2018 Mexico GP

[Image: selected-sets-per-driver-1.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[Image: DNP1eYEXkAEvENG.jpg]
[Image: DNVXmHqW4AIBQNg.jpg]
[Image: 18988_MX-PitStopSummary-750-EN.jpg]

[Image: image.png]

I doubt we'll see any DRS changes. Although, maybe one between T11 & 12 could be good, allow a little closer into the hard braking for 12.

Last year was a crazy one wasn't it. Only the top 4 on the lead lap, and look at the time gaps! Here's hoping that doesn't happen again.....

Weather, surely dry stable temps, though Sunday has rain?

This track, based on last year, and recent form, this is a tough one to call. Fully expect HAM to wrap it up though, will he have to fight through the zombie horde again?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(22-10-2018, 02:27 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  This track, based on last year, and recent form, this is a tough one to call. Fully expect HAM to wrap it up though, will he have to fight through the zombie horde again?

If my maths is correct (big If!!), Ham needs another 5 points to secure it. If Vettel can win the last 3 and take all 75 he can't match Hamiltons 9 wins. So I think 5 points in last three races would be enough?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(22-10-2018, 02:35 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-10-2018, 02:27 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  This track, based on last year, and recent form, this is a tough one to call. Fully expect HAM to wrap it up though, will he have to fight through the zombie horde again?

If my maths is correct (big If!!), Ham needs another 5 points to secure it. If Vettel can win the last 3 and take all 75 he can't match Hamiltons 9 wins. So I think 5 points in last three races would be enough?

You are correct Morini, I will give you an A for your paper and you go to the top of the class Smile

I think this could be a 3 horse (but 6 cars) race for the win, the drive to the first corner is I think the longest in F1 (?) and similar to the Kemmel straight in Spa being 2/3/4 on the grid is not necessarily a huge disadvantage.

Looks like it will probably be a one stop race, although as the compounds are one step softer than last year it could conceivably be a two stop. Mercedes are talking to the FIA about their wheel situation which may help them because its claer they got it wrong  at the USA GP but that may well be because they anticipated being able to use their new wheel.

Mercedes could've used their new wheel design in Austin, they were cleared by the FIA to do so after a second investigation. Mercedes were worried they could seal the WDC only for Ferrari to complain to the race stewards and have to wait for arbitration to confirm the WDC, which would have been messy as hell, and really bad for the sport. Will they use them in Mexico? I don't know. If they were concerned about a complaint to the race stewards in Austin, I don't see how that changes in Mexico, unless Ferrari have had all there points of clarification answered, which the FIA might have done by now as they've completed their second investigation. RBR and Renault are apparently developing their own versions, so they think they're legal.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Im seeing alot of reports saying there is going to be detailed discussions about them, multiple parties involved, so somethings still not kosher. Maybe as you say Jody, this is to wrap it up finally so no post race protests to postpone parties.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

The wheels were submitted to FIA scrutineering prior to use, and access given to CFD models, if they got past that... twice, they're legal. Do I think that we'll see rules banning them in the future? Yes. Because Ferrari aren't happy. However if it is about heat dissipation, or spreading heat evenly I think there will be other ways round it that, that aren't so crude. These are a very crude solution to a problem Mercedes have found with their car heating up it's tyres badly.

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...preview-2/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

It will be interesting to see if Mercedes have dealt with their water pump and wheel issues.

Hamilton should barring a DNF be the World Champion.

The pressure is really totally off Vettel now maybe this weekend he will revert to being the driver he is capable of being.

I want to see Danny Ricciardo get a good result this weekend.

I expect to see Max Verstappen have a good weekend.

The only way is down for Kimi after his great win!

Bottas, no excuses there is no need for team orders from now on, show me something that proves you belong.

Best of the rest: expecting good things from Grosjean, Leclerc and Hulkenberg.

For now the Mercedes wheel issues have been resolved and they will be running them here in Mexico. To alleviate fears of the big bad Red team complaining and forcing a showdown Mercedes took the matter directly to the FIA after the last race and the FIA have given their opinion and okayed their use... for now! Talk about sitting on the fence.

It seems Ferrari are bullying people again or at least threatening to do so, maybe, just maybe this is why teams like to have them in their sights: whats good for the goose.....
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(26-10-2018, 03:26 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
For now the Mercedes wheel issues have been resolved and they will be running them here in Mexico. To alleviate fears of the big bad Red team complaining and forcing a showdown Mercedes took the matter directly to the FIA after the last race and the FIA have given their opinion and okayed their use... for now!  Talk about sitting on the fence.

It seems Ferrari are bullying people again or at least threatening to do so, maybe, just maybe this is why teams like to have them in their sights: whats good for the goose.....

Perhaps I look at this from a different perspective or opposing side Neil being a fan of said "big bad red team" but throughout this season look at how many times Ferrari have been (rightly or wrongly).....how should I put it....under the microscope for one reason or another, yet now Mercedes and the wheel spacer issue has come up you are using the term "bullying".......with the greatest of respect Neil can you see the irony?  Tongue