Red Bull choose Honda

Proper Red Bull chat for a change Wink

So if Red Bull were doing this with Rob Marshall how many other's were on this type of contract? Newey etc...

Not sure how this can be properly policed, good practice, sharp thinking in a cost cap era or taking the piss?...

This is now going to be banned, if a staff member works in F1 100% of their salary will count.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Impossible to police. If a person works on F1 at all then their whole remuneration should go against the cost cap. It is the only way of doing it that isn't open to abuse.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

Leading on from my last post, apparently Horner wants to move Newey onto the super car project permanently for budget cap reasons, will Newey want to do this? or does it leave an opening for another team?

I hear lake Garda is beautiful.    Wink

Adrian Newey could be cut from Red Bull’s Formula 1 programme as the team searches for a way to be compliant with the cost cap.

Now German publication Auto Motor und Sport reports that Adrian Newey is currently ‘unhappy’ with how things have played out recently, and reports that Horner wants to ‘completely relegate him to the RB17 hypercar project.’

While it could help free up space within the cost cap, as he would no longer count as one of their three highest earners – and therefore a cap exception, it means that the team are taking a big risk in committing to their future Formula 1 projects without him.

If the situation doesn’t improve, an ‘unhappy’ Newey could look elsewhere for his future, especially with Lewis Hamilton joining a tantalising Ferrari project for 2025.

At least for now, he should be content with working on the exciting RB17 which is one of the most intriguing projects he has ever been involved in.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Haha..... for now     Laughing

I wonder what next week will bring?     Winkblink

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(12-03-2024, 07:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So if Red Bull were doing this with Rob Marshall how many other's were on this type of contract? Newey etc...
Not sure how this can be properly policed, good practice, sharp thinking in a cost cap era or taking the piss?...
This is now going to be banned, if a staff member works in F1 100% of their salary will count.

Just had a thought (yeah I know) If Newey is staying, we now know 100% of his wages have to count in the cost cap, surely this will hit them in the pocket? not even thinking about all the others who were only said to be working a small percentage of the time on the F1 side of Red Bull, this new ruling must be massive for them surely?

Quote Forza
(Fecked up the quote)

Newey is one of the top 3 whose remuneration does not count against the cost cap. I imagine that would be the same if he moved to another team.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-03-2024, 06:07 PM)morini Wrote:  Newey is one of the top 3 whose remuneration does not count against the cost cap. I imagine that would be the same if he moved to another team.

Yeah this is what I thought, so I can't understand why he was mentioned about cutting costs & removing him from the F1 job? (widely reported)

Makes me wonder, suspicious mind I have with anything RB.

(14-03-2024, 06:42 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah this is what I thought, so I can't understand why he was mentioned about cutting costs & removing him from the F1 job? (widely reported)

Makes me wonder, suspicious mind I have with anything RB.

Well, it would allow them to move the next highest paid guy out of the cost cap. That's the only way they can gain from it.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post