2018 Hungarian GP

I guess we can put that one (Germany) behind us now can't we? What a ridiculous end to the race weekend waiting for official confirmation of the result. Any way, Hungaroring up next, and I suspect a track where Red Bull will fancy their chances, as long as Danny Ric doesn't need yet another new motor. What a joke, I know people are saying Honda are pants, but just look at the issues Danny, Max, Stoffel and Alonso have had to deal with with Renault engines. I think Mercedes will be on damage limitation mode in Hungary and I'd expect Ferrari just to edge them, but we'll see. My prediction is for a Max Verstappen pole and win.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-07-2018, 06:46 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  with Renault engines. I think Mercedes will be on damage limitation mode in Hungary and I'd expect Ferrari just to edge them, but we'll see. My prediction is for a Max Verstappen pole and win.

Agree Jody for the most part, but if it was really so bad, I don't think you could make such a prediction for a Renault powered team / driver, yeah RBR have a pretty awesome car, but with everyone making such a big deal out of SF's engine gains this week, I'm not so sure the Renault PU is (too much) to blame, and remember - Williams and Force India both have Merc PU's

also, another stonking result for the Hulk P5 - get in there, we're on our way back Smile

I hope we do get Ocon now as some rumours suggest Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

I think we know though that the Hungaroring is more of a chassis track as opposed to a power track, so the power deficit the Renault runners have should be somewhat mitigated. I'm not sure the Hungaroring plays into either Mercedes or Ferrari's chassis strengths, but I have a feeling it'll be slightly better on paper for Ferrari... unless it rains... in which case expect to see Seb in the barriers somewhere.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-07-2018, 07:59 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  unless it rains... in which case expect to see Seb in the barriers somewhere.

Haha Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

OMG, long range weather forecasts predict thunder storms in Budapest next weekend...

http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Hung...ecast.aspx

I hope that remains the case, because a wet Hungaroring would be far more exciting to watch... even if it'll give Seb a nervous breakdown, or PTSD flashbacks.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-07-2018, 09:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  OMG, long range weather forecasts predict thunder storms in Budapest next weekend...

Bring it on!

Though they can't really predict weather 1 day ahead, let alone 1 week.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Of course long range weather forecasts are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot, but I'll be keeping an eye on the weather forecasts as week goes on, because a went Hungaroring would be a magnificent spectacle and would really shake things up a bit. Would love to see it actually.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: DF57IuXXYAAh_zC.jpg:large]
[Image: 90sjqaqtiqcz.jpg]

[Image: DiTL2GOWsAAxuBB.jpg]
[Image: 1468859161502.png]
I think they used up all they can for DRS unless they add one T3 to T4. T4 is an awful corner to be side by side into however. Maybe T11-T12 which might be quite good despite it being a short straight.

Well I'm going to say a Merc pole and win. Fastest in Sector three at both Britain and Germany. No Hypers.

Weather wise. Hungaroring has thunderstorms listed for the the whole of summer. It's such a volatile region. I usually ignore the weather until 24 hours before a session for it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hammy with more softs than anyone. Is that a mistake I wonder, most others banking on the US.

I am not as down as many on Mercedes chances. Whilst I would agree the track favours Red Bull we dont know if Danny Ricciardo will have to take any penalties if he does he is done as far as a win goes. As for Max, yes I think he has an excellent chance to win here even more so if it rains.

I like Hamilton to do well in the race, he may not win but I would bet on a podium and if it rains maybe a win. I know Vettel won at a canter (did you see what I did there...sorry I have probably had too much to drink already) last year even with issues...

Can someone explain to me why Ferrari seem to be struggling with tyres these days? I thought that was the exclusive territory of Mercedes yet they seem to be going well in what I see as a role reversal from last year. Then it was Mercedes struggling on tyres but having the more powerful engine and Ferrari doing okay with tyres but not so much engine power.