Force India takeover soon?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/20...thin-days/

This will be interesting if it happens. I know nothing about this guy first time I have heard of him or the company (I am old geezer I dont do 'energy' drinks!!). I think all of us who enjoy the sport of F1 and not just the teams and drivers we follow are very impressed by what this team has managed to achieve over the years on such a small budget.  If he pours some money into the team how much can they improve and is seven figures enough. I do not think so not when compared to the really big guys but I admire his determination.  They certainly have two excellent drivers in place.

It also makes me think my thread of yesterday on Williams has more chance of becoming a reality
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(10-06-2018, 05:22 PM)NeilP Wrote:  https://www.telegraph.co.uk/formula-1/20...thin-days/

This will be interesting if it happens. I know nothing about this guy first time I have heard of him or the company (I am old geezer I dont do 'energy' drinks!!). I think all of us who enjoy the sport of F1 and not just the teams and drivers we follow are very impressed by what this team has managed to achieve over the years on such a small budget.  If he pours some money into the team how much can they improve and is seven figures enough. I do not think so not when compared to the really big guys but I admire his determination.  They certainly have two excellent drivers in place.

It also makes me think my thread of yesterday on Williams has more chance of becoming a reality

Hmmm interesting, I honestly thought it would be more than £100m and I didn't know Thorin Oakenshield liked F1   Big Grin Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

Well it's no wonder they jumped out of the way in Monaco if they're £13m indebted to Mercedes!!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Taken from Amus

The transfer market of drivers is currently on hold. Two events brought him to a standstill in the short term. The uncertain fate of Force India and the change in leadership at Ferrari. There is mounting speculation that Force India will register a controlled bankruptcy on Monday after the German GP (23.7.2018). This corresponds to the American Chapter 11 model. The team lives on but changes hands. So the creditors have the chance to later get their money.

Before it is decided who takes over Force India, tense calm prevails in the driver market. Until the Hungarian GP, ​​the team knows where the journey is going. There are a number of interested parties ready to take control of Force India. An American businessman, a New York investment fund, principal sponsor BWT and Lawrence Stroll. The Canadian billionaire is one of Williams' biggest financiers.

If Stroll strikes, then his son Lance should land at Force India. Instead of Esteban Ocon. As soon as Ocon's actual employer had shown willingness to negotiate Mercedes, McLaren boss Zak Brown stood on the mat. And no sooner had this rumor spread, as was Renault race director Cyríl Abiteboul on the spot. Renault has apparently won the race for Ocon. The French carmaker has secured an option on Ocon.

Renault is in the quandary. Red Bull's option on Carlos Sainz expires in mid-September. Renault can not wait that long because the driver market may have been empty by then. "We have to look for alternatives," confirmed Abiteboul. Ocon is one of them, as are Fernando Alonso and Stoffel Vandoorne. McLaren has a similar problem. Alonso does not have to decide until mid-October. If the Spaniard neglect a year off, you need a replacement with experience. That's why the interest in Ocon and Sainz.
Sergio Perez makes his future dependent on who takes over the scepter at Force India. His path could lead to HaasF1. And where does Vandoorne land? Maybe at Williams. The team has taken a first step to become the Mercedes B team. Next year, Mercedes will supply not only the engine but also the gearbox and the rear suspension.

Also Sauber and HaasF1 hang on the ropes. Due to the tragic departure of Sergio Marchionne at Ferrari is currently no decision, what happens to Charles Leclerc. Ferrari insiders claim that Kimi Raikkonen's chances of staying another year with Ferrari have increased. If Leclerc rises or changes to HaasF1, Sauber has to look for a replacement. "Fortunately, our team has now become interesting for drivers again," smiles team boss Frédéric Vasseur.

There are rumors that some of the driver changes are already taking place after the summer break. In contrast, Force India Sports Director Otmar Szafnauer fought back: "We still want to finish fourth. For that, we need Perez and Ocon in the car. "No matter where Force India lands. In the end, the other teams decide whether the team under new leadership and with a new name in the distribution of money for the 2018 season participates. Everyone must agree.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

I have no idea what is going to happen at Force India, but it was clear from the start of the year that they just aren't able to compete anymore with the budget they have. Despite what might be commonly held belief they are run on less money than everyone else, including the likes of Sauber and Haas, and they've punched way above their weight, but they just aren't bringing in the sponsorship money, or cash to continue punching above their weight. Plus with Mercedes power no longer seeming like the amazing advantage it once was they're been exposed in other areas where they have been historically weak. There car is still thought to be one of the heavier cars on the grid, mostly due to the reinforcing they've had to do to accommodate the halo.

I am now under the impression that Ocon is indeed off to Renault, and that Perez has