2019 Bahrain GP

The cars do look good under the lights. Looks like it'll be nice and close at the pointy end right now. Bottas looks the more comfortable of the two Merc drivers.

(29-03-2019, 04:24 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The cars do look good under the lights. Looks like it'll be nice and close at the pointy end right now. Bottas looks the more comfortable of the two Merc drivers.

Only a tenth in ot on the mediums. Thats nothing to be to concerned about really. Ferraris are out on the red tyre now.

[edit] Ferrari looks the easier car to drive, for sure. Glued on the softs.

Those Ferrari's look rapid.

Rather than show the Merc qualy sim we've got brundle talking bollocks!! Jesus.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Advantage Ferrari here I think.

Agreed Brundle talking shit, when you'd want to see the Mercs.

It's only FP2 but that gap from the Ferrari's back to the Mercedes is the sort of gap we saw in Barcelona. However, fuel level / engine mode unknown of course. So far though I think Ferrari are back this weekend so that's really good to see.

Mercedes race runs only 5 or so seconds down and consistently, that's good. Both Bottas and Lewis's looking OK, but Bottas is now seriously dropping off... Yeah, 7 seconds off, so those tyres are going.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(29-03-2019, 04:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So far though I think Ferrari are back this weekend so that's really good to see.

Yeah, I'd expect it to be tighter tomorrow but deffo upper hand to Ferrari here. I'm going to have to watch my recording later as I forgot I have to drop off / pick up number 2 girl from maths tutor. Had to stop watching just after the Merc red tyre run.

Hamilton's runs more consistent, less drop off and ran longer.

Seb just ruined his race run. Ouch.

(29-03-2019, 05:09 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hamilton's runs more consistent, less drop off and ran longer

I've just turned it on for a few minutes before I have to go back out. Will watch it all a bit later.

With 3 DRS zones I think race pace may well be more important than 1 lap pace this weekend. However, I think Ferrari nailed on for pole.

Yeah, right now it's between Seb and Charlie for pole. I think everyone else is fighting it out for the second row.

Race pace Mercedes are ahead by about 7 tenths a lap. With 3 DRS zones that should be more than enough to make a race of it.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Actually, Leclerc's runs were good, it was Seb with the damaged tyres that was slow.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post