General Driver Discussion

(19-10-2023, 01:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(19-10-2023, 08:04 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lawrence Stroll, the Executive Chairman of Aston Martin, attributed his son Lance Stroll's 2023 season to "bad luck."

I agree.......but he left out the part were his son is a bit shite too.

LMAO.

I could have been an F1 driver only thing is I was just not good enough!!!

Agree with you Neil, I thought about becoming an F1 driver as a young man, the choice was millions in the bank, 
super models & flying around the world... or cheese & beer, what can I say I made my choice!   Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-to-83641m

F1 drivers react as maximum fines quadrupled to €1m.    Nothingtosay

The FIA announced earlier this week that the maximum fine stewards would be able to impose for offences would be quadrupled from €250,00 to €1m after it had remained static for 12 years; the move has drawn criticism ahead of this weekend's US Grand Prix in Austin

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Talk about reinforcing the fact that it's a sport for millionaires only.

So those that aren't on such meteoric terms could end up destitute for life because of an infringement. I think the FIA needs to illustrate what could attract such a fine. I suspect it's only a fine that could be levied on well paid drivers like a sliding scale. Consistency is a challenge but we need to accept that fact that some folks are "more equal" than others and so their fines might need to be "more equal".

I know it might not be popular to suggest that there shouldn't be one rule for everyone but lets face it... if we're gonna allow supply and demand to dictate pay levels then similarly any fine might be used fairly in a percentage fashion i.e. you get fined a percentage of what you earn with a minimum and maximum in place. Problem is that means the next problem is getting some creative accountants to admit what their client's actually get paid... good luck with that.
[+] 3 users Like Westie's post

So now we are faced with the drivers being fined more than the teams. What a joke this sport is, just when you think it cannot get any more stupid it lowers the bar.

A sliding scale would be in my opinion illegal to instigate based on salary payments. Everyone is deemed to be equal. The FIA picking on Hamilton is egregious. saying he is a role model is BS. Number 1: They are all 'role models' if you will. Number 2: You cannot have separate rules based on a drivers notoriety. Number 3: Saying Hamilton is a role model is highly questionable he has more haters than lovers in his audience, hell he has more haters than some drivers have fans.

Kind of wonder what fine Masi would have if he were still in charge. I would put him down for death by lethal injection.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(20-10-2023, 01:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:   The FIA picking on Hamilton is egregious. saying he is a role model is BS.

Er, Lewis Hamilton doesn’t think he was singled out by the FIA picking his infringement for review.

“I think it was just poor communication" Lewis explained that they were referring to how they will move forwards and making sure that it doesn’t happen again

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

So what can a driver do that's so bad he gets fined a million euro's?   Dodgy

I wonder how big Masi's fine would be?...   Wink

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-10-2023, 03:47 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So what can a driver do that's so bad he gets fines a million euro's?   

Punch Crofty`s lights out?  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-10-2023, 01:35 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-10-2023, 01:09 PM)NeilP Wrote:   The FIA picking on Hamilton is egregious. saying he is a role model is BS.

Er, Lewis Hamilton doesn’t think he was singled out by the FIA picking his infringement for review.

“I think it was just poor communication" Lewis explained that they were referring to how they will move forwards and making sure that it doesn’t happen again

Hamilton is just towing the party line its obvious he is being made an example of.

EDIT: I do not understand how anyone can say he is not being singled out when the FIA make a point of telling everyone Hamilton is a "Role Model". If that is not singling someone out what the hell is?
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(20-10-2023, 03:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-10-2023, 03:47 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So what can a driver do that's so bad he gets fines a million euro's?   

Punch Crofty`s lights out?  Big Grin

They should be given a all expense's paid holliday for that not fined!!!   Tongue

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(20-10-2023, 04:47 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  They should be given a all expense's paid holliday for that not fined!!!  

Ive re-read the t&c`s.....They only qualify for the free holiday if they punch his lights out live on air  Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post