What next for Sebastian Vettel?

Not often I find myself agreeing with this eejit, but he makes a few valid points here

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...55jIb.html
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Meant to mention Kravitz saying Vettel to RP is a done deal during his notebook yesterday. Seems the "press" picked up on it too.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio-per...an-vettel/
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(03-08-2020, 10:30 AM)morini Wrote:  Meant to mention Kravitz saying Vettel to RP is a done deal during his notebook yesterday. Seems the "press" picked up on it too.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sergio-per...an-vettel/

Not sure if it is a done deal, but it is obvious the scenario is very serious and in full progress. 
Vettel has no other options (don't see Red Bull taking him back next to Verstappen) and Racing Point has. How will the salary talk go? Not that Vettel still needs it, but com on, we all know it is part a ego thing as well if you step back in salary.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(03-08-2020, 02:10 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Not sure if it is a done deal, but it is obvious the scenario is very serious and in full progress. 
Vettel has no other options (don't see Red Bull taking him back next to Verstappen) and Racing Point has. How will the salary talk go? Not that Vettel still needs it, but com on, we all know it is part a ego thing as well if you step back in salary.

No, I haven't heard anything official, but did you see the post race notebook yesterday? Kravitz implied it was a "done deal" and the tabloid F1 rags have seen that and reported it as fact.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(03-08-2020, 02:46 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-08-2020, 02:10 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Not sure if it is a done deal, but it is obvious the scenario is very serious and in full progress. 

No, I haven't heard anything official, but did you see the post race notebook yesterday? Kravitz implied it was a "done deal" and the tabloid F1 rags have seen that and reported it as fact.

Not saying it is not possible, could be very much so. But only am I wondering if it would go that fast and if really Perez being at home would be a reason not to come out with the news. I think it is the perfect moment since Perez will not painfully be confronted with media.

Anybody else think it would be better (for all parties) if Seb Vettel cut his losses and left Ferrari today rather than at the end of the season? 

Regardless of whether he is driving for Stroll Snr next year or not, the way he is being treated since his departure was announced is painful to watch. He had a decent enough result yesterday in Spain, but the respect has gone and it all seems very toxic. Sad way to see and ex WDC treated.

(17-08-2020, 09:47 AM)morini Wrote:  Anybody else think it would be better (for all parties) if Seb Vettel cut his losses and left Ferrari today rather than at the end of the season? 

Regardless of whether he is driving for Stroll Snr next year or not, the way he is being treated since his departure was announced is painful to watch. He had a decent enough result yesterday in Spain, but the respect has gone and it all seems very toxic. Sad way to see and ex WDC treated.

Vettel could do that and I would understand it. Vettel doesn't need the money, doesn't need to prove himself and that bridge towards Ferrari is already burned (not even by him). He is not enjoying himself nor is he getting any decent results. Only frustration.

But on the other hand, although Vettel is filthy rich, getting those millions every month will always be a very nice motivation. Next to that, Vettel does not strike me as a quitter. He seems more the type of guy that keeps going, keeps going deeper into the problem to fix it. Whatever you think of him as a driver, he has that fighting spirit in his character if you ask me (that Bottas lacks by the way).
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(17-08-2020, 01:33 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Vettel does not strike me as a quitter. He seems more the type of guy that keeps going, keeps going deeper into the problem to fix it. Whatever you think of him as a driver, he has that fighting spirit in his character if you ask me (that Bottas lacks by the way).

A perfectly valid way of looking at it. However, you can tell by the body language, the radio messages and the post race interviews that Vettel is effectively frozen out. Ferrari aren't going to win anything this year, I think that is a pretty safe observation to make. Nobody would think any worse if Ferrari and Sebastian cut their losses and called it a day immediately. Ferrari could put anyone in the car next to CLC this year, in my opinion it won't make much difference to their results.

Seb could come back fresh and re-energised next year. That is if Aston Martin even exist next year what with all the witch hunting going on with the legality of their 2019 car. If I was Stroll I'd stick two fingers up and sell the team.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

We can only wait to see how the situation at Ferrari will develop. The scenario of Vettel leaving half season is very real I think.

About Stroll selling the team? No, fight that and of course it could mean you loose, but I don't believe Stroll went into F1 to earn money. I think this is "play-money" as I call it, money that you can afford to lose, but meanwhile use for fun things. He just happens to can afford a lot of play money...
And of course helping his son having a great time.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Following Spa driver conferences media are speculating that it will be Lance Stroll turfed out in favour of Seb Vettel rather than Checo.

https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula-...go%20away.

Looks like speculation to me, but I guess we will see.