2018 Singapore GP

Stop getting our hopes up Jody!

I've geared myself up for a damage limitation weekend now. It's a long way off anyway. They don't generally get the weather forecast right a day in advance, let alone 2 weeks.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Morini, I'll try not to get your hopes up, but 5 days out from Hungary it proved 100% accurate for Germany Hungary, Spa and now Monza. It's a forecaster that does forecasts for shipping companies. There are some students here who do logistics planning, but also learn to be shipping helmsmen and navigators. It has to be pretty accurate because ships need to set course weeks in advance. I'll post the report 5 days out. Wink

Lets be having the name of it then Jody, don't be greedy now : P

Every year the weather for Singapore is tropical storms, evening and night sessions bypass it all.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(04-09-2018, 02:46 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lets be having the name of it then Jody, don't be greedy now : P

Every year the weather for Singapore is tropical storms, evening and night sessions bypass it all.

Historically true. Always tends to rain in the afternoon, but it's so humid the ground dries very quickly.

(04-09-2018, 02:46 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Lets be having the name of it then Jody, don't be greedy now : P

It's a digital service within our University systems it is provided by the Meteo Group I think. Not sitting in front of it right now. Don't think they provide the service free to the public to be honest with you. Although I do know the list of shipping and airplane companies that use them is staggering. Go check them out, sure they'll have a website.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

[Image: DmQT9rmX4AE3m_f.jpg]

Also added to first post.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hmm... I think that's unwise tyre selection from Ferrari again. We know the Hypersofts will not last at all well here given the humidity, track temps and the abbraissive road surface with manhole covers etc. Singapore is harsh on rears in particular. Then I don't really see the Ultra Softs being able to take you to the end of the race after you've burnt through the Hyper Softs. We know they have issues with causing the Softs it blister in rear limited circuits like this, surely they need data and t fix the issue? With their tyre selection it looks like they're thinking this could be a two stop race. So RBR and Mercedes can start thinking about track position and making it a one stop race. Tactical own goal from Ferrari? Yeah, maybe.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

As these selection were made many months ago, I'm wondering whether Ferrari's selections were made when their car had a much better operating window. Since, was it Silverstone? where their new floor and suspension brought great results, but known detrimental tyre ware.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Ferrari are just limiting their options way too much, obviously they know more than we do but it does seem a very strange decision. I personally dont see any point in having one of anything, utterly useless.

Not a bad shout Hesh, when do the teams need to pick them, it's roughly 8 weeks beforehand isn't it? So they would have picked them around Germany? Right? Either way, leaving yourself with only one set of Softs after what happened to them in Spain and other places seems unwise.