2018 Japanese GP

(07-10-2018, 04:42 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Neil F1 is a funny thing, if you consider that if they hadn’t changed to a hybrid era we could well of seen a 7 time WDC in Vettel with RBR,(the argument will always be akin to the great MS “oh the car was dominant) and I do not think I exaggerate there, Lewis would of been nowhere just another Damon Hill (class driver btw) and here is the point, ppl say, (I generalise) Lewis will be 5 time WDC I would put my house on that, so he is undoubtedly great but when people start saying 4 time champion is poor or 7 time champion was not  the greatest driver WTF how can people make such judgements yet applaud Lewis above all others, people will say Stirling Moss was greatest driver to not win a title or Jim Clark would of won 8/9 titles he was that good!! It’s all about opinions and touches of fanboy sentiments. ALL drivers who win World titles are EXCEPTIONAL talents the sad thing with F1 is we don’t get to test our theories because teams rarely pitch two multiple WDCs in the same team with the same machinery. We did with Prost and Senna actually!

NOONE I think is disputing Lewis is up there in the GREAT category! But because he is on a high and Vettel is on a low should not detract that both are very close in talent just at different times of their careers.

I rest my case your honour

PS Neil that signed photo really isn’t very good lol paper Smile

No argument with anything you said Lotus. I am not one of the people who down play Vettel, he is a four time world champion and a great driver who will also go down as one of the greatest.  It has been the pressure Hamilton/Mercedes have put on him that in essence forced errors out of him/Ferrari that is the difference between the two this season.

If push came to shove I would still put Schumacher above Hamilton, the era is almost the same but not quite and the book on Hamilton is still being written.

I have said it a lot of times in the past and I will continue to do so, the best drivers get into the best cars for a reason. If Michael drove his whole career for Arrows, Jordan or even Williams he would quite possibly be a ZERO times world champion. The best car argument to me at least is a crappy one, if it was that simple why pay the top drivers millions when you could let a Marcus Ericsson to drive it for you and pay you for the privilege!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Fair point on Ericsson but if he gained confidence through winning in the car I bet you my house he would become a WDC in the best car, it’s the way it goes lol

I’m joking btw

I forgot what I was going to say now . . . . oh yeah - The Japanese GP, LOL Smile

KMag: he's taking the piss now, this was resolved when Max did it to Kimi, no idea why he wasn't penalised this time

The Hulk:  A day to forget

Sainz: that move on Gasly at the end to get the final point, (over a Honda STR, Jody, haha) awesome, we're hanging on by our fingernails to that 4th in WCC standings Smile

McLaren:  Apparently it's the same car they had a Barcelona, all the more impressive that Alonso is still in the top 10.  Nice fights with both Williams though, put some manners on Stroll ,Also as some like to say, that Lewis retires, driver?  Seems Fonzy also managed that feat, he's destroyed Vandoorne

Great drives, from The Honey Badger and Max, solid no.2 drive for Bottas

Merc have clearly stomped all over everyones dreams who wished for a closer fight, but that ain't their fault.  I Wonder who I can blame? haha

A retraction though, I said the 3 engine rule would see Merc and Lewis walk this title.  While it has had an effect on teams like RBR, it has not decided this title.  That said I was right, in the end, Merc and Lewis are walking this one home.  Booo, Smile

OK, Seb was on the back foot, coming into this race, but regardless of Max's derating light flashing that was a reckless move, and not for the first time.  When you are a top driver, competing for a title, you need to be like a surgeon, clinical, with your moves, and wether you think Max should have given more room or not, when you know, it's "Max" - you have to be a fuckwit, to make that move on that corner

What happened to the Seb of 2010-14? I don't know of another driver I actually think has gotten worse with experience, it's totally baffling.  Seb Needs to employ an engraver, to wipe his name off, 2 of those titles, (and put Fernando's name on them) - that is not the driving, these last 2 years, of a deserving 4 time WDC

DiResta Analysis:  Knowing that Max had 5 sec penalty, and was chasing Valteri, at the end, and the SF car is clearly faster than that, that could have been him, and may actually have been able to make a proper challenge on VB.  

