Red Bull choose Honda

Has he got the points? I didn't think he had. What has he done between the end of last year to now?

(30-03-2019, 02:04 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Has he got the points? I didn't think he had. What has he done between the end of last year to now?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tickt...t/4359688/

Hi Jody, I found it here, Its also on Autosport as well.   Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Ah it's just a testing license, not a full license. Feel really bad for the chap because his family doesn't have the money to push him and put him in top drives.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

This made me laugh Wink

https://thejudge13-com.cdn.ampproject.or...e-wrong%2F

I particularly liked this bit 

Laughable is the rhetoric from Helmut Marko in Australia, obviously still nursing ‘a semi’ from Verstappen’s podium for Honda, their first since Barachello’s in 2008.

I quote: “With our car, he will be able to fight for the title. Absolutely.” and “if we talk about pace, then we were on equal terms with Hamilton.”
And now we’re hearing from the same man that “The trend was already there in Australia, but not as blatant as in Bahrain,
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Apparently Renault are still to blame for Red Bull's 2019 pace struggles.....

Helmut might have properly lost the plot with this one.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko has claimed that the team's early season aerodynamic problems are partly the fault of former engine suppliers Renault. Marko's somewhat incendiary suggestion is that Red Bull's planning was based around a power unit inferior to the one they have ultimately worked with from Honda.

The Red Bull-Renault relationship grew increasingly fractious in the years that followed a dominant run of four successive drivers' and constructors' title doubles.

However, the likes of Marko and team principal Christian Horner have put none of the blame at Honda's door insisting the problems are Red Bull's own to fix, having apparently been partly brought on by Renault.

"So far, missing downforce was our problem," Marko told Auto Bild.

"The design of the car was due to the lack of engine performance of our former engine partner, so that we had to design for efficiency.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

That is quite simply a bald faced lie.

Point is even if it had a shred of truth to it then it shows how stupid your people are for working on the basis of an old design and different design to the one you were going to be use.

I want to like Horner but find it hard. I despise Marko which I find very easy to do.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

While RBR took quite a long time to decide to take Honda power units, and yeah, I accept RBR's assertion that they then had to spend most of their development time adapting their chassis to take the Honda engines, rather than focusing on the aerodynamics... it's a bit rich to blame Renault. They made the decision to switch, and they made it very, very late.

I don't like Marko, and I tend to disagree with the bloke on principle, but at the start of the season, and in winter testing the RBR looked far more under developed than usual. It was clear to me that their claim of incorporating the Honda engine was not quite as simple as they claimed it would be. Not Renault's fault. However, their car was designed to be "slippy", the concept is clear, and that I think was a decision taken because of the Renault PU, if RBR knew how much stronger the Honda engine was going to be I think they'd have started the season with a different looking car.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(09-05-2019, 09:29 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I don't like Marko, and I tend to disagree with the bloke on principle

Can't imagine anyone liking that tool. Him and Mr Halliwell are the most annoying double act in F1. In fact, the chuckle brothers are the main reason I can't ever get behind Red Bull as a team.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

More theories from the Helmut....  

Mercedes benefiting from rule changes? Marko launches theory.

Red Bull motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko says the penalty which saw victory of the Canadian Grand Prix taken away from Sebastian Vettel and given to Lewis Hamilton is just the latest example of the Silver Arrows mysteriously benefiting from decisions by F1's hierarchy.

On the suggestion that Mercedes are being favoured by F1's rule-makers, Marko said: "Let's put it this way: It's noticeable that the rule changes and decisions have always been good for Mercedes lately.

"For example: Pirelli has changed the tire tread for 2019 so they will not overheat, but in 2018 only Mercedes had a problem with it.

"For example: Pirelli has changed the tire tread for 2019 so they will not overheat, but in 2018 only Mercedes had a problem with it.

"In 2019 suddenly only Mercedes gets the temperatures always in the correct working window. All other teams cannot. It's funny.

"We all had the opportunity to react to it, but the concepts of the cars were all designed for less downforce. Only Mercedes chose they built a car with a lot of downforce and traction - in hindsight, that was exactly the way to get the most from the new-generation tires.

"Although I cannot prove that Mercedes got data earlier than we did, I cannot rule it out.

"At Red Bull we will look very closely at the future development of Formula 1 and there will also be discussions with Pirelli."

"In 2019 suddenly only Mercedes gets the temperatures always in the correct working window. All other teams cannot. It's funny.

"We all had the opportunity to react to it, but the concepts of the cars were all designed for less downforce. Only Mercedes chose they built a car with a lot of downforce and traction - in hindsight, that was exactly the way to get the most from the new-generation tires.

"Although I cannot prove that Mercedes got data earlier than we did, I cannot rule it out.
"At Red Bull we will look very closely at the future development of Formula 1 and there will also be discussions with Pirelli."

Conspiracy theories eh? I love them as much as the next bloke, but not when it comes from either of the chuckle brothers. They have no credibility and I ignore everything they say.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post