Red Bull choose Honda

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst.../10585064/

VERSTAPPEN: MY RED BULL F1 FUTURE COULD REST ON MARKO'S FATE

"My loyalty to him is very big, and also I have always expressed this to everyone within the team, everyone high up, that he is an important part in my decision making for all the time in the future as well within the team.

"So, it is very important he stays within the team, including of course everyone else because it is a whole team effort."

Verstappen said that if there was any risk of the team's senior management being overhauled in the wake of the ongoing situation at Red Bull, then that could well make him think he is better off elsewhere.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

I'm fed up with it all now.

Firstly, I will state that I think this is and always has been a stitch up job to dethrone Horner. But, I am no fan of the man and would be more than happy if he falls from his pedestal.

What annoys me most is the poor way Red Bull have handled the press throughout this PR nightmare. Nobody trusts the team because of the numerous times they have cheated (and got away with it) in the past. Nobody trusts Christian Horner because of his passive aggressive personality and his default operating mode of "dishonest".

If Red Bull had at least denounced the leaked material as fake it would give some credence to the way they have handled the situation. But they haven't, so it is clear that the leaked material, now in the public domain, can be considered genuine. As such it is fair to state Christian Horner is not a decent person and does not have a well calibrated moral compass. Lets just say I would not want to work for an individual who behaved in the way those leaked messages depict.

Red Bull are clearly untouchable on track. That is down to Adrian Newey acing a regulation change, something he has a track record of doing. They could easily keep winning without Horner in the picture, not so sure they could sustain it for long without Newey there.

Life is full of narcissistic wankers, I know that from experience. Formula 1 has the opportunity to expel one of them and do the right thing, but hasn't the balls to do it. People like Horner will always win by throwing money at their problems.

Rant over.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...rs-staying

Max being interviewed (2m 30s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I'm disappointed this isn't affecting them on the track!

But that car is so far ahead of the rest the senior management could all disappear up each others arses in a frenzy of legal sodomy and the car would still win every race.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(08-03-2024, 10:51 PM)morini Wrote:  But that car is so far ahead of the rest the senior management could all disappear up each others arses in a frenzy of legal sodomy and the car would still win every race.

The way its going Perez could be WDC next year...     Shutup    Laughing

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff.../10585254/

Wolff makes offer to Marko amid Red Bull F1 future doubts.

Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff has cheekily suggested that the German manufacturer could offer Helmut Marko a role if he is dropped by Red Bull.

Marko is set to meet Red Bull managing director Oliver Mintzlaff in Saudi Arabia on Saturday where he could learn his fate, and whether or not he will continue in his role.

That decision could be critical to the Red Bull F1 team’s future, with Max Verstappen having made it clear that if Marko leaves then he too could follow him out of the door.

And the German manufacturer’s team principal Wolff has outlined how it could make the team more attractive to Verstappen, by bringing Marko on board to take a non-executive role like Niki Lauda used to have.

"We're missing our old mascot anyway," smiled Wolff during an interview with Austrian broadcaster ORG.

"Then we'll just take Helmut. He's the right age. He doesn't have a red cap, but then he'll come to us."

He added: "Helmut is not a child of sadness and was - or is - our favourite enemy. But he is a real racer. If they lose Helmut, it will certainly be a loss for Red Bull and for the team."

Wolff remains open to the idea of Verstappen moving across, but is aware that his team needs to produce a faster car to convince him.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/13...his-future    (4m 36s)

Sky Sports News' Craig Slater explains what Max Verstappen's comments on Helmut Marko's Red Bull future could mean for his own future with the team.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horne.../10585874/

Red Bull Formula 1 boss Christian Horner has rubbished accusations of a “cunning” plan inside the team to try to get rid of motorsport advisor Helmut Marko.

Well the racing has been pretty pants I gotta thank Red Bull for the entertaining us away from the racing.   Tongue

The press still seem to want CH gone

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/98c6f...3c818622ef

Rumours (unfounded as far as I can tell) that U2 are going to release a single in support of the woman at the centre of the scandal. As you say papa, this saga is far, far more entertaining then the racing we've seen so far.

Laughing

Red Bull have spoken out on claims that Christian Horner is set to be dismissed ahead of the Australian Grand Prix later this month.

A report from F1-Insider published on Sunday claimed that the Thai billionaire is beginning to change his tune and, along with fellow prominent Red Bull figures Mark Mateschitz and Oliver Mintzlaff, is minded to dismiss Horner before the Australian Grand Prix on March 24.

A Red Bull spokesperson has since played down those bombshell claims, saying: "As Christian has said, he is grateful for the full support of the shareholders and that remains the case."

Also.

"Woman at centre of sexting scandal switches lawyers and is set to appeal"

Rumors but Short Spice is... the gift that keeps giving   Wink