2018 Italian GP

[Image: selected-sets-per-driver-1.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Usually a one stop race if my memory serves me correctly?

(06-08-2018, 08:48 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Usually a one stop race if my memory serves me correctly?

Yeah Neil, was a one stop for all except Max I think last year

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Would it be safe to assume Vettels strategy will be Supersoft, Medium for this race!

Looks like Mercedes maybe looking Supersoft, Soft. Interesting!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(26-08-2018, 11:02 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Would it be safe to assume Vettels strategy will be Supersoft, Medium for this race!

Looks like Mercedes maybe looking Supersoft, Soft. Interesting!

Is this the right thread? If so that's some long vision you have. I've learnt that tyre selections doesn't make much difference when it comes to strategy. Going into qualifying and the race, top teams usually have to same amount of new and used tyres available.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Well with only one Soft tyre its pretty clear he will not be running that in any of the practices (what would be the point) and I highly doubt they would use a tyre in the race they have not practiced on so that really leaves it as insurance in case they need it for some mishap during the race itself.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Daniel Ricciardo to receive new engine elements and subsequent grid penalties for the Monza GP.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/904309/1/r...esh-engine

It's not surprising, wonder if Max will aswell. Or do RedBull not have that luxury after Renault seemingly failed to supply the demand, after the news that surfaced with the last elements RIC received.

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

This would be the perfect time for Max to take new elements too. They are not going to win at Monza, its easy to overtake here so they will probably get up to at least 5th and 6th anyway and the next race is at Singapore which I am sure along with Monaco is one of the two prime targets for victory every year for the Red Bull team.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Horner has said DR will run a new spec 3 pu from fp1, the team will then analyse the performance and make the call if it is worth while Max also taking the newer unit(s) for the rest of weekend.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Qualifying 2017
[Image: 7fb6986189.png]

Race2017
[Image: b7e7c08331.png]
Results from Wiki.
I think Monza last year, was when liberty media took control of the sport publications, because their infographics at this point become a wreck.

[Image: DIz1lx-XcAEfdBH.jpg]

[Image: DIzXTMjXoAA_3Ra.jpg]
I've posted this image, because I think its one of the most pettiest things I've seen in a team sport ever. Going into this weekend, it was 9 - 3 to Merc in qualifying, and had 7 wins, only loosing out to Ferrari once on outright pace. Yet they felt so threatened that they felt the need to fly formation on the cool down lap on Ferrari homeland?
This was solely a team decision, and I think it's the lowest they could make after 3 years of utter dominance in the sport.

[Image: 1472813738069.png]
I believe there are changes to DRS for this race, but I don't think those details have been released yet. I certainly don't think any existing zone needs extending, but maybe I'd like to see an additional after the Ascari chicane and before the parabolica, T10-T11. That would potentially provide alot of counter overtaking, but it would also be very excessive.

Weather looking dry and stable. Temperatures seem to be in the perfect range that all teams should be able to get max out of the tyres and not have any issues. A very comfortable one stop, as last year. makes you wonder why Pirelli didn't make the two step jump and bring the Ultras or something, just to make it different.

Yep, I'm reading the Spec 3 Renault has more power but questionable reliability.

As for Max, he is the only driver not to of used all his allocation yet!! Max is still to use one more of his allocated three of his ICE and MGU-H. So if he was to take those new elements he would not receive a penalty. So if RedBull think they can compete in Singapore, I'm wondering whether they will use the remaining elements then. Maybe use Monza to take new elements: TC, MGU-K etc that he is already maxed out on and take the subsequent penalties.

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post