2018 German GP

Agreed but l I am not too sure your guy looks any better!!!!

http://totalcarmagazine.com/features/201..._mechanic/
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(20-07-2018, 10:34 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Agreed but l I am not too sure your guy looks any better!!!!

http://totalcarmagazine.com/features/201..._mechanic/

Haha, love that.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Daniel Ricciardo is set to start Formula 1's German Grand Prix from the back of the grid after taking new power unit elements for the start of Friday practice.
Red Bull has known for some time that the Australian would need to use some new elements, and it has opted to make the changes for Hockenheim.

For FP1, Ricciardo has taken his third MGU-K, which has triggered 10 places, while a third energy store had added five more and a third control electronics a further five – all of which then leads to an automatic back of the grid start.

The team has not yet changed his V6, MGU-H or turbo, all of which are on the bubble for penalties.

The team is expected to make a decision after practice today, although it’s clear that the changes will be made for Saturday as there would be no further loss here, but extra penalties if the team waits to make the changes at a later race.

“We’ll see after this session,” Christian Horner told Motorsport.com. “I don’t know whether the combustion unit will be new, but he’s due some other components.

"We’ll know a bit more later in the day.”

Ted Kravitz reporting Bottas is using the same pu that overheated in Austria

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Might as well go the whole hog and get all new components into circulation. They'd be crazy not to!!!

(20-07-2018, 10:59 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Might as well go the whole hog and get all new components into circulation. They'd be crazy not to!!!

Yep, I would imagine they will fit all new components, no brainer really.
Heard them saying (on sky) rain is forecast for tomorrow`s qualy then warm/dry sunday

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

What are they doing track limits wise here? Quite a few of them taking the piss in P1, that's for sure.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(20-07-2018, 11:02 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yep, I would imagine they will fit all new components, no brainer really.

Croft saying they can't. If they introduce any new elements after the third then that has to be used until the end (i.e. can't cycle in previously used elements). Any changes, including using an older element will incur a penalty.

(20-07-2018, 11:13 AM)morini Wrote:  
(20-07-2018, 11:02 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yep, I would imagine they will fit all new components, no brainer really.

Croft saying they can't. If they introduce any new elements after the third then that has to be used until the end (i.e. can't cycle in previously used elements). Any changes, including using an older element will incur a penalty.

I'm pretty sure Crofty is wrong. (wouldn't be the first time!)

They're not allowed to put a new ICE (call it #4) in FP1, another in FP2 (#5) and then run FP3, Q & R with yet another new one (#6) then use #4 & #5 later in the season.

They could do the above, then continue to use #1,2,3 & 6 without penalty, but #4 & #5 would be discarded

Hopefully that made sense but I am positive that's the case (I'll dig out the tech regs, they'll have a better explanation... maybe)

Sporting Regs 23.3b:
During any single Event, if a driver introduces more than one of the same power unit element which is subject to penalties, only the last element fitted may be used at subsequent Events without further penalty.

(20-07-2018, 09:03 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Agree entirely M, I'm not doubting for a second he's capable, what I doubt is that he is willing to do so again.

He floated the idea of retirement last year when things weren't going his way, then Ferrari fell by the wayside and he was 100% committed again, winning however many back-to-backs and clinching the title with races to spare.

He's got too many motorbikes and rap records to sell and idiotic clothes to wear. It won't take much for Formula 1 to become the inconvenience in his life he no longer needs/wants.

I thin you underestimate the motivation of all of the top tier drivers. They are all obsessively driven guys with huge ego's. He want's to set targets (already has in a few areas). I reckon he knows the WDC record is out of reach, but don't underestimate ego. Set the pole and wins record as high as possible & win with three teams. I think that will do him.

I'll throw this one out there (as I've been thinking it for a while) - Vettel will retire before Hamilton.

Sporting Regs 23.3b

During any single Event, if a driver introduces more than one of the same power unit element which is subject to penalties, only the last element fitted may be used at subsequent Events without further penalty.

[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post