2018 Italian GP

(04-09-2018, 09:27 PM)morini Wrote:  
(04-09-2018, 09:18 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  A member of the majority distancing themselves from a minority.

I'm not too sure how to interpret your words here? I'm speculating you mean Luca and Zinardi are decent people (like the majority of Italian sports goers) whereas the twats on Sunday behaving like aggressive football yobs are a minority?

If that is what you mean then all I'll say is there were a hell of a lot of the "minority" making themselves heard. So much so you could barely hear the podium interviews.

That was a hardcore element (ultras)and in comparison the the whole crowd at the GP yes it is a minority, enough to make a noise of course wouldn’t you agree?
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(04-09-2018, 09:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  No worries Morini, they will be cheering for Lewis when he is winning in red....    Tongue

I sincerely hope not, but we will if hes driving a red car! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes F1 Fan's post

(04-09-2018, 09:38 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  That was a hardcore element (ultras)and in comparison the the whole crowd at the GP yes it is a minority, enough to make a noise of course wouldn’t you agree?

You didn't watch the podium (you said as much on here), so obviously don't realise how loud it was. There was a sea of red shirts under the podium, they were all booing the race winner and third place man to the point it was just about all you could near on the TV.

All the decent Ferrari fans must have gone hoe by that point, eh?

(04-09-2018, 09:44 PM)morini Wrote:  
(04-09-2018, 09:38 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  That was a hardcore element (ultras)and in comparison the the whole crowd at the GP yes it is a minority, enough to make a noise of course wouldn’t you agree?

You didn't watch the podium (you said as much on here), so obviously don't realise how loud it was. There was a sea of red shirts under the podium, they were all booing the race winner and third place man to the point it was just about all you could near on the TV.

All the decent Ferrari fans must have gone hoe by that point, eh?

So you disagree?

I did watch the podium actually it was on in the background I heard the boos for Bottas and Lewis and the cheers for Kimi

So let’s put it into perspective Morini, attendance is what on average? 180000, and say how many at Podium 2-3000 ish? Even if it was 5000 I would say that’s a minority wouldn’t you say?

(04-09-2018, 09:45 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  So you disagree?

Lets just say it wasn't a minority of "the ferrari fans who went to the podium", it was most of them there acting like yobs. Yes, a minority in terms of the total crowd attending the event but the majority in terms of fans below the podium.

It isn't the point anyway. If I were Italian I would have been ashamed, minority or not. A large TV audience saw that and I felt embarrassed for them. It's quite eye opening for me that you seem to think it is Ok, but who am I to judge?

Trouble is, I'm now hearing that an awful lot of non-Ferrari / Tifosi fans had to put up with abuse and intimidation. It's starting to come out in other forums now. I've been at Monza twice when there was plenty of disgruntled Italians, 2007 and 2012, and when they were ecstatic 2010. In 2007 they were super pissy because Alonso was the great enemy who'd beaten Schumi and was now at McLaren of all places, winning at Monza, being backed up by some young British upstart called Hamilton who'd only gone and passed their beloved Kimi. There was booing any gesticulating towards fans who were there to support McLaren, which I was, but it was good natured. In 2010 I was obviously there to support McLaren and the two Brits again. This time the Tifosi were over the moon because they had Alonso (now a good guy) winning and Massa coming in third... but even then the crowd got a little nasty it has to be said. Nothing too bad, but I did see some Tifosi trampling on a fans Union Flag. Never seen that anywhere else I've ever been to watch F1, or motorsport. 2012 though was the one that has stopped me from really wanting to go back to Monza. I was nearby where Button had to pull over and retire, and when it happened everyone stood up to see what was going on, I got a shove in the back I assumed it was somebody who'd fallen over, so I turned round to see if someone needed some help, as you do, I got shoved in the chest a few times by a bloke and few of his mates who clearly wanted a fight. Honestly, the worst experience I've ever had at a sporting event anywhere, they also started spitting so we had to move. Oddly the Tifosi outside of Italy have always been some of the best and most knowledgeable fans I've met at circuits. This season in Hungary I was sitting not too far from a bunch and they stood up to applaud Hamilton when he won and were super nice people. My take away from this is, a lot of the fans that go to Monza aren't passionate, or real F1 fans, they're just thugs. Up until going to Monza I never really had any issues with Ferrari, or their fans, still don't really, because I don't consider the yobs that go to Monza and wear red once a year Ferrari fans.

I don’t accept it but I’m not going to cry over it either?? You seem to be making a big deal of it I’m trying to put it into perspective. Maybe your not attuned to the Tifosi of the modern day era??

(04-09-2018, 09:07 PM)morini Wrote:  
(04-09-2018, 08:25 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  Nothing wrong with a bit of passion in my book.

There’s passion and then there’s sour grapes and unsporting behaviour. Two very different things. Cheering a driver when he puts it in the kitty litter isn't the same thing as booing the race winner on the podium to the point where the bloke interviewing him can't hear what’s being said. That's not passion, that's being a bunch of collective, sour, bad loser dick heads.

I think it was you who said you'd heard the same thing happen at Silverstone? I'd wager if you did hear it (I've never heard booing when I've been) it would be a handful of individuals and not a large disgruntled mob like last Sunday.

You can try to defend the Italian crowd all you want, but I'm with Luca and Zinardi - two embarrassed Italians who were ashamed by their countrymen’s disgraceful behaviour.

I didn't say I heard the same thing happen at Silverstone, just recounted my experience of how a crowd reacted when a driver they happened not to like, crashed quite seriously and broke a leg. Not sure which is more honourable, English or Italian fans, maybe they are just different.

I have been spat at, had bottles chucked at me, been held back in a football stadiums for more than two hours, because of the mob outside, and all in England. So believe me there are idiots everywhere, but please dont mix these up with genuine passionate fans that are just expressing themselves vocally. Just accept that other nations and people may have a different code to yours .

(04-09-2018, 09:56 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  a lot of the fans that go to Monza aren't passionate, or real F1 fans, they're just thugs.

This!! Well said.

F1 isn't football. You expect twats at football matches, goes with the territory. F1 fans I like to think (with my rose tinted specs) are more like rugby fans. Not at Monza they ain't!

Fuck me all I said was members of the majority berating the minority and rightly so, but that didn’t sit well with you, oh well