2018 Italian GP

(03-09-2018, 07:15 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 07:02 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 06:51 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 04:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Schumacher, of course, remains far and away Ferrari's most successful driver.

Incorrect the most successful driver  ever!!! Smile

In terms of WDC's, nobody could ever argue with you. That record isn't getting beaten in my lifetime. However, I fancy his 91 wins may well go to someone else. LH already has a higher win percentage.

Time will tell

Thing about win percentages, is they can go down as well as up, assuming you're still racing Smile

Driver ratings are up on sky if you fancy a chuckle

Was Stroll worth a 9? I didn't notice!

No, Stroll wasn't worth a 9. He lucked out in the carnage at the start of the race by actually having an utterly cack start. Was actually passed by Sainz and Perez on track for position. I don't get it. I agree with most of the scores actually this week, probably what I'd have given, but I think the Stroll score is just for getting the Williams into the points if I'm honest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/45403007

Words from an honourable man.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Agreed Morini, always liked Luca, and yes, the Tifosi went too far, and they were a bit of an embarrassment. I have now heard multiple stories of fan intimidation from Monza as well, including flags being ripped out of hands, and as I said, some French guys I very nearly went to Monza with being assaulted. They're actually black and I've been told they had people making monkey noises at them. Stay classy Italy.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Agree that intimidation, assault and racism aren't acceptable in any circumstance or sport. Personally experienced it at international football matches, plenty of times, both in England (as part of the away fans) and Europe. Now a little bit of booing and banter is something different, so in my opinion they shouldn't be confused, nor should the actions of a few be taken out of context. The vast majority of the crowd at Monza are normal respectable race fans, with plenty of passion for all Motorsport.

I was sitting at Luffield in 1999 with a screen in front of us, and have never heard a crowd cheer so loudly when Schui buried his car into the barriers at Stowe.  Probably wouldn't be seen as politically correct now, but it was just the crowd expressing themselves without knowing how serious it could have been.

Nothing wrong with a bit of passion in my book.
[+] 4 users Like F1 Fan's post

(04-09-2018, 08:25 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  Nothing wrong with a bit of passion in my book.

There’s passion and then there’s sour grapes and unsporting behaviour. Two very different things. Cheering a driver when he puts it in the kitty litter isn't the same thing as booing the race winner on the podium to the point where the bloke interviewing him can't hear what’s being said. That's not passion, that's being a bunch of collective, sour, bad loser dick heads.

I think it was you who said you'd heard the same thing happen at Silverstone? I'd wager if you did hear it (I've never heard booing when I've been) it would be a handful of individuals and not a large disgruntled mob like last Sunday.

You can try to defend the Italian crowd all you want, but I'm with Luca and Zinardi - two embarrassed Italians who were ashamed by their countrymen’s disgraceful behaviour.

(04-09-2018, 09:07 PM)morini Wrote:  
(04-09-2018, 08:25 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  Nothing wrong with a bit of passion in my book.

There’s passion and then there’s sour grapes and unsporting behaviour. Two very different things. Cheering a driver when he puts it in the kitty litter isn't the same thing as booing the race winner on the podium to the point where the bloke interviewing him can't hear what’s being said. That's not passion, that's being a bunch of collective, sour, bad loser dick heads.

I think it was you who said you'd heard the same thing happen at Silverstone? I'd wager if you did hear it (I've never heard booing when I've been) it would be a handful of individuals and not a large disgruntled mob like last Sunday.

You can try to defend the Italian crowd all you want, but I'm with Luca and Zinardi - two embarrassed Italians who were ashamed by their countrymen’s disgraceful behaviour.

A member of the majority distancing themselves from a minority.

(04-09-2018, 09:18 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  A member of the majority distancing themselves from a minority.

I'm not too sure how to interpret your words here? I'm speculating you mean Luca and Zinardi are decent people (like the majority of Italian sports goers) whereas the twats on Sunday behaving like aggressive football yobs are a minority?

If that is what you mean then all I'll say is there were a hell of a lot of the "minority" making themselves heard. So much so you could barely hear the podium interviews.

No worries Morini, they will be cheering for Lewis when he is winning in red....    Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post