Red Bull choose Honda

(05-03-2024, 12:00 PM)morini Wrote:  
(05-03-2024, 01:17 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Christian Horner

AKA "Teflon Tony"

He's going nowhere, unfortunately. Thai 51% stakeholder will make sure of that.

Yeah it does seem Austria want him gone but the Thai's want to keep him doesn't it.

I can't work out if its Jos that wants him gone, or If Marco's using him as a useful idiot.

Been reading some stuff online, Jos saying if he doesn't get his way (Horner gone) Max will walk, Marco saying that he wouldn't get in his way, he would walk himself which would enable a clause allowing Max & Adrian leave.

Ford is considering pulling out of their contract due to the lack of transparency. 

Horner was trying a takeover of Red Bull, brought in financial backers, a coup if you will.

Horner's had a meeting with Max's representatives.

And just to throw in something crazy > Jos was seeing Horner's bird at the factory!!!  

"If" just one of these it true it might be the fall of Red Bull.... I would be really sad.    Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Its said that Fiona Hewitson is the lady who has made the complaint against Short Spice, he is suing Formula 1's business magazine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Looks like it's going to rumble on for a while yet

https://grandpx.news/horner-drama-intens...i-showdown

As a side note, I wonder why bakc in the day Dietrich Mateschitz gave co-founder Chaleo Yoovidhya controlling interest? As I understand it they spit the company 49% each and gave Yoovidhya's son 2%. To me that seems like a risky thing to do as the Thai family have ultimate control. This is the only thing saving Horner's bacon.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Its pretty obvious to those who can think outside the box and have their own Brain that this situation stinks of a payoff and cover up.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(06-03-2024, 05:48 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Its pretty obvious to those who can think outside the box and have their own Brain that this situation stinks of a payoff and cover up.

Yeah, today is her last chance to appeal, "if" she doesn't?......

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

There's a very entertaining thread on piston heads, some of the posters are as misogynistic as Horner Laughing

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topi...972&i=4620

In that thread I found this link, which I thought was interesting

https://de.motorsport.com/f1/news/neue-e...8/3403884/
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Well worth reading this

https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2024/03/...y-weekend/

Fully aware that most regulars on here have no love for Red Bull racing or Christian Horner and we would all like to see some "downfall". The main thing is, from the very start this blow up has smelt of internal politics and a fight for control. It is certainly not black and white.
[+] 4 users Like black's post

(06-03-2024, 09:16 PM)black Wrote:  Well worth reading this

Yeah I saw this yesterday, very sensible from Joe.

Will Max Verstappen stay at Red Bull? - YouTube   (3m 27s)
Will Max Verstappen stay at Red Bull?

Will Max Verstappen stay at Red Bull?

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I assume that's not Horner himself suspended? Nothing of the FP1 coverage about it (though I've only just turned it on).
[+] 3 users Like morini's post