I Know Jody covered this elsewhere, but has the second FIA sensor impacted SF's form?  Looks like it, that said, I won't call them cheats, circumnavigating the rules, is all cool with me, it's up to the FIA to police it, but perhaps, SF have not had the "Best" car, they just managed to get around the sensors for a while

Sooo . . . the big question, which gets everyone so vexed:  Who on the current grid can challenge Lewis and Merc? - the usual turd fight on this has already happened, LOL, so I'll speak freely:

No One,  - Fonzy is leaving, wouldn't have had the car anyway as we know.  Max and RBR?  Highly doubtful, unless Honda really do produce that "Jewel" of an engine for next year.  I now believe Morini could well be right, expect titles 6 and 7, in the next 2 years.  Come back Nico, we miss you LOL Smile

I do think Lewis may well break Schumi's records now, and while inflated stats, due to more races, dominant car etc, it's not like Michael also didn't have a dominant car and lets say "some" dubious tactics.  Do I think Lewis has that sense of "Fair play" as Morini put it?  To an extent, yes, do I think he's capable of being underhanded, sly, and fake - sorry bud, but hell yes Smile

I never liked Schumacher when racing, I don't like Lewis, do I think they are true greats of the sport, fuck yes, perhaps the only thing in Michaels favour, is he changed the training, approach that all drivers in the future would have to take, in order to compete and win.

Funniest moment of the weekend, goes to Ted Kravitz, waving at a Japanese fan during the quali notebook, if you haven't seen it, check it out, hilarious

As for Morini, and Mrs M -  Merc, Lewis, and all Lewis fans, only one thing instantly springs to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

enjoy yous B**t**ds, LOL Smile

Ps.  I made changes to my Dream Team in order to avoid the wooden spoon, dunno what I did though, scared to look haha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 7 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(07-10-2018, 07:31 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I forgot what I was going to say now . . . . oh yeah - The Japanese GP, LOL Smile

KMag: he's taking the piss now, this was resolved when Max did it to Kimi, no idea why he wasn't penalised this time

The Hulk:  A day to forget

Sainz: that move on Gasly at the end to get the final point, (over a Honda STR, Jody, haha) awesome, we're hanging on by our fingernails to that 4th in WCC standings Smile

McLaren:  Apparently it's the same car they had a Barcelona, all the more impressive that Alonso is still in the top 10.  Nice fights with both Williams though, put some manners on Stroll ,Also as some like to say, that Lewis retires, driver?  Seems Fonzy also managed that feat, he's destroyed Vandoorne

Great drives, from The Honey Badger and Max, solid no.2 drive for Bottas

Merc have clearly stomped all over everyones dreams who wished for a closer fight, but that ain't their fault.  I Wonder who I can blame? haha

A retraction though, I said the 3 engine rule would see Merc and Lewis walk this title.  While it has had an effect on teams like RBR, it has not decided this title.  That said I was right, in the end, Merc and Lewis are walking this one home.  Booo, Smile

OK, Seb was on the back foot, coming into this race, but regardless of Max's derating light flashing that was a reckless move, and not for the first time.  When you are a top driver, competing for a title, you need to be like a surgeon, clinical, with your moves, and wether you think Max should have given more room or not, when you know, it's "Max" - you have to be a fuckwit, to make that move on that corner

What happened to the Seb of 2010-14? I don't know of another driver I actually think has gotten worse with experience, it's totally baffling.  Seb Needs to employ an engraver, to wipe his name off, 2 of those titles, (and put Fernando's name on them) - that is not the driving, these last 2 years, of a deserving 4 time WDC

DiResta Analysis:  Knowing that Max had 5 sec penalty, and was chasing Valteri, at the end, and the SF car is clearly faster than that, that could have been him, and may actually have been able to make a proper challenge on VB.  

