2019 Bahrain GP

Yeah FP2 is always more representative here. Plus just seen Bottas, Ferrari and Max were on Softs while Lewis on Mediums. But all meaningless.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(29-03-2019, 12:38 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah FP2 is always more representative here. Plus just seen Bottas, Ferrari and Max were on Softs while Lewis on Mediums. But all meaningless.

On screen graphics say Bot was on mediums. I'm not really watching, just listening and glancing at phone now and again.

This Ferrari looks planted again. Bam. Thank you. Says Vettel and Leclerc. Great laps from the Ferrari boys. I do hope they're back here. Very messy session from Hamilton so far.

Maybe Bottas was on Mediums, but the replay they looked red to me. I could be colour blind though.

So I guess it's a repeat of Australia. The Merc looks a handful, but the Ferrari looking good. I guess we'll see more in FP2 but perhaps Ferrari will be a little happier, they look good.

Yep, the red cars look very easy to drive compared to Mercedes. But theres no point chasing setup here in P1, complete waste of time. Plus, we don't know what programmes they are on.

Didn't expect merc to be so far off though.

I didn't either Morini, but in 2017 / 2018 the Merc didn't like Bahrain and the Ferrari loved it. It's a very, very different track to Australia as well. I'll wait until the quali runs in FP2 before saying what I think the picture is. But, just to be clear, at this stage in Australia in was similar sort of message, then Lewis put some laps in.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Lewis is as heavy as Bernard Manning at the moment though. He's not doing any quick laps.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Ah well, P1 over.

If the race was to take place in the afternoon then Ferrari would be home and dry. The gap must be worrying for Mercedes and Red Bull. Even though it's not representative the Mercs didn't look at all happy on track this afternoon (only managed to watch a few onboard clips).

If it's a second gap in P2 they will be worried for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Missed all of fp1 so had a catch up over on Sky site and read this lol "Christina Horner, however, told Sky F1 that Honda had "significantly reduced the gap" to Mercedes and Ferrari power.".....has someone had a sex change and didnt tell us fans Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I doubt it'll be a second gap, and if it is we'll know Ferrari just screwed something up in Australia. Leclerc looked good out there today again.

The Afternoon session always tells us more in Bahrain. Even times from FP3 tendens till be cobblers here given how different the conditions are.

Still, it's good to see Ferrari aren't miles off like they were in Australia. Although equally if it is a complete role reversal of fortunes I think we'll all be scratching our heads.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(29-03-2019, 02:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Missed all of fp1 so had a catch up over on Sky site and read this lol "Christina Horner, however, told Sky F1 that Honda had "significantly reduced the gap" to Mercedes and Ferrari power.".....has someone had a sex change and didnt tell us fans Wink

You didn't miss a lot. I had the sky q app runnning on my phone so I could listen and glance while (ahem) "working". The only problem with that was bloody Croft droning on (and on and on and on). However, they had PDR and Ant Davidson on to compensate a bit.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post