2018 Hungarian GP

Well I am probably a day late and a Dollar short but as it is relevant to the race Red Bull are saying they do not expect Ricciardo to be taking any penalties for the race (unless of course there are further issues during practice or qualifying) Apparently the parts that malfunctioned can be replaced by an already used part hence no penalties.

This does potentially have a big impact I feel on the race as having two cars running towards the front increases your options for strategy. I am sure it will make for a better race with both the Red Bulls guys in the top six maybe even the top two!!!

It will be interesting to see how Vettel reacts, I am expecting him to come out guns blazing so to speak and expect a good weekend for him.

Mercedes, a litmus test to see how their car works. Everyone expecting nothing from them. I have hopes but maybe that is all there is. Time will tell. I am already wondering what the heck to do between Sunday and Spa.... long wait!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I'm not expecting nothing from Mercedes, but I do think historically you'd have to say the Hungaroring isn't exactly the greatest track for the Silver Arrows. I don't think it's going to be as bad as some expect. I mean Lewis' third place in Monaco showed that maybe they've solved some of their issues with there car, and they were rapid in S3 in Hockenheim. So I think they're in with a shot this weekend if they're perfect, a long shot possibly, but counting them out isn't wise... especially if you see Sky's weather forecast on this article:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...ord-errors

I'll be back on here Monday!!!
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(26-07-2018, 10:50 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I'll be back on here Monday!!!

Enjoy your trip

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Enjoy Jody Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Have a wonderful time Jody!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Early days but Red Bull looking super strong even on the Yellow Soft tyres. FP2 on Ultras will be eye opening for many teams!

I know many of you guys dont take much from F1 FP1 but what I take today is that Red Bull are absolutely going to be the team to beat, Ferrari will be their main competitors and Mercedes are a very long way back.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

So what excuse will Vandoorne be using this weekend...talk was his previous chassis was in some way to blame...well the new chassis hasnt improved his performance... fp1 over .5 down and currently over .8 behind Fernando in fp2 #notcuttingthemustard

That fool Crofty chuckling away in the background like the village idiot he is when MB was talking is giving me the right hump!!!!!!!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

I'm not watching, having to make do with the text-commentary on SSF1. I've gone right off Crofty lately. PDR too. One is way too serious, the other not serious enough. I'll leave you to work out which is which.

For me I think MB & Coulthard were the commentating dream team. I reckon Rosberg would make a good commentator alongside Brundle too (although Sky viewing figures would halve overnight). I really rated Jake Humphries as lead presenter as well.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

I dont mind the rest of the sky team just that numpty Croft, although the worst comms team I have ever heard has to be the Spanish crew....they are only interested in FA ....doesnt matter what is happening out on track they will be discussing how good Nando is at putting on his socks or something stupid Wink

I can believe that entirely Forza. As we've discussed previously, I lived in Valencia for a few months and watching the news in the morning (pointless since I barely know any spanish...) every sport bulletin was the typical La Liga update, followed by a Liverpool update, since half of the Spanish national team were playing at Anfield at the time

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post