2018 German GP

What's even more annoying is Sauber are transforming into the B team watch. Bet there a a lot of drivers who covet Ericssons seat.

moriniWhat's even more annoying is Sauber are transforming into the B team watch. Bet there a a lot of drivers who covet Ericssons seat.

Def....Redbull have a lot of hungry young bucks ready to lock horns with the best.....

[Image: 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png] Dan Tickum

[Image: 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png] Neil Verhagen[

[Image: 23px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png] Jack Doohan

[Image: 21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png] Dennis Hauger

[Image: 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png] Jonny Edgar

[Image: 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png] Harry Thompson

And prob a few others in the "wings" as well.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

Another of Iman`s write ups

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...l-preview/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Interesting comment " The Hockenheimring, not nearly as challenging as the old route through the forest"

I found that somewhat surprising!!!

Looks like boy wonder is about to sign...

Confirmation of Hamilton's new deal has certainly already been a long time coming.
Talks opened during winter testing - the start, from the media's perspective, of a raft of 'it will be done, but we don't when' updates from both Lewis and Toto Wolff.
Now, it seems, it finally has been done.
An announcement in Germany makes corporate sense, of course, to Mercedes given that this weekend's race is their home event. 
But there are still several significant factors of intrigue to ponder:
Will Mercedes also announce Valtteri Bottas has extended his deal?
How long will Hamilton's extension be?
Will there be a clause in the deal to extend beyond 2020 ahead of F1's re-set?
If he is retained, will Bottas be given a one-year deal for a third successive season by Mercedes?
Hopefully by the end of the day we will have some answers...

(And not a crayon in sight) Wink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-07-2018, 10:20 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  An announcement in Germany makes corporate sense, of course, to Mercedes given that this weekend's race is their home event. 

German team? pretty sure their a British team coz my mate told me...….. Haha Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-07-2018, 10:50 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  German team? pretty sure their a British team coz my mate told me...…..  Haha     Tongue

What is the difference between a Mercedes F1 car and a porcupine? ........Porcupines have the pricks on the outside. Wink

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

2 year extension, supposedly agreed pre-Canadian GP. Mercedes wanted 4 years, Lewis wants 2 years. Lewis gets 2 years. Bottas expected to be confirmed for 2 years as well, although Ocon, has stalled on an FI extension apparently and FI are looking at potential replacements.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

What is the difference between a Mercedes F1 car and a porcupine? ........Porcupines have the pricks on the outside. Wink
[/quote]

Wind up merchant lol    Cool

http://www.skysports.com/f1/live-blog

Could Bottas be announced on Friday?

One of the immediate questions raised by Hamilton's extension is why Mercedes haven't also re-confirmed Valtteri Bottas for 2019 as well.
Here's a very interesting answer to that question from Sky F1's Ted Kravitz:

"My understanding is that they want to do one announcement at a time. It’s important for the drivers to get all the focus on them and for the team to get their story out one driver at a time. To have announced Bottas at the same time as Hamilton may have diluted the message. But my understanding is that the contract with Bottas is very close to being signed – if not signed. We may even get an announcement tomorrow that Bottas has signed to stay with Hamilton at Mercedes in 2019 and 2020."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

"My understanding is that they want to do one announcement at a time. It’s important for the drivers to get all the focus on them and for the team to get their story out one driver at a time. To have announced Bottas at the same time as Hamilton may have diluted the message. 

Maybe Im a sceptical ol b@stard but it reads to me like....."this is all about Lewis, its Lewis`s day, you can read about Bottas`s new contract on page 28 of next Tuesdays copy of The Brixworth Herald" Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post