Mad Max

Yeah, it was an interview in a Ziggo Sport in Holland, didn't know you read Dutch Morini, Kudos to you.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Dutch? I can barely manage English.

It might have been this https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen...r-than-me/

I have to say, he's not doing himself many favours. Like most F1 drivers he should learn the art of keeping his mouth shut!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(12-12-2018, 02:05 PM)morini Wrote:  Dutch? I can barely manage English.

I was tempted to make a smart arsed comment about you Welsh being allergic to Vowels in your lingo but thought the better of it (oh shit, I just have)  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-12-2018, 01:54 PM)morini Wrote:  I was reading a link which popped up on my Google feed (can't find it now) where Maxie was having a pop at Hamilton. LH only win because of the car and Bottas is useless - I'm paraphrasing a bit.

Big words from someone who hasn't achieved all that much yet Smile

What does it matter what he has achieved for giving his opinion? If that is a rule, we all probably need to stop talking about F1 since none of us ever even drove a F1 car, let alone drove a race.

Besides, I think you can't argue the fact that Hamilton does have a easier job with being in the best team, best car and a teammate that is no danger at all. 
I mean, can't a driver not be critical about other drivers? 
Fact still is that Verstappen still respects Hamilton a lot (as a driver and a person, at least he said this many times in interviews), maybe most of all drivers on the grid. The things he said does not show any difference on this if you ask me.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(12-12-2018, 06:25 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What does it matter what he has achieved for giving his opinion?

It doesn't matter to me Anti, just makes him look stupid. He should do his talking on the track. In fact, they all should.

(12-12-2018, 07:03 PM)morini Wrote:  
(12-12-2018, 06:25 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What does it matter what he has achieved for giving his opinion?

It doesn't matter to me Anti, just makes him look stupid. He should do his talking on the track. In fact, they all should.

Well, he actually does a pretty good job on track.
But if it makes him look stupid, how does it make look us then? I knew I'm a idiot, but thought better of you guys…

Back to what is actually said; do you really think it is that bad? I even think he was quite right and there is nothing disrespectful about what he said. Verstappen usually is more of a dick when he speaks (at least he is himself, not some phony douche), he can be terrible embarrassing at times, but this seems like a regular or even light version of Verstappen.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(12-12-2018, 02:05 PM)morini Wrote:  Dutch? I can barely manage English.

It might have been this https://www.planetf1.com/news/verstappen...r-than-me/

I have to say, he's not doing himself many favours. Like most F1 drivers he should learn the art of keeping his mouth shut!

On both articles you refer to, the context of what was said in the interview was lost. In the 2nd article e.g. is says:
“He has a very good car and his team-mate is not there anyway."

I've watched the interview and can assure you that is not what Verstappen said.

Difficult to put in writing what he said (even more since English is not my native language), but it was more like his (Hamiltons) teammate was #2 in the ranking (hence Bottas had to give up a victory for example).
Anyway, hope the interview will be available with accurate subs (although I doubt it), so the whole context of what and how it was said by Verstappen will be clear for everyone.
[+] 3 users Like JDF_AW's post

Hi peeps.

Show me a young & quick driver that doesn't or didn't have an ego problem, I cant think of one, when Sebastian was winning at Red Bull Lewis was saying the same/similar things, its in their DNA, they just believe whole heartedly that they are better than everyone else, no doubt in their minds, come's across to some fans as arrogant & some times it just plainly is.

*BUT*

Thing is this is what makes them winners, total belief in their ability that they are better, take this away would they be the same weapon? my view not only do they need to be this way but all the top drivers are/were like this.

Personally I have Lewis & Max as 1 & 2 as the best drivers in F1, I'm pretty sure in the future some young quick kid will be saying "Max is in the best car" just as Max said it about Lewis & he about Sebastian, the circle of life.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-12-2018, 08:35 PM)JDF_AW Wrote:  I've watched the interview and can assure you that is not what Verstappen said.

Difficult to put in writing what he said (even more since English is not my native language), but it was more like his (Hamiltons) teammate was #2 in the ranking (hence Bottas had to give up a victory for example).  
Anyway, hope the interview will be available with accurate subs (although I doubt it), so the whole context of what and how it was said by Verstappen will be clear for everyone.

This is a good point. There is likely problems in translation I am not allowing for.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-12-2018, 09:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Personally I have Lewis & Max as 1 & 2 as the best drivers in F1, I'm pretty sure in the future some young quick kid will be saying "Max is in the best car" just as Max said it about Lewis & he about Sebastian, the circle of life.

All valid points too. Every last one of them would be more likeable if they talked less though Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post