I Know Jody covered this elsewhere, but has the second FIA sensor impacted SF's form?  Looks like it, that said, I won't call them cheats, circumnavigating the rules, is all cool with me, it's up to the FIA to police it, but perhaps, SF have not had the "Best" car, they just managed to get around the sensors for a while

Sooo . . . the big question, which gets everyone so vexed:  Who on the current grid can challenge Lewis and Merc? - the usual turd fight on this has already happened, LOL, so I'll speak freely:

No One,  - Fonzy is leaving, wouldn't have had the car anyway as we know.  Max and RBR?  Highly doubtful, unless Honda really do produce that "Jewel" of an engine for next year.  I now believe Morini could well be right, expect titles 6 and 7, in the next 2 years.  Come back Nico, we miss you LOL Smile

I do think Lewis may well break Schumi's records now, and while inflated stats, due to more races, dominant car etc, it's not like Michael also didn't have a dominant car and lets say "some" dubious tactics.  Do I think Lewis has that sense of "Fair play" as Morini put it?  To an extent, yes, do I think he's capable of being underhanded, sly, and fake - sorry bud, but hell yes Smile

I never liked Schumacher when racing, I don't like Lewis, do I think they are true greats of the sport, fuck yes, perhaps the only thing in Michaels favour, is he changed the training, approach that all drivers in the future would have to take, in order to compete and win.

Funniest moment of the weekend, goes to Ted Kravitz, waving at a Japanese fan during the quali notebook, if you haven't seen it, check it out, hilarious

As for Morini, and Mrs M -  Merc, Lewis, and all Lewis fans, only one thing instantly springs to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYEC4TZsy-Y

enjoy yous B**t**ds, LOL Smile

Ps.  I made changes to my Dream Team in order to avoid the wooden spoon, dunno what I did though, scared to look haha Smile

Great report thanks Fog
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...say-papers

Sebastian Vettel has "gift-wrapped" the F1 2018 title to Lewis Hamilton with a string of high-profile driver mistakes, according to Monday's papers.

"It is a measure of Lewis Hamilton's total mastery of the track that Sebastian Vettel has been reduced to the type of self-damaging, gung-ho gamble that practically gift-wrapped the world title for the Briton here on Sunday,"

"The mistake reflected precisely the predicament weighing on Vettel's slim shoulders. Simply, Vettel cannot match Hamilton."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...e/3191641/

Sebastian Vettel wants to speak to Max Verstappen in private, rather than get involved in a public war of words, about his defensive driving in Formula1.

Guessing Max will tell Sebastian to feck off lol Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Honda not allowed to use update tweak in Japanese GP...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/honda...p/3191651/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(07-10-2018, 03:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  For me Lewis is not better by much in terms of talent

You have got to be joking with that one? Seriously straw clutching delusion. We've all seen Hamilton put on (numerous) displays in wet weather that Vettel would never, ever be able to match or emulate. Hamilton was 2 seconds a lap faster in Germany before Sebastian surfed his (faster) Ferrari into the kitty litter, worried about being overtaken and embarrassed on a wet track. Vettel is the modern day equivalent of Jenson Button, dynamite when the car is underneath him, absolute "Mr average" otherwise. How you can say these two drivers are in the same ballpark in terms of driving talent is beyond me. Sorry, it just is.

Stats are stats, everyone has their own take on them but ultimately they don't lie. In this generation of F1 Hamilton has far, far more natural talent than Seb Vettel. It's clearly not the car either, hasn't been for the last two seasons at least! Don't forget LL, Daniel Ricciardio comprehensively beat Vettel at Red Bull. I have absolutely no doubt Daniel is a better driver than Vettel, yet he is consigned to a second tier team from next year. There is no justice in that.

Rosberg beat Lewis last time out too, M, No-one is saying Rosberg > Lewis. You can't judge based on a single season. Certainly not when there are mitigating circumstances like DNFs or performance get-out clauses muddying the waters....

We all have our own opinions, doesn't justify calling LL delusional because you don't agree

(08-10-2018, 02:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Honda not allowed to use update tweak in Japanese GP...

I was going to say STR must be relieved their double-brake failure happened in Sochi the week before they were in their own back yard, but then again finishing -7 and -4 from their qualifying positions is probably not much better!

Hopefully the jewel they keep talking about is a diamond next season and not a lump of coal

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

(08-10-2018, 02:02 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Honda not allowed to use update tweak in Japanese GP...

Should've gonna ahead and done it anyway, bollox to the FIA, what would the repercussions be, a fine?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(08-10-2018, 03:37 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  

Should've gonna ahead and done it anyway, bollox to the FIA, what would the repercussions be, a fine?

Probably threatened to have to start from the back or the pit lane, at Honda's home GP following a promising qualifying session

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post