Honda Quit F1

(02-10-2020, 04:48 PM)NeilP Wrote:  This is a disaster for F1 and could be the first of a few nails in the coffin for the sport. I can see a future where a single engine supplier is used which should please many people. (Probably a Fiat 500cc!) I fear the days of technological expertise are going fast.

I do not see any hope of a new engine manufacturer stepping into the ring and the 2 Hundred Million fee for a new team puts paid to any new teams too. Its not all LM's fault but they sure have not done a good job either commercially or for F1 itself.

I say we go back to the good old V8 engine with twin turbos. This whole carbon emission BS is really silly for such a small sport.  At the risk of repeating myself for the umpteenth time where is all this electricity to power cars going to come from?  Let me guess more Coal and Gas power stations and throw in a few hundred nuclear power plants, wow great for the environment!

I hope Mercedes and Ferrari start their own sport with multiple teams for each at some stage down the road, not ideal I know but better than where F1 is going right now.

There may come a time Neil when teams breakaway, I think with the new regs we may see a small bit of relief but not that optimistic tbh
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(02-10-2020, 02:14 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(02-10-2020, 01:35 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Could be an opening for Aston Martin to power the Bulls as well as the Pink Mercs

Will never happen.
I don't believe they even power their own cars.

My bad Anti....I thought when they came in as the Aston Martin F1 team they were not using Merc customer engines.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

Well, poor old Renault may be forced to tow the line and supply a PU for Red Bull under the rules alone

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-h...n=widget-2

Red Bull will never win any championships competing against a factory Renault team though. I'm speculating here, but I can conceivably see RBR and Alpha Tauri sold off and run under a different name with Renault power (hopefully with new management as well). It might be the end for the chuckle brothers. We can but hope! Two people I would never mourn for if they depart F1. Karma on the horizon?

(02-10-2020, 01:35 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Could be an opening for Aston Martin to power the Bulls as well as the Pink Mercs

AM don't currently have the facilities Ian. Nothing that a massive investment and some staff poaching couldn't solve though! Would also give Aston Martin some in house IP they could use in their road cars.  

Loads of ways this one could go.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(02-10-2020, 12:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "The two options on the table for Red Bull are to potentially attract a new manufacturer to Formula 1 and, failing that, the regulations state that Renault, the constructor with the lowest numbers of customers, would have to supply Red Bull with power units."

Cyril Abiteboul must be having a right old chuckle......   Tongue

Hoping as Morini said that we might get "Porsche or VW / audi" to enter F1.

(02-10-2020, 08:10 PM)morini Wrote:  Well, poor old Renault may be forced to tow the line and supply a PU for Red Bull under the rules alone

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-h...n=widget-2

Karma on the horizon?

Yip Karma's a bitch Hehe   Laughing

Looking forward to the Cyril Abiteboul interview next weekend....    Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

To everybody thinking Renault is having a laugh, I think it is short sighted.
Like I said before; With the three engine suppliers left, all of them don't want to supplier Red Bull and everyone for their own reasons.
But, Red Bull will casu qua have to say "farewell" to F1 in that case, meaning F1 will get such a huge blow it is dead for certain in the upcoming times. Saying, Red Bull must stay (at all costs almost), a new - competitive supplier (and I don't see that happening) - will need to step into F1 within two years (just unreal that a new party can be fighting Mercedes), or one of the existing suppliers will be forced by Liberty to supply to Red Bull.
Since Renault have the less leverage, it will be Renault supplying engines to Red Bull teams from 20222.

I wonder if Renault will pull the plug (doubt it) and leave. The only team that will be running their engine next year is their own works team right?

Liberty better get a grip on F1 as a whole before it disappears before their very eyes.

(02-10-2020, 10:29 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  To everybody thinking Renault is having a laugh, I think it is short sighted.
Like I said before; With the three engine suppliers left, all of them don't want to supplier Red Bull and everyone for their own reasons.
But, Red Bull will casu qua have to say "farewell" to F1 in that case, meaning F1 will get such a huge blow it is dead for certain in the upcoming times.  Saying, Red Bull must stay (at all costs almost), a new - competitive supplier (and I don't see that happening) - will need to step into F1 within two years (just unreal that a new party can be fighting Mercedes), or one of the existing suppliers will be forced by Liberty to supply to Red Bull.
Since Renault have  the less leverage, it will be Renault supplying engines to Red Bull teams from 20222.

I could have sworn I posted this last night but it wasn’t here later?? Anyway here’s Renault’s answer, they will supply, I can’t say I doubted it tbh, from a business perspective they have always supplied engines in F1 

They are the most successful F1 engine supplier in so much that they’ve won the most WCCs as an engine supplier. (I’m pretty sure that’s correct) 

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/152564...draws/amp/

He will for sure have a wry smile at CH and RBR but business is business.

I am surprised that a few would happily see the back of RBR or maybe it’s just the management and owner but either way if they go the team go which as you rightly say would put F1 in an even more precarious position.
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

(02-10-2020, 08:13 PM)morini Wrote:  

AM don't currently have the facilities Ian. Nothing that a massive investment and some staff poaching couldn't solve though! Would also give Aston Martin some in house IP they could use in their road cars.  

Loads of ways this one could go.
Yea didn't know they were only half playing in F1
..don't see the point if they ain't building their own PU's...but at least they are there I suppose.

Wonder what this Honda pull out means for Moto gp team......shit could go really bad.

They could pull the plug on the Repsol team.

Here’s a watch highlighting all that’s been said!

https://youtu.be/K1KSESCdxkM

Interesting towards the end in the unlikely scenario that Lewis and Merc still haven’t thrashed out a deal and if MV had a clause would Mercedes snap him up? He’d be a lot cheaper and is the future (if F1 has a future). You never know what is happening in the background with talks among drivers but as it’s a quiet week makes interesting food for thought
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post