2018 Singapore GP

(17-09-2018, 12:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  "Max Verstappen says is was not fair to try and overtake a held-up Lewis Hamilton" during the blue flag incidents. How very noble of Max, really is nice to read that. The lead cars certainly kept a level head during it all.

Very sporting, I must say. 

But playing devils advocate, could be seen as a sign of weakness. Every F1 WDC I've ever seen has been a self centred SOB. Winning is everything.

(17-09-2018, 06:46 PM)morini Wrote:  
(17-09-2018, 12:04 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  "Max Verstappen says is was not fair to try and overtake a held-up Lewis Hamilton" during the blue flag incidents. How very noble of Max, really is nice to read that. The lead cars certainly kept a level head during it all.

Very sporting, I must say. 

But playing devils advocate, could be seen as a sign of weakness. Every F1 WDC I've ever seen has been a self centred SOB. Winning is everything.

Yeah, like he could if got past anyway, personally I don’t believe him

(17-09-2018, 06:48 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Yeah, like he could if got past anyway, personally I don’t believe him

Me either Wink

MV didn't have the pace anyway. Hamilton gapped him easily every time max caught up in traffic.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138832...ngapore-gp

F1 tyre improvements promised after poor Singapore Grand Prix.

Pirelli has promised to learn lessons from the Singapore Grand Prix and try solutions to prevent Formula 1 races being ruined by excessive tyre saving in 2019.
Although the choice of the hypersoft for Singapore helped produce record-breaking qualifying laps, in the race the pace dropped off dramatically as drivers tried to look after their rubber.
Drivers were lapping more than 10 seconds slower than they had in qualifying, and it was hard for cars to properly battle each other without risk of tyres overheating.

Pirelli motorsport racing manager Mario Isola admitted things needed to change.
"This is something we should discuss because with experience and all the data that has been collected this year, we now have a better picture of the approach of the teams," said Isola, when asked by Autosport about the situation.
"It is good to understand which is the right direction for the future.

"These are all considerations that must help us to understand and to improve the situation for next year.
"I don't have a solution right now but it is important we learn from what happened, not just go ahead without looking behind."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

This is another reason I always take issue with F1 when it bemoans the lack of competition and then ties the hands of all the teams. Why cannot teams use whoever is prepared to supply them tyres just like fuel or engines. I know it is not that simple as to just do it but there are so many artificial limits imposed on the teams its no wonder it stifles competition.

Fuel limitations, tyre limitations, too many aero specs its all counter productive to open competition.

The tyre limits were meant to cause strategy changes and differences, but that was always going to be impossible, because the teams all know what the optimal strategy is, always. The drivers just have to execute it. That's the problem. Chewing gum tyres will always lead to these issues. Give teams and drivers tyres they can lean on all the time and we'll see racing. The issues is with the aero packages we have are coupled with durable tyres we're unlikely to see anyone making passes. Truth is it shouldn't be up to Pirelli to give us the racing we require.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(15-09-2018, 03:42 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Has somebody phoned Forza and F1 Fan to make sure they haven't ended it all. I'm concerned about them.

Im alive and well Jody, just busy with work abroad, as I said in another post Lewis was awesome in Quali and raised the bar yet again....he was on a different level to the others (with exception of Max who I also thought out done himself) I have just skipped through the race as I already knew the result....not much to say, as expected a pretty uninspiring race....wtf was Perez thinking??? I cant see Seb having an answer for Lewis for the remainder of this season, up until Sergio Marchionne`s death (not saying this is/was a factor, more as a timeline) I thought Ferrari and Seb could/would push Lewis and Mercedes all the way and possibly take either title....too many mistakes from Seb and what appears to be cracks within the team all while Lewis putting in stellar performances makes a 5th title for Lewis all but formality.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

It aint over til its over!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(21-09-2018, 06:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It aint over til its over!!!!

Translated into “please don’t jinx it” haha
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

(21-09-2018, 06:19 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It aint over til its over!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTP-r46zUE

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post