2018 German GP

(22-07-2018, 08:09 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  So question as I skipped bits was Bottas told not to challenge after initially challenging, well Merc can suck a fat one along with those twats who believe they let them race, if its true Bottas was told to hold position tut tut personally both Kimi and Bottas got the sh1t end of the stick I say ban "team orders"

Kimi was also told to let Sebastian past, rightly.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(22-07-2018, 08:09 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  So question as I skipped bits was Bottas told not to challenge after initially challenging, well Merc can suck a fat one along with those twats who believe they let them race, if its true Bottas was told to hold position tut tut personally both Kimi and Bottas got the sh1t end of the stick I say ban "team orders"

Yeah, yeah LL. We did this a bit a lot earlier in the thread (while I was sober). Two things, 

1. VB had a good go at LH for a few corners on cold tyres. It was never going to come off, LH had him covered off.
2. From conner 4 it was all over (see other posts earlier, nobody could get anywhere near him). Wasted argument, LH was much, much faster.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

If it was anyone like Landonor Russell I don’t think I would have a problem it’s that bell end I cannot stand, for example the bare face cheek to say it would be too difficult to pass only says it to make himself look better,guys a wanker full stop. Sorry if I’m a bit opinionated lol
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(22-07-2018, 08:09 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  [

Haha (sorry)  Big Grin
[/quote]

No need bud, take the piss as much as you like, we both got something great out of this weekend - I got to see Lewis, push his car and be a whiney little bitch, lol Smile and see Seb be a fecking numpty - it's been a red letter day all round - haha Smile

When we (Renault) get on par, is when it gets serious for me Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

How do you know this when he is told to hold position? He became a blocker to Ferrari from then on?? Done his job well though Smile

It’s not right mate end of in my opinion if your faster do it properly,applies to everyone in my book. Ends up false racing imo

(22-07-2018, 08:25 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(22-07-2018, 08:09 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  [

Haha (sorry)  Big Grin

No need bud, take the piss as much as you like, we both got something great out of this weekend - I got to see Lewis, push his car and be a whiney little bitch, lol Smile and see Seb be a fecking numpty - it's been a red letter day all round - haha Smile

When we (Renault) get on par, is when it gets serious for me Smile
[/quote]

Not sure I've got enough years left to see that I'm afraid fog Wink

(22-07-2018, 08:26 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  How do you know this when he is told to hold position? He became a blocker to Ferrari from then on??  Done his job well though Smile

It’s not right mate end of in my opinion if your faster do it properly,applies to everyone in my book. Ends up false racing imo

I agree team orders utterly suck, and as far as I'm concerned ruin the purity of the sport / racing, certainly at this point in the season. I think Kimi had earned his place in front of Seb, let them fight for it. Ditto Bottas, however, the second lap after the safety car, before it was called off Lewis was gone up the road already, and in S3 where the track remained greasy Bottas really struggled for grip whereas Hamilton had no such issues. After that initial lap after the safety car restart I think the moment had passed, and once Lewis got his breaks and tyres up to temps he wasn't been caught by anyone. Prior to the rain he was quick enough to have been challenging Seb towards the end of the race if his US held on. Once the rain started falling there really was ever going to be one winner.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-07-2018, 08:28 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not sure I've got enough years left to see that I'm afraid fog Wink

Cruel and unnecessary Jody - don't be that guy, hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(22-07-2018, 08:21 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Fair enough, but I wasn't part of that, I also happen to think Lewis' power steering actually did fail before turn 1, you can see from the steering lock he had on and the car just not turning something wasn't right, I'm not sure it was his mistake into turn 1, I actually think he may have had hydraulic issues. 

I've also seen interesting video evidence from Austria to suggest Lewis was having fuel flow issues as early as lap 15 when he started having peaky acceleration and his laps started being inconsistent, I think his fuel pump was failing really early in the race. He's been driving to a very high level this year, and he's had too. However, at the half way point he has a 17 point lead in the second best car overall, and that's partly him maximising what he has, and Seb not doing likewise.

The TV coverage looked like he made a big mistake on Saturday (quali). Your comments are very interesting. However, given that the lap was ruined anyway I was wondering why Lewis kept his foot (very) hard in and launched the car over the kerb? Surely, if he already had hydraulic problems then he wouldn't be doing that I don't think? Happy to be proved wrong, but I came away from Saturday thinking Lewis had damaged his own car there?

Need to re-watch it. Think the Mrs may have deleted quali recording. Anyone have an online link?

Morini if his hydraulics had failed before hand, his gearbox would have lost pressure, his throttle could have jammed open, and Mercedes have confirmed he had a hydraulic failure before turn 1, maybe they're covering his ass, but the steering lock was extreme and the car just didn't turn in, look at the highlights from quali on Youtube tomorrow when they're released, I think he had problems before turn 1 and Mercedes think so too.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-07-2018, 08:37 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Morini if his hydraulics had failed before hand, his gearbox would have lost pressure, his throttle could have jammed open, and Mercedes have confirmed he had a hydraulic failure before turn 1, maybe they're covering his ass, but the steering lock was extreme and the car just didn't turn in, look at the highlights from quali on Youtube tomorrow when they're released, I think he had problems before turn 1 and Mercedes think so too.

Will have a look when I can find a clip, cheers. I think I was harsher than most at the time in my appraisal of what happened in Q1, I thought he was unnecessarily over driving (he was already safely through to Q2). If it was a mechanical failure then I will have to withdraw my negative comments (not that Lewis gives a f**k) Wink