2018 Italian GP

Lets hope we have a Ferrari one/two, wont need any formation flying, the crowd will do it for them!
[+] 2 users Like F1 Fan's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...preview-2/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-08-2018, 06:06 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  Lets hope we have a Ferrari one/two, wont need any formation flying, the crowd will do it for them!

I think its a very strong possibility even probability.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Dunno how to just post vids, but this might cheer up the Lewis fans, seems Seb ain't too good at taking corners in the dry either, LOL

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...07/?nrt=54

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

When I read about I thought, oh dear, how unfortunate, not what he needed to help win over Italian fans. Then I saw the literal cars width of road he had to deal with, like 5 mph would be too fast through it, something an F1 car really isn't suited for.

Gutted to see that tomorrow might be a wash out, but dry for the rest of the weekend. People have said Ferrari would be hoping for a dry qually, I think they need a dry Friday more. Their cars, always have varying balance issues, one can see, to a more severe scale than other teams. yet they run their program, gather the numbers and seemingly work magic with their virtual garages and simulation back at base. They then need FP3 to finalise it all, come qually their cars are where they should be.

Monza last year, they confessed that the sopping wet FP3 had compromised their car optimisation and that showed in the race on various levels, after a shocking qualifying. With their dramatic design philosophy change this year from last year, they go into race weekends relatively blind (well expect for the petabytes of data from previous years). Favourably their car characteristics should be well suited for the track so they may hit the ground running. Yes, going in blind applies to a great deal of the teams, but the pressure is on Ferrari to deliver at home. If Friday is wet expect one of the busiest FP3 sessions all year.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(29-08-2018, 10:46 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Dunno how to just post vids, but this might cheer up the Lewis fans, seems Seb ain't too good at taking corners in the dry either, LOL

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...07/?nrt=54

*Baits line*

Well at least Seb showed up!

*casts off*

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 5 users Like Purple-banana's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138372...demo-crash

Sebastian Vettel has explained how using Kimi Raikkonen's steering wheel contributed to his crash during Formula 1's Milan demonstration ahead of the Italian Grand Prix.

Vettel suffered a low-speed incident during the Wednesday afternoon demo, running wide into a plastic barrier and dislodging the car's front wing.
Though the car was liveried with his numbers, four-time world champion Vettel said he was using Raikkonen's car and steering wheel, which he says has a different clutch control.

"I apologised," Vettel said. "I went with the car and the steering wheel of Kimi, who had the clutch on the other side.
"I didn't think about it, and at that point I was too fast.
"I asked if it would be possible to change the wing to do two more laps for the fans.

As you know I am not a fan of Sebastian the driver, though this last sentence is one of the reason's I'm slowly warming to him as a man.

"Obviously it was my mistake, but that's OK."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Behave yourself John!!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

@Papa I like Seb a lot due to his character, for me is quite funny when he wants to be and isn’t that arrogant and he holds his hands up when he makes mistakes, keeps out of the limelight generally, I watched his interview before summer break and they said what you going to do and I think he said try and get some restoration done on a project, a normal run of mill bloke and a good driver thrown in there, what’s not to like lol
[+] 6 users Like LotusLover's post

I must admit, he has got harder to dislike since he moved to Ferrari. I think he has an almost British sense of humour and does not really exhibit the Germanic traits you would perhaps expect. He was a real little piece of work when at Red Bull but you know perhaps you need that edge to get to the very top.

I feel he has matured enormously since he joined Ferrari, I put that down to a few things; he really had nothing to prove he was already a 4 time WDC. With respect to Red Bull Ferrari is the pinnacle of F1 and he had made it. I think he was sucked into the Ferrari ways which certainly affected the way he behaved on track. I also think as you get older you mature is many ways.

He is still prone to making mistakes but in truth they all are some just happen at more important moments than others. Other than he is the 'enemy' I like the guy a whole lot more than I did when he was with RBR and there should be no doubt he is an outstanding driver, Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso are the stand out drivers from the last 10 years for sure.
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post