Mad Max

(19-11-2018, 07:10 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(19-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I still think Mercedes is hoping Red Bull will mature Verstappen and when Hamilton leaves the sport (probably within two years), they snatch away a matured Verstappen, ready to win titles for a decade to come. Maybe ocon can be second driver....

I agree Anti, pretty sure I read Toto was talking to Max/Jos hoping to pinch him off Red Bull, just before he signed for them, I'm sure all the top teams will play the "who can chuck the most money at Max" game soon as he's into his last year, If not trying already, the Max era will come, I'm convinced of it, kinda seems obvious with his talent.      Cool

Ocon will be announced as a Mercedes driver next year I recon, Max & Ocon……..  yes please.  Big Grin

It is a fact that the Verstappen team was talking with Mercedes, we just don't know the details about it.
I think it is not really about money for Verstappen; he already is getting a lot and the top teams will always be able to give him enough.
It is more about who has the best change for him of winning a title (and making him filthy rich doing so). 
Mercedes to me seems still a team that will be on top (maybe not that dominant as these last couple of years) for the next few years to come and seems a better fit for Verstappen than Ferrari.

Verstappen & Ocon would be fun, but will never happen (no Hamilton-Rosberg drama's for Mercedes anymore if they have a champion material driver with a fast wingman as a option). Ocon screwed up if you ask me, because if the change comes along, Mercedes will choose Verstappen above Ocon any time. Bottas could be there for a while now I think about it.

Anyway, how is poor Wehrlein doing? He could be a nice teammate for Verstappen over there at Mercedes. Bet he will be faster than Bottas.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

I predict come 2021 Verstappen will sign the biggest F1 driver deal of all time and I think it will be between Mercedes and Ferrari UNLESS Red Bull are up there with the top two.

Rumour has it Forza is selling his Lewis Hamilton memorabilia to help fund the move!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(19-11-2018, 09:59 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Rumour has it Forza is selling his Lewis Hamilton memorabilia to help fund the move!

Neil I hope they are not relying on my contributions...they will be bitterly disappointed  Tongue 
(that said I do actually have 1 LH item in my small collection of F1 memorabilia....just dont tell anyone)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-11-2018, 10:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(19-11-2018, 09:59 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Rumour has it Forza is selling his Lewis Hamilton memorabilia to help fund the move!
(that said I do actually have 1 LH item in my small collection of F1 memorabilia....just dont tell anyone)

Haha, don't listen to him Neil, his one item is a shrine lol    Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2018, 10:13 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(19-11-2018, 10:09 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

Haha, don't listen to him Neil, his one item is a shrine lol    Tongue

Its probably Hamiltons McLaren car he won the world championship in Papa !!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(20-11-2018, 05:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Its probably Hamiltons McLaren car he won the world championship in Papa !!

I wish it was buddy....I wouldnt be working 2 jobs  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Max Verstappen has suggested he does have a 'Plan B' should the new Red Bull-Honda partnership fail to succeed in the next two years.
The Anglo-Austrian team has hyped up their change in engine supplier for 2019, believing the switch to the Japanese manufacturer will be the boost Red Bull need to compete regularly with Mercedes and Ferrari.

Despite that, there is still the admission that it will take a little time for Honda to match Formula 1's current standard bearers in terms of engine performance and Verstappen is among those making that claim.
"I really like this team and I'm sure we can build the fastest car ever," the 21-year-old reportedly told Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport.
"We just need the engine to reach the right level and next year we must try to go strong and set the stage for 2020, when the project is fighting for the title."
If that isn't the case, however, he added: "There is always a Plan B…"
That could mean a repeat of 2017 when Verstappen was looking at options elsewhere before eventually committing to a deal with Red Bull until the end of 2020.
During that time Mercedes, in particular, showed a great deal of interest and with Lewis Hamilton's contract ending at the same time, perhaps Max in Silver can't be ruled out.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Max to Mercedes has always made more sense to me than Max to Ferrari... but I couldn't really tell you why I think that. I just do. Like I just think Hamilton will be in red in 2021.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-12-2018, 12:14 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Max to Mercedes has always made more sense to me than Max to Ferrari... but I couldn't really tell you why I think that. I just do. Like I just think Hamilton will be in red in 2021.

He's just a dumb kid, I expect to see him follow Danny, and move to the resurgent Renault squad in 2021, every other speculation is just silly IMO, Smile

Danny to SF, with Charles

Seb to Williams / Merc engine

Kubica to McLaren / Renault

Lewis to Racing Point / Merc engine

Now that would be fun. Ooh and Fonzy to return in the Merc seat alongside Ococn , LOL Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Someone has either been in the liquor cabinet or has just has a special delivery from Papa!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post