Mad Max

(10-12-2021, 08:42 PM)black Wrote:  I'll still think he's a dirty driving, egotistical, entitled prick

Harsh!  Laughing

(but fair)
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Congratulations Max Verstappen.

I've never seen a more controversial season or final race, but you were in contention all year. Well done.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

(12-12-2021, 05:55 PM)black Wrote:  Congratulations Max Verstappen.

Yes, congratulations. Drove exceptionally for most of the season.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

There is absolutely no doubting the mans ability to me that is where it ends.

I cannot seperate him from the team he drives for. He is to me an arrogant entitled driver (if not person I dont know him) much like the team he drives for. One thing for sure he will NEVER drive for Mercedes so he is with Red Bull or Ferrari for the rest of his career.

I can be magnanimous on most things but not this time. The hidden agenda was not very well hidden and I do not like things when they are not fair and open and this season has not been that way. The way this race ended sums up a season of bias against Mercedes. Over dramatic and over stated, I think not. Others I am sure will think differently. It is days like this I envy the likes of Forza. He is a team guy not a driver guy and I can appreciate that. I am sure he will be thrilled with the result but even Forza's hatred of Hamilton will not blind him (I think) to the way this race ended.

Personally I will root for every single driver to beat him or do to him what he considers fair to other drivers. I hope 3/4 teams are up there next year because the likes of Sainz, Leclerc, Russell and Norris will not just give way to him as he expects.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(12-12-2021, 06:00 PM)morini Wrote:  
(12-12-2021, 05:55 PM)black Wrote:  Congratulations Max Verstappen.

Yes, congratulations. Drove exceptionally for most of the season.

Agreed, and whilst I also agree with Neil/ Ian that the circumstances stink, taking it from him would be cruel in the extreme at this point.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Max handled the pressure well....just as he does with his lips.

F1 WDC....* Aided

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

Congratulations to Max Verstappen 2021 Formula 1 World Champion.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Congrats big lips

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-12-2021, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  There is absolutely no doubting the mans ability to me that is where it ends.

I cannot seperate him from the team he drives for. He is to me an arrogant entitled driver (if not person I dont know him) much like the team he drives for.  One thing for sure he will NEVER drive for Mercedes so he is with Red Bull or Ferrari for the rest of his career.

I can be magnanimous on most things but not this time. The hidden agenda was not very well hidden and I do not like things when they are not fair and open and this season has not been that way. The way this race ended sums up a season of bias against Mercedes. Over dramatic and over stated, I think not. Others I am sure will think differently. It is days like this I envy the likes of Forza. He is a team guy not a driver guy and I can appreciate that.  I am sure he will be thrilled with the result but even Forza's hatred of Hamilton will not blind him (I think) to the way this race ended.

Personally I will root for every single driver to beat him or do to him what he considers fair to other drivers. I hope 3/4 teams are up there next year because the likes of Sainz, Leclerc, Russell and Norris will not just give way to him as he expects.

Neil, I think you let your emotions get the better of you.
For one; how can you say this season has been gifted to Verstappen only because he had luck this single last race?

The whole world agrees that if anyone it is Verstappen that had bad luck this year.
Lets say this was not the last race, but Baku was. Would the world not think Verstappen was sabotaged (Hamilton fucked up himself, don't even start on that stupid "magic button" excuse of him)? Or Silverstone? Or maybe Hungary?

Or talking about FIA? I don't even know where to start to compare how much better Mercedes has been treated to Red Bull. It is insane to even talk about it, but I dare anyone to do so (only to bet a good bottle of wine over it, or whisky).

And I would not be so sure Verstappen will never drive for Mercedes. They already offered him a seat and he rejected. Verstappen said in emotion that he will drive for Red Bull forever, but who knows. But why even care about Mercedes? If there is one team I find despicable right now it is Mercredes under Toto Wolf. Just shameful how they act after losing the drivers championship (and in same time winning the constructor tittle, for eight or nine time in a row!!!). 

I would've wanted you to see this in the right light. Verstappen is a great driver, a decent person and won the championship fair and deserved. 
Red Bull as well is a great team and without it right now the sport would be shite. Hell, F1 will not exist without Red Bull nor Mercedes. That shows how fragile and weak the sport actually is.
We need new and more teams/engine suppliers. And more consistency in the regulation so all teams can get up to speed. Look at this year, only possible because we had some pause on the changings. Even McLaren was getting up there. I don't think such many changings is a good thing.

Neil, let emotions settle, enjoy a good drink and look at this year again. It was great and will be great again for the coming years.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(13-12-2021, 11:22 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(12-12-2021, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  There is absolutely no doubting the mans ability to me that is where it ends.

I cannot seperate him from the team he drives for. He is to me an arrogant entitled driver (if not person I dont know him) much like the team he drives for.  One thing for sure he will NEVER drive for Mercedes so he is with Red Bull or Ferrari for the rest of his career.

I can be magnanimous on most things but not this time. The hidden agenda was not very well hidden and I do not like things when they are not fair and open and this season has not been that way. The way this race ended sums up a season of bias against Mercedes. Over dramatic and over stated, I think not. Others I am sure will think differently. It is days like this I envy the likes of Forza. He is a team guy not a driver guy and I can appreciate that.  I am sure he will be thrilled with the result but even Forza's hatred of Hamilton will not blind him (I think) to the way this race ended.

Neil, I think you let your emotions get the better of you.
For one; how can you say this season has been gifted to Verstappen only because he had luck this single last race?

The whole world agrees that if anyone it is Verstappen that had bad luck this year.
Lets say this was not the last race, but Baku was. Would the world not think Verstappen was sabotaged (Hamilton fucked up himself, don't even start on that stupid "magic button" excuse of him)? Or Silverstone? Or maybe Hungary?

Or talking about FIA? I don't even know where to start to compare how much better Mercedes has been treated to Red Bull. It is insane to even talk about it, but I dare anyone to do so (only to bet a good bottle of wine over it, or whisky).

And I would not be so sure Verstappen will never drive for Mercedes. They already offered him a seat and he rejected. Verstappen said in emotion that he will drive for Red Bull forever, but who knows. But why even care about Mercedes? If there is one team I find despicable right now it is Mercredes under Toto Wolf. Just shameful how they act after losing the drivers championship (and in same time winning the constructor tittle, for eight or nine time in a row!!!). 

I would've wanted you to see this in the right light. Verstappen is a great driver, a decent person and won the championship fair and deserved. 
Red Bull as well is a great team and without it right now the sport would be shite. Hell, F1 will not exist without Red Bull nor Mercedes. That shows how fragile and weak the sport actually is.
We need new and more teams/engine suppliers. And more consistency in the regulation so all teams can get up to speed. Look at this year, only possible because we had some pause on the changings. Even McLaren was getting up there. I don't think such many changings is a good thing.

Neil, let emotions settle, enjoy a good drink and look at this year again. It was great and will be great again for the coming years.

I think I answered this in my race post Anti. I am only as unhappy for Hamilton as you are happy for Verstappen.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post