2018 Singapore GP

Good post Hesh.

On the Rosberg comment, I partly agree with you, but deep down I don't think anyone was getting within 0.5 secs of Hamilton (in the same car) this Saturday. He extracted everything and a bit more out of that lap. One of the most special I have witnessed.

Ferrari 40 seconds behind at the end. That is shocking.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(16-09-2018, 10:42 AM)morini Wrote:  I think everyone got through Q2 on the HS.

Regarding the recent disagreeent / misunderstanding, don't forget we have a PM system and a chat system. I respectfully suggest any more opinions on that are taken out of this race thread to PM now.

There's a "narky old feckers" section for that as well - LOL Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Has somebody checked to see if Forza is alive. I'm genuinely worried.

Maybe we should chip in and get Forza a lifetimes membership card to the Lewis Hamilton fan club. I'm sure that will cheer Forza up.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(16-09-2018, 06:11 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  There's a "narky old feckers" section for that as well - LOL Smile

I've made a promise to myself to be more tolerant. Particularly when sober!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(16-09-2018, 06:14 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Has somebody checked to see if Forza is alive. I'm genuinely worried.

I did wonder myself, but apparently he is away this weekend (see post in anything goes section). I reckon he won't be full of the joys of spring when he gets home though!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

So, as usual a slightly different take from me, I need some time to digest things, LOL

Quotes from the weekend:

Sebastien Vettel:  "The only ones who can beat us - is ourselves"

Yep - yous ticked that box

Foghorn Leghorn: on quali yesterday; "That was a body blow for the Scuderia"

Eddie Jordan: today (emphatic) - "It's Over, that was a dagger into the heart of Ferrari, look at the body language"

Crofty: "get rid of blue flags" - couldn't agree more, and I know at least Paps feels the same, even if it was tense for Lewis, most exciting part of the race

Anthony Davidson: "Merc have worked so hard, to improve for this track"  - I know as a pundit, he was trying very hard to be impartial, and kudos for it, but as a Merc Sim driver, I noticed a very warm handshake between him and Lewis afterwards, or maybe I'm reading too much into that?  Maybe not though?

Eddie Jordan: on Max Verstappen, being enticed to SF, "Stay where you are for several years, look at the history, SF throw titles away . . . RBR don't, when they have a chance / sniff at a title" - EJ said he asked for an overlay of Lewis' and Max's pole laps, and if the engine power differential was taken out, he would have beaten Lewis to pole by 0.1

I concur, stay where you are Max - SF, is not a winning team

On Checo:

I like the guy, he's solid, but WTF - words need to be said, and judging by Otmars face they will be, however if he wasn't so instrumental, and bringing cash to the team, he'd be gone, after today, that was appalling, on both incidents, remember Sebs little wheel bump, at 20 KPH with Lewis and the attention that got, he did it at speed on Sirotkin, unacceptable, reminded me of Schumi, putting Massa into the wall - though that time no contact was made

On the Honey Badger:  He lapped both Renaults, his new team, that said, in an interview, he said, much like the Renault plan has been - it'll be 2020 for podium chances - realism

Alonso:  What more is there to say, Davidson: Worth his weight in gold" - P7, ridiculous, in that dump of a car, yeah incidents, but nevertheless - P8 in the WDC, 3 points behind the Hulk for P7, and against Vandoorne - 50 points to 8 in the WDC, as Morini would say, "Need I say more . . . a racing monster"

think that covers everything, and ohh, yeah, I don't have Kmag in my dream team LOL, solid from Sainz, and the Hulk managed to drag a point out of it.

and just finally, after reading through the comments, I may misspeak at times and say the wrong thing at times, but I said teams "Like" Mclaren, and Williams . . . "  

I agree, Jody, of course RBR, are a garage team  Big Grin

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Not going to disagree with any of that Fog, I do disagree with you on the blue flags, they're there for a reason. In his press conference Whiting has said Grosjean ignored the blue flags for almost two laps. Regardless of what you think of them, they're in the regulations. That was truly unacceptable from Grosjean today, and he nearly put Max into the wall, he only noticed he was there at the last minute. I think given the regulations in F1 right now, you need the blue flags. Are they waved too soon sometimes? Yeah, but I think there has to be an acknowledgement that having to pick your way past absolute donkeys of drivers like Grosjean, Sirotkin et al isn't the way to go. If we had better regs, and a better standard of driver in F1 I'd be happy to see them go.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(16-09-2018, 07:04 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I agree, Jody, of course RBR, are a garage team  Big Grin

But a garage team with an Adrian Newey! Of all the mega talented technical people in this sport he is (for me) the best ever. I know there are others who are right up there in the same bracket (Barnard for one), but he is so driven and such an incredibly fierce competitor. Plus he owned a morini tre e mezzo as his first motorbike. A man of talent and taste!

Q. Who else would you want more in your team on a "rule change" year?

A. Nobody!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Great post Fog. Great pundit bites. I very much enjoy Ant D just the way he is, he's the best Sky have to offer, and with him being so involved with Merc his insight is great.

I saw the blue flag incident in a replay, perfect evidence for both for and against parties. Personally I'm very much on the fence.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(16-09-2018, 07:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I do disagree with you on the blue flags, they're there for a reason.

And I'll add a +1 to that. While there are cars on the circuit running so slowly that they are getting lapped then they need to let the faster cars race. Crofty is full of shit on this one, sorry.