Force India takeover soon?

WeBuyAnyTeam-dot-com

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

(23-08-2018, 03:22 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  WeBuyAnyTeam-dot-com

Force-Stroll-in

can't think of a last word to go with "In" damn
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

A bit long winded but...
mysoncouldntdriveanailintowoodbutgottogethimadrivesomehow racing Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/strol...95/?nrt=54

Lance Stroll says "nothing's guaranteed" in terms of whether he will see out the 2018 Formula 1 season with Williams.

Stroll stressed he is still committed to Williams in the wake of a consortium led by his father, Lawrence Stroll, taking over Force India but appeared to leave the door open for a potential mid-season switch.
The 19-year-old is expected to race for Force India next year, and there have been suggestions this move could happen earlier should a deal to do so be struck with Williams.

With Sergio Perez expected to remain at Force India next season, any such move would likely be at the expense of Esteban Ocon.
“Well, nothing’s guaranteed,” said Stroll when asked if he was sure he will be finishing the year with Williams.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12477/1...cing-point

The Sahara Force India F1 Team has been reborn as Racing Point Force India.

The team have been stripped of all the Constructors' Championship points they previously earned this season but have immediately rejoined the series with a new name and new management group following the Lawrence Stroll-led takeover.

Otmar Szafnauer has been confirmed as the outfit's new team principal, a position previously held by the team's former co-owner Vijay Mallya. Mallya's long-serving deputy Bob Fernley had already left the team by mutual consent.

"The new Racing Point Force India Team is delighted to be able to race when the championship resumes in Belgium this weekend," said Szafnauer, previously the team's chief operating officer.

"This heralds a new and exciting chapter for us. Just a few weeks ago, an uncertain future lay ahead, with more than 400 jobs at risk; now the new team has the backing of a consortium of investors, led by Lawrence Stroll, who believe in us as a team, in our expertise and in our potential to achieve success on the track.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

What a shit name...much preferred my offering Wink

If you put an "I" between the racing and point there initials would be quite fitting... RIP FI  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

So I would assume that as a new team they will not be receiving any F1 money for the next three years!!!!

That is tough place to sit.

... and so wrong in my eyes, if you are part of the 'show' you deserve some rewards, that is another crap rule that needs to be changed

(23-08-2018, 01:43 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Anybody else take a second or two before they realised who Robert Fernley was?   Huh  lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOdfNwD9cEA
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Okay so that answers my question, all the other teams signed off on Force India still receiving the prize money they had earned.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(24-08-2018, 04:16 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Okay so that answers my question, all the other teams signed off on Force India still receiving the prize money they had earned.

It's a complicated one, didn't know they'd keep prize money, while losing WCC points, if your right Neil, holy shit, did the teams just do something, for the benefit of the sport? Shock Horror, haha

To be honest, was thinking about this today, and thought yeah, new owners, why should they get the points, (drivers keep theirs, seemed fair) that being said, they did just save an F1 team and not to mention about 400 jobs,

But what has just dawned on me due to everyones "origin" Stories, is that the Strolls just bought,the original team I supported, not sure how I feel about this - mixed feelings

But it has always been run by, lets say slightly colourful folk, haha - don't know much about Daddy Stroll, will we see him take a sort of Team owner / principal role?

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post