lawrence Stroll said that the appointment of Whitmarsh was another step in his push to turn his F1 outfit in to world champions.

"Martin will enjoy senior leadership responsibility and will assist and support me in setting the new strategic direction for Aston Martin Performance Technologies and its subsidiaries, including the crucial objective of leading the transformation of Aston Martin into a F1 world championship-winning organisation within the next four to five years, and evolving it into a £1 billion business over a similar time period," he explained.

"Martin has enjoyed a long, successful and high-profile career, spanning the motorsport, automotive, aerospace, marine and renewable-energy sectors.

"Moreover, he is a proven winner in F1. He is therefore the ideal person for the job of working with me and our senior management team to lead and inspire our workforce to future success both on and off track."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

No great fan of MW, but fair play.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post