2018 Mexico GP

Surprised you took me seriously Forza!!!!

My stance on this is simple, they all need to stop behaving like spoiled tell tale school children. Leave the monitoring to the FIA. If they are not doing a good enough job a word in their ear should be made by Liberty. All these guys are pushing the boundaries (or should be) by that very definition the FIA should make sure they are on top of things.

I believe and I may be wrong (I frequently am) but Mercedes wheel issue does not relate per se to the mechanical element of altering the wheels (obviously for cooling purposes) but that it affects the aero of the car.

My two takes from FP1 are Red Bull look very very good and tyre degradation is horrific!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

[Image: DqcrlbRX4AEO1OH.jpg]

Top 4 Renault power, the only other two 3 seconds back.....

lets see how things look after FP2.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(26-10-2018, 05:34 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Surprised you took me seriously Forza!!!!

Lol, my bad Neil, feeling a little "delicate" today and should have known better  Cry

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Looking good for Renault, hoping they can do the same in FP2.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

This just proves the point I've been making about the Renault ERS unit being the cream of the current crop, and gives Renault more bang for joule than any other team. Seeing the Mercedes and Ferrari powered cars lose their turbo advantage given the altitude is interesting, but both Mercedes and Ferrari were not concentrating on pace and those engines were turned way down. Looking like RBR might be the team to beat though.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Toro Rosso have fitted older-spec Honda engines for the Mexican GP due to fears over the upgraded version, but Pierre Gasly is still set to start at the back of the grid again.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-penalties

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

The Red Bull and Renault running really well. The rest are struggling with tyres and not just struggling but hugely so. If nothing changes its a "simply wonderful " day coming up!!!

That said it sounds like the weather will have a role to play though.

Unless track conditions change surely this will have to be a two stop race. The only car who may not need to do that that I have seen so far is Red Bull.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Epic if the race starts as mixed up as this. Wink

I'm half hour behind, Johhny "Max has backed off" Crofty "Max has just gone purple" Haha.    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

FFS Max Sad

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

On yes looking good for Renault I will go out for another Max win in Mexico if reliability doesn’t get them!!! Let’s see where this leads for tomorrow’s Qualy I cannot see Mercs down where they are tomorrow but if I am honest I bloody hope they are Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post