Steiner predicts "fair-and-square fight" as Haas hit budget cap.

Haas team principal Guenther Steiner is confident of a "fair fight" between F1 teams with all 10 outfits now working at or close to the budget-cap limit.

The American-owned team was one of the few not to be operating at the prescribed $140million limit last season.

But with the cap being further reduced to $135m this term, and the arrival of new title partner MoneyGram, Haas will be able to match the spending of its nine rivals.

Steiner said: “We were a little bit off [the $140m cap level in 2022]. For 2023, we will be at the cap level.

“I think everybody will be at the cap. It will then be about how talented you are, not how much money you've got.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Its clear to me Red Bull have invested heavily in creative accountants. It maybe did not work last time but it may well work in the future!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(08-01-2023, 06:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Its clear to me Red Bull have invested heavily in creative accountants. It maybe did not work last time but it may well work in the future!!!

I honestly think every team has & will be creative when it comes to their budget, lets face it F1 has always be about pushing the boundries, its what these guys do best

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(08-01-2023, 08:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(08-01-2023, 06:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Its clear to me Red Bull have invested heavily in creative accountants. It maybe did not work last time but it may well work in the future!!!

I honestly think every team has & will be creative when it comes to their budget, lets face it F1 has always be about pushing the boundries, its what these guys do best

This is why the cost cap "HAS" to be transparent from "EVERY" team, this way the FIA, the teams & fans can see what's acceptable & what is not,
no grey area's, this is in, this is #Taking the piss.

Liberty need to grow a pair & sort this because we all know all the teams will be "pushing the boundries"   Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Haas reveal 2023 colours

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

Is it just me or does anyone else get the "humbug" vibe?
[+] 5 users Like Westie's post

I think I quite like that livery.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

Better than last years I reckon...... but is she quick?...

Steiner claims Ricciardo demanded '$10 F***ING MILLION' to join Haas!!!

Daniel Ricciardo was very publicly in the crosshairs of Haas team principal Guenther Steiner last season.

The Australian was identified as a primary target, according to widespread reports, when the charismatic Haas boss was looking to shake up his driver pairing for the 2023 season.

Kevin Magnussen was also enticed by the idea of having Ricciardo as a team-mate but in the end his salary demands proved way too much for Steiner and Haas.

"We can't afford him, Kevin," said Steiner, in unmistakable fashion, when asked by Magnussen if Ricciardo might be an option for next year. "He wants 10 f***ing million..... Minimum!"

It looks like Ricciardo would have been first choice for Haas but the pay demands were too much.

That is an "I don't want your seat" response from Daniel...unless of course you pay me a shit load of cash!
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post