What next for Sebastian Vettel?

(02-09-2020, 07:35 PM)morini Wrote:  
(02-09-2020, 07:33 PM)pennywise Wrote:  As a Ferrari employee im sure they will let him play with his new toy .....at Mugello......

Not much time left for that. He'll have to be bloody quick! Maybe he'll get a run on the track when he picks up his P45? Big Grin
He can always visit Nurburgring, since it is open for fools like us (yeah, many cars die there in the hands of people that think they are racers).

Talking about cars in that price range, how about this one for Seb:

https://youtu.be/ubjTTF6_fME

Don't know anyone who doesn't love it and now, you can buy it again (if you have a couple million...).
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

(03-09-2020, 06:54 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Talking about cars in that price range, how about this one for Seb:

https://youtu.be/ubjTTF6_fME

Don't know anyone who doesn't love it and now, you can buy it again (if you have a couple million...).

There are only three things stopping me from purchasing that beauty:

1) As I live in the USA I will require a left hand drive.
2) I would want immunity from prosecution for shooting all the dumb asses I meet on the road. Especially Truck man and his blinding head lights!
3) I do not have the required amount of cash right now... life sucks at times Smile

Forza you know I love you really could we set up a loan of some sorts Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(03-09-2020, 07:36 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza you know I love you really could we set up a loan of some sorts Smile

Sure can Neil, can even do it @ 0% interest.....what do you need...£5, £10 or £15.....might even stretch to a score just for you  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

So, following his Racing Point debut in the 2021 championship opener what do people think?

I know I've never been a believer when it comes to Seb Vettel and I think he has some very obvious weaknesses great drivers do not have (not least a lack of race craft). However, he is a four times WDC and no doubt quick if given a car that handles and he can lead from the front. For me yesterday's mistakes were just more of the same. Yes he is in a shit car, but the mistakes were embarrassing and unecessary.

As I said in race chat, my view is he should have hung up his lid at the end of 2020. What are your views?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-03-2021, 11:23 AM)morini Wrote:  As I said in race chat, my view is he should have hung up his lid at the end of 2020. What are your views?

I kinda have to take the man first then the driver.

After Turkey 2010 I had a proper dislike for Sebastian, using his finger to blame Mark was dis honorable imo, since then he like all of us have grown up. helping push a wheelchair is just one of many things that has endeared me to Seb the man, he seems honest & straight with his answers, (most of the time) so I've changed my mind about Seb the man.

Seb the driver, a 4 x WDC what ever our views has to be respected, I know he was in the best car but so were most of the other WDC's, Its obvious to all he's not on the same level as Lewis, Max, Danny or CLK just to name a few, I feel his experience will be valuable & I hope he helps improve the team.

"BUT" > One crash, two penalties and five penalty points from his first race hasn't covered him in glory has it, saying "Ocon changed his line" also looks bad when it was obvious that was not true, it was Seb's fault, this doesn't help him does it?

"he should have hung up his lid at the end of 2020. What are your views?"

Honestly for me its too early to tell.

"If" his season carries on like this & he was to get beaten by Stroll how would his reputation/legacy look?

What if he turns his & the teams season around, he would be seen as a complete success & it would look like a master stroke.

So after lots of "If's & but's" > 

I just cant say he was right or wrong yet as its too early to judge after one race, for me time will tell.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(29-03-2021, 01:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I kinda have to take the man first then the driver.

Just to be clear, I was coming totally from a driving perspective.

I have no doubt Seb is a decent bloke overall and I don't dislike him as a person (I didn't much like the finger waving nonsense, but everyone has flaws). When looking at how the drivers perform I always try to look past their character and personalities, not least because every one of them has a selfish, egotistical streak. They have to have that to be successful.

(29-03-2021, 02:04 PM)morini Wrote:  I have no doubt Seb is a decent bloke overall and I don't dislike him as a person (I didn't much like the finger waving nonsense, but everyone has flaws). When looking at how the drivers perform I always try to look past their character and personalities, not least because every one of them has a selfish, egotistical streak. They have to have that to be successful.

Just to be clear, I was coming totally from a driving perspective.

Completely agree with all of this.

Yeah I did go on a bit.  Smile

So after lots of "If's & but's" > 

"I just cant say he was right or wrong yet as its too early to judge after one race, for me time will tell."

Short answer mate.  Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think Vettel really lost his mojo.
Although he is not up there with Hamilton, Verstappen or Alonso if you like (and never was), he always used to be a great driver. Now, he is merely a shadow of his former self.

That as a driver. As a person he has really grown in my view.

Think Vettel should call it a career after this year, no matter how it turns out. He has so many other options to pick up. I would like him as a commentator or something.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Edd Straw (who's opinion is no more "expert" than any of us) gives Vettel 2/10

https://the-race.com/formula-1/edd-straw...er-debate/

Harsh, but fair! Laughing