2019 British GP

(14-07-2019, 08:31 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-07-2019, 02:41 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Morini is getting value for money today!!!!

Tell me about it!! What a great weekend, couldn't have wished for a better time. Just got home, knackered, but stoked.

Chuffed for you mate.  Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Glad to hear all went well and you enjoyed yourself, yeah I have been to a few races/events on my own and (a bit like travelling) much prefer it, no-one to appease or worry about, come and go as you please. Lewis was awesome today, the racing early doors with VB was fantastic as was CLC & the racing throughout the field in general ...really re-ignited my passion for the sport after all the sh*tty races. Jody and I had just been chatting about Seb minutes before about how good Seb can be at times, then the bellend goes and does that...what a cock!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-07-2019, 09:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Jody and I had just been chatting about Seb minutes before about how good Seb can be at times, then the bellend goes and does that...what a cock!

Yeah, not going to go on a bashing spree, everyone knows I don't rate Vettel but that isn't something a 4 x WDC should be doing. Not sure if you could hear it on the TV (I've just started watching my recording) but they were booing Vettel and clapping for Max on every lap after their coming together. Very clumsy and not the first time he's done exactly that arse-ending technique. Did it to Webber.

What sky program was the Lewis / Frank piece on? Really want to watch that but it wasn't on the pre-race buildup. Was it the quali show?

(14-07-2019, 02:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Great driving from both Merc drivers

Watched it on the big screens live, but they are miles away and you don't get the full vibe. Just seen the exchanges on the TV, fantastic racing. Lovely, respectful, clean race craft from both drivers. Props t Valterri for not giving in and claiming it back. I think that is the first time I have seen him with elbows out (ever). He is a changed man and a damn fine driver IMO.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(14-07-2019, 09:44 PM)morini Wrote:  What sky program was the Lewis / Frank piece on? Really want to watch that but it wasn't on the pre-race buildup. Was it the quali show?

Not sure, I have only seen the 2ish min clip (that I posted) on social media

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

So, I just watched the race. Enjoyable apart from zippy and bungle, how are they still F1 anchormen? Talked a lot about how unlucky Valterri was with the SC. Weellll, sorry chaps but Hamilton was going for a 1 stopper and with his pace on the hard he was winning it with or without a safety car.

Those two really squeak my pips. Always ignore logic. Tw@ts.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-07-2019, 10:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(14-07-2019, 09:44 PM)morini Wrote:  What sky program was the Lewis / Frank piece on? Really want to watch that but it wasn't on the pre-race buildup. Was it the quali show?

Not sure, I have only seen the 2ish min clip (that I posted) on social media

Its on Youtube, its a nice piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT5S8sV9ppY

Some of my takeaways from the British GP:

It was the best race of the year.

The support for the whole event was outstanding

Hamilton was awesome, forget the safety car argument Bottas had to stop again anyway and do you really think he would have caught Hamilton when the guy sets the fastest lap on those tyres!  I like he took command of his strategy and race, (See Peter Windsor on Youtube - always a good video to watch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGIQm2ktG0Y

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk-tx1UBZKc

Vettel is spent. Honestly where does he go from here.  The amount of mistakes he is making is just unreal for a driver of his experience. Something is wrong with that guy. Personally I think the last two years have caught up with him and he has lost his nerve and his confidence.

I like that they let them race. That said Vettels 10 second penalty is a joke it should be a grid demotion for the next race in my view.

Verstappen vs Leclerc was epic viewing the future is bright, the future is Orange!

Talking of Orange (Well Papaya I guess?) another solid performance by McLaren it is so nice to see that famous team coming along. Next they need to bring back the old Marlboro colour scheme!!!!

Haas need two new drivers. What a disaster. I just wonder if Gene Haas may pull the plug on F1

The question was asked and has been answered in the affirmative, Danny Riciardo is a better driver than Nico Hulkenberg (Personally I never doubted this point). Good to see both Renaults in the points.

Age is not affecting Kimi Raikkonens abilities. I wonder if Ferrari will take him back next year Smile

Charles Leclerc will absolutely finish above Sebastian Vettel in the Drivers Championship.

The future looks bright with all the young drivers. Verstappen, Leclerc, Norris, Albon and Russell.

On to Germany, boy this season is flying by!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(14-07-2019, 11:33 PM)morini Wrote:  Weellll, sorry chaps but Hamilton was going for a 1 stopper and with his pace on the hard he was winning it with or without a safety car.

Everyone knows I don't like Bensons journalism, but at least the bloke saw the obvious (the sky F1 comedy duo didn't). Hamilton knew he was one stopping saftey car or not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/48984959

Some of you on here like Brundle, I've picked up on that from previous postings. Each to his own I guess, me I think he mostly talks and writes rubbish to his own agenda.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

In my opinion most of the jurno`s on the bigger sites "write to their own agenda" none more so than baldy benson (Im not talking about this particular article as I havent read it)....but sticking with benson, I cant stand the guy, going back to the Schumacher years he openly admitted he didnt like the guy. He would often find ways of discrediting his achievements and talking up Schummi`s failings, from the little articles I have read of his over the years he is very pro Lewis and well known for letting his own opinions steer his writing.
Nowt wrong with being a fan but imo they (all journo`s) should write from a neutral standpoint and as a fan of the sport not a fan of a driver or team....MB included.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(15-07-2019, 10:56 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Nowt wrong with being a fan but imo they (all journo`s) should write from a neutral standpoint and as a fan of the sport not a fan of a driver or team....MB included.

Agree with you 100%. Andrew Benson is as biased as they come and I can't stand his articles in general. I was just pointing out that in this particular case he picked up on something Brundle (and the whole Sky team) either ignored, didn't want to acknowledge or glossed over. I was talking to the the group next to me (bunch of 10 of them, mix of McLaren and Lewis fans) and when VB came into the pits right in front of us Lewis started to bang in decent laps and was clearly staying out. Valterri was quicker on his fresh tyres, but not by much. At this point I said "Hamitons going to stay out and switch to hards for a 1 stopper, Valterri has lost this", everyone around me agreed. Shortly after this AG slid his Alfa into the gravel right in front of our stand and everyone knew it was all over when the SC came out. Sky didn't even mention the fact that Hamilton would have won that race anyway.

I find Brundle to be just as bad as Benson. He tries his best to come over as unbiased, but theres always an undercurrent of snidey begrudging pokes at Hamiltons success. I can't help feeling he is jealous of the guys success, seriously. It came to the forefront most when Hamilton and JB were both at McLaren. For what it's worth I would always back both LH and JB in that era, but Brundle could not hide his bias towards Jenson (Jake Humphrey was the same when BBC had coverage). A neutral may not pick up on it, but I've never been able to listen to Brundle since those days and refuse to give him any of my bandwidth.

As far as TV pundits go, I've said this before, but Ant Davidson is the most neutral, best informed and most knowledgable of the lot of them.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post