2019 Bahrain GP

(27-03-2019, 12:15 PM)morini Wrote:  A sobering read ->

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2...grand-prix

Utterly disgusting.

I will however say this, is it really up to a sport to deal with these things. Should our Governments of the world not be involved, should corporations and large business interests be involved (Yes I get F1 is one of those businesses).

I have reached and age and stage in my life I despair at what the world we live in has come to, and part of myself finds sports of many kind s a distraction from the reality of life and I get some of the younger ones on here may not understand that but trust me your time and understanding will come.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(27-03-2019, 02:04 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Utterly disgusting.

I will however say this, is it really up to a sport to deal with these things. Should our Governments of the world not be involved, should corporations and large business interests be involved (Yes I get F1 is one of those businesses).

I see your point (and agree for the most part), deep down though I think F1 as a business has a social responsibility not do do "business" with such a corrupt regime.

I'm really not a political animal, but I do think the Bahrain powers don't deserve an F1 race in their country until they can treat their own people with some respect.

Looking past all that, I need my fix of F1 chaps
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(27-03-2019, 01:29 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  [Image: D2qa-TyWsAAcng4.png]

think last year we were speculating about an additional DRS. I favoured T13-T14. They can already contest into T4 without DRS. But DRS after T13 would allow contests into the final corner, compromising and affecting racing lines onto the main straight, which would add the golden ingredient, counter overtaking.

[Image: DaMWBYAXUAI22j3.jpg]
[Image: 2018-Bahrain-Grand-Prix-Race-Result-750x400.jpg]
[Image: 20803_02-BH-PitStop-EN-750.jpg]

"These tyres are done" Vettel's words at the end of last years race. For me, this drive by Vettel was one of the best of the season. To get those Softs to do 39 laps was just mega. On track overtakes after his early stop to secure the lead. Some may argue that Bottas didn't attack enough, perhaps, perhaps he didn't have the tyres to avoid comprising both their races, perhaps it was all down to Ferrari's power deployment, that kept Bottas's over heating Merc out of critical overtaking zones.

Maybe it was a nursing race last year, which obviously isn't ideal. So Pirelli bring their hardest range this year. So maybe less nursing, but perhaps a guaranteed one stop and much less scope for strategy, as last year it was a really mixed back though the field.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Daniel Ricciardo will use a new Renault chassis for the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend, replacing the one he drove in Australia as a precautionary measure...
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci...p/4359800/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-03-2019, 02:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Daniel Ricciardo will use a new Renault chassis for the Bahrain Grand Prix weekend, replacing the one he drove in Australia as a precautionary measure...
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricci...p/4359800/

A question that has nothing to do with the actual matter; ever when I visit www.motorsport.com, my pc starts working and blazing like a mad machine. This website makes my pc work harder then any other program (like heavy movies or any game) I can think of.
Something is not right there if you ask me. No website should do that.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Duly noted Anti.

I confused by this Bahrain test. When has the sport had such an early pre-season test? If it was just a tyre test I'd understand, but it's a full test, with McLaren and maybe other teams running a Pirelli tyre test aswell.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

I thought they agreed to an early in season test because of the rule changes, so they get a chance to maybe try some different parts early doors if the teams have gone wrong on philosophy. So I thought it was done as a way of giving teams an early chance to right the ship if they've made a mistake, and looking at the early season tracks there's only one guaranteed / sensible choice... Bahrain. China it rains a lot. Australia is crap. Baku is a street circuit where they need the roads back, and Barcelona is too late really and becomes an almost normal in season testing event.

(19-03-2019, 09:01 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Morini, if it rains in Bahrain we'll know the apocalypse is nigh!!!

According to Johnny Herbert it pissed down earlier in the week!!

Better get that bunker down the bottom of the garden finished pronto.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Apparently the rain was awful at the start of the week... and Lance has done a Lance. FP1 in Bahrain is always tricky with all the dust. Having said that Bottas and Leclerc already look on it. But the times will tumble.

Hamilton still not had a clean lap. Plenty of traffic.

(29-03-2019, 12:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Apparently the rain was awful at the start of the week... and Lance has done a Lance. FP1 in Bahrain is always tricky with all the dust. Having said that Bottas and Leclerc already look on it. But the times will tumble.

P1 meaningless really (I do have it on iin the background). P2 later on will be a little more interesting and I thnk I will finish work early to watch that one.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post