2019 Bahrain GP

Placeholder. Rain anyone?  Dodgy

Morini, if it rains in Bahrain we'll know the apocalypse is nigh!!!

On a more F1 theme, personally I think we'll see Ferrari bounce back in Bahrain. Albert Park hasn't suited Ferrari's concept since 2017. For some reason Mercedes have the reading of Melbourne and Ferrari don't. Bahrain is a very different track to Melbourne, so we'll get to see very different characteristics of these cars put to the test. Last year and in 2017 Mercedes struggled a bit in Bahrain, not suggesting it'll quite be role reversal, but it should be closer, and if it isn't Ferrari will need to get on top of it quick.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: D2CGjjuWwAAqmbq.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I am looking for a strong outing from Red Bull. Last years race was an utter disaster for them.

I agree with Jody I think we will see a very different Ferrari at Bahrain. I still have Mercedes having a slight edge

Last year of course was a great 4th place for Gasly and perhaps brought a lot of attention to him!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I never really sat down and thought about this but I assume the engines used in FP1 FP2 FP3 Qualy and race are all power unit number 1 for the first (?) many races of the year?

That is an awful lot of miles for the first engine to do and unlike practice they are pushed harder than in testing.

Would welcome some insight as to how the teams manage this situation.

NeilP they don't run as many miles in the first four fly away races in FP1 and FP2, and if you believe Ferrari they don't run them full beans from Australia to Baku, which makes sense, because from Canada to Hungary engine one will normally do FP1 and FP2 as well. It's why there are actually statistically more engine failures in the first part of the season than second. In short, they try to manage it and still fail. They really need 4 or 5 engines a season.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

A sobering read ->

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2...grand-prix
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

A third DRS zone has been added to the Bahrain circuit for the second round of the Formula 1 season this weekend.

Drivers will now be able to activate their drag-reduction system on the exit of the opening sequence of corners and use it to attack into the Turn 4 right-hander.

The detection zone has been placed 50 metres before the first corner and the activation point is just on the exit of the right-hand kind after the opening complex.
This means drivers will have DRS use on all three of the Sakhir circuit’s meaningful straights.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

[Image: D2qa-TyWsAAcng4.png]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Not convinced extra DRS zones are any answer to F1 cars continued inability to follow without wrecking tyres. Never liked DRS in the first place.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post