2018 Japanese GP

(05-10-2018, 02:36 PM)morini Wrote:  
(05-10-2018, 02:31 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  You joke, but I have something remarkably similar to this from none other than a certain Mr Lewis Hamilton - pre-douchebag era of course - wishing me luck in my pilot training!  Thumbsup

*** This was supposed to be a reply to Neil's message to Lotus from Toto, but the quote didn't work Undecided ***

Useful edit - and why attributions are a good thing on forums!

Not sure when the "pre-douchebag" Lewis Hamilton era was to be honest. Was it becuase his good luck message didn't get you the required licence?

I think we all have our own pre/post-douchebag threshold for ol' Lewis. If you haven't had your own yet, don't worry, it will come! For me it was around the time he got beat by Jenson and started throwing hissy fits and tweeting confidential information.

For the record, no, his good luck message didn't get me the licence... my kick ass pilot skills did though!

(05-10-2018, 02:36 PM)morini Wrote:  Not sure when the "pre-douchebag" Lewis Hamilton era was to be honest.

Good of you to admit you think he's always been a douchebag though. lol

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 4 users Like Purple-banana's post

(05-10-2018, 02:25 PM)morini Wrote:  So, whats yoru prediction(s) for qualy gents? I think Ferrari have not shown their true pace at all today and theres a lot more lap time in that car. I'm not sure why they are using subterfuge, but they are not as far away as it appeared today. Hamilton though, he looks on top of his game at the moment. It is hard to see him not get pole at this point (reliability problems precluded).

VB, he looks a bit off the pace though he has a Rosberg like way of chipping away (nicking telemetry, I guess) then putting in his best laps when it counts most. I'll punt for HAM, VET, BOT at this point.

Whats the weather supposed to do? I've not even looked at the forecast since we got back.

I am thinking pole for Hamilton, Bottas 2nd, Vettel 3rd, Verstappen 4th. 

All joking aside (I apologize yet again for my incessant rule breaking capabilities look at it as a way to keep you on your toes Morini!) I think Toto Wolff is right Ferrari are not showing their true pace. I will be somewhat shocked if there is 8/10th difference come qualifying which will make Toto's comments accurate.

So here is my question to the Sages among you Ferrari do this on a regular basis, they are not sandbagging anyone so why do they do it? I await my further education!!!

I cannot believe you guys missed these important stats from FP1:

This is Kevin Magnussens 100th Grand Prix.

The Magnussen family are responsible for driving in 93 percent of all GP's raced in by a Dane.

Really you guys need to pull your socks up!
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

@Neil with the signed picture 

Hahahahahaha you c0ck!! Smile
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

[Image: DouNVI-W4AE__-g.jpg][Image: DouYi5QW4AAUERU.jpg]
[Image: DouSBwLXkAARmI3.jpg]
This is nice to see, slightly as a McLaren Fan, but that its a fairly mixed bag in there, kind of, maybe it is just because McLaren are in the there, haha.

Merc, comfortably far ahead. Ferrari need to be ahead on a Friday should we wish to see a race, they aren't even close.
I think Q2 will be a the highlight of the weekend, well I said that about Russia and look what happened three............

My time and effort is with MotoGP and the Thai GP this weekend.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Japanese GP: Fresh F1 tech updates

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/japan...y/3189726/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Well, it was sunny when we left the hotel an hour or so ago, but we're on the train to Suzuka into and there's heavy rain in Yokkachi. Probably means there won't be much P3 running.

That wasn't the best session in the world, but it looks like Morini is going to get to watch a real corker of a qualifying session.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Ferrari are so inept on there calls inters??? They look like amateurs at times

Oh dear oh dear take a bow Ferrari you are a joke! Was never going on the front row though but denied Vettel any chance of the second row
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Disagree LL, Ferrari had the BEST of the conditions on Sebs run, BUT it was Seb who made the error at spoon.

Yep, Sebs just confirmed what I said.

And Ant Davidson pointing out Ferrari actually had the best of the conditions.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Why give inters when it was dry no need?