Red Bull choose Honda

(07-03-2024, 02:19 PM)morini Wrote:  I assume that's not Horner himself suspended? Nothing of the FP1 coverage about it (though I've only just turned it on).

No idea mate, it just pinged up on my phone, I would guess its the female that made the accusations.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(07-03-2024, 02:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(07-03-2024, 02:19 PM)morini Wrote:  I assume that's not Horner himself suspended? Nothing of the FP1 coverage about it (though I've only just turned it on).

No idea mate, it just pinged up on my phone, I would guess its the female that made the accusations.

So, enhanced bung accepted?...    Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

On the beeb now

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/68501426

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, just saw.

Something smells very unpleasant about all of this. We won't ever know the truth about it though.

Whatever, it has done nothing for Red Bulls reputation.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

According to Lazenby, the lady was suspended when she turned up for work on Monday morning, so it hasn't just happened. It gets more unpalatable by the minute.

Horner is clearly going to survive this shitstorm due to backing by the 51% shareholder. We can only hope the internal tensions inside Red Bull Racing are real and it results is some good people (hopefully Newey) jumping ship.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(07-03-2024, 03:57 PM)morini Wrote:  Horner is clearly going to survive this shitstorm due to backing by the 51% shareholder.

We can only hope the internal tensions inside Red Bull Racing are real and it results is some good people (hopefully Newey) jumping ship.

Yeah... still you can't put a price on the reputational damage this has caused Red Bull.

"Asked if he could envisage Verstappen moving to Mercedes and Newey heading to Ferrari, Hamilton told media in Jeddah: “I think my move has shown that anything’s possible and it’s going to be a really interesting next six months or so."

"And he suggested Ferrari could make a move for Newey – but conceded that it is “not my decision.”

I know Newey has said no before, but he has also spoken of his regret at not working for Ferrari & with Lewis.

We can live in hope!   Wink

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(07-03-2024, 04:26 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  We can live in hope!   Wink

We certainly can!

Just read a transcript of Horners press conference earlier. He is such a weasel. No contrition whatsoever, he is the victim the way he comes over.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Marko could face suspension amid fresh Red Bull investigation.   (AutoSport)

Red Bull’s motorsport advisor Helmut Marko has admitted that there is a possibility he could be suspended after this weekend’s Formula 1 race in Saudi Arabia.

Autosport has learned that Marko is subject to an investigation by Red Bull relating to various media leaks that have taken place since it emerged that Horner was being looked at by Red Bull's energy drinks company.

The investigation remains ongoing, and no conclusion has been reached regarding whether or not Marko breached team protocol at all.

However, if he is found guilty of having released confidential information to the media then he could face disciplinary action.

Marko confessed to Austrian broadcaster ORF in Saudi Arabia that there was a chance he could be absent from the next race in Australia.

Red Bull declined to comment on the matter when approached by Autosport.

"If" he retires that will trigger a clause for Max to be able to leave to Mercedes.

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-03-2024, 07:10 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Marko could face suspension amid fresh Red Bull investigation.   (AutoSport)

Link, for anyone that interested in the senile old twat Laughing

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko...n/10584969

[edit]
It is clear Hornier has already won this internal war.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

If it wasn't so totally bizarre it would be funnier! Laughing

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/158729886...lmut-marko

Why would anyone tie their career to a wrinkly old prick like Helmut Marko? This Red Bull internal fight is way more entertaining than the on track happenings. I wonder what is going on in Adrian Newey's head right now? He doesn't strike me as the type of bloke to tolerate this type of shit.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post