2018 Italian GP

(03-09-2018, 04:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...italian-gp

Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari accused of 'own goal' at Italian GP
Italy reacts to Ferrari's surprise humbling by Mercedes...

Sebastian Vettel apologised to Ferrari fans after the home team's bruising defeat to Mercedes in the Italian GP - a result the country's media have described as an 'own goal'.

Ferrari's hopes of a first Monza win in eight years were dashed by Lewis Hamilton, who overtook both Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen to claim a famous win at the home of Mercedes' greatest rivals.

How did the Italian press react?

Most observers had certainly expected a difficult result after Ferrari locked out the front row at Monza, yet the team's race began to fall apart inside four corners when Vettel clashed with Hamilton.
Italy's daily sports newspapers reacted with widespread dismay at the performance of the country's effective national team.
Gazzetta dello Sport ran the headline 'Own goal Ferrari' on the newspaper's front page, with the Maranello outfit also described as 'sinking reds'.  

Meanwhile, the Corriere dello Sport said Ferrari's result was 'not enough' on a day Hamilton 'takes everything'.

While the Englishman may have been booed by the partisan Tifosi fans on the podium, the sports daily called Hamilton 'Schumilton' after he matched Michael Schumacher's record of five Monza wins.

Schumacher, of course, remains far and away Ferrari's most successful driver.

Incorrect the most successful driver  ever!!! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(03-09-2018, 06:51 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 04:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Schumacher, of course, remains far and away Ferrari's most successful driver.

In terms of WDC's, nobody could ever argue with you. That record isn't getting beaten in my lifetime. However, I fancy his 91 wins may well go to someone else. LH already has a higher win percentage.

[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(03-09-2018, 07:02 PM)morini Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 06:51 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(03-09-2018, 04:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Schumacher, of course, remains far and away Ferrari's most successful driver.

In terms of WDC's, nobody could ever argue with you. That record isn't getting beaten in my lifetime. However, I fancy his 91 wins may well go to someone else. LH already has a higher win percentage.

Time will tell
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(02-09-2018, 09:35 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Yeah, I know a lot of it is gamesmanship. But I know for sure who has the upper hand on that front at this point in the season.

I said this last year and I'll say it again now. If Hamilton was in that Ferrari the WDC would be over by now.

Much how I feel if Alonso was in the car, and Eddie Jordan was managing the team, LOL, have you listened to his "Beyond the Grid" interview yet? haha Smile
[/quote]

Have you listened to the Gerhard Berger "Beyond the Grid" interview, its worth a listen, hadn't realised how serious his road accident was, and just how lucky he was. Also somebody who really knows what its like to be part of the Ferrari family.

(03-09-2018, 04:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...italian-gp

Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari accused of 'own goal' at Italian GP
Italy reacts to Ferrari's surprise humbling by Mercedes...

Sebastian Vettel apologised to Ferrari fans after the home team's bruising defeat to Mercedes in the Italian GP - a result the country's media have described as an 'own goal'.

Ferrari's hopes of a first Monza win in eight years were dashed by Lewis Hamilton, who overtook both Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen to claim a famous win at the home of Mercedes' greatest rivals.

Most observers had certainly expected a difficult result after Ferrari locked out the front row at Monza, yet the team's race began to fall apart inside four corners when Vettel clashed with Hamilton.
Italy's daily sports newspapers reacted with widespread dismay at the performance of the country's effective national team.
Gazzetta dello Sport ran the headline 'Own goal Ferrari' on the newspaper's front page, with the Maranello outfit also described as 'sinking reds'.  

Meanwhile, the Corriere dello Sport said Ferrari's result was 'not enough' on a day Hamilton 'takes everything'.

While the Englishman may have been booed by the partisan Tifosi fans on the podium, the sports daily called Hamilton 'Schumilton' after he matched Michael Schumacher's record of five Monza wins.

Schumacher, of course, remains far and away Ferrari's most successful driver.

No surprise there, they weren't ever going to be happy, without a race win at minimum, for either driver!
[+] 3 users Like F1 Fan's post

(03-09-2018, 07:48 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  No surprise there, they weren't ever going to be happy, without a race win at minimum, for either driver!

PapaofGags

While the Englishman may have been booed by the partisan Tifosi fans on the podium, the sports daily called Hamilton 'Schumilton' after he matched Michael Schumacher's record of five Monza.

"No surprise there, they weren't ever going to be happy, without a race win at minimum, for either driver!"

Obviously agree with you, though I was surprised/pleased to read the positive things they said about Lewis.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

F1 Fan - yeah, I've heard the Berger interview, had seen other ones, and knew about the seriousness of his road car accident, Berger, even if not a WDC, is a proper legend of the sport, also has some very funny stories, a great guy, and a great character Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

I met Berger once after the Turkish GP. Wasn't sure it was him, but he saw us looking and checking him out, and he came over and said hi. Thoroughly nice chap. Really enjoyed chatting to him, he was getting on a private chartered jet, meanwhile we were waiting for an EasyJet flight that was 2 hours delayed. :/
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(03-09-2018, 08:47 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Berger, even if not a WDC, is a proper legend of the sport, also has some very funny stories, a great guy, and a great character Smile

One of my Favorite lines From Gerhard, Ayrton taught me to drive, I taught him to laugh.    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-09-2018, 09:24 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I met Berger once after the Turkish GP. Wasn't sure it was him,

Slightly Off Topic, but I've previously been envious of your F1 knowledge, but now I'm really Jealous, LOL, of just how many events you've been to, but as you've been following for quite a time, just curious on your take on "Jordan" now FI

I'm sure you've probably heard the "Beyond The Grid" interview, I put up a page, just as a bit of a laugh, as Morini,is not a fan

Not talking about "the Pundit" side, just as I said, curious on your take?

Ps. Be kind, I am a fan - hahaha Smile

(again feel free to move this) to the "Jordan" thread Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

I was a fan of Jordan as a team principle, and a team. Simple as that. He did amazing things with no budget, and literally borrowing old tyre guns and stuff. He's become an annoying tit post being a team boss, I always felt it made him bitter how the sport went, and the lack of tabacco sponsors nearly killed the team. He was also never really taken seriously by the other teams and I think that's left a chip on his shoulder, but honestly? Fair play to the guy as a team boss and owner.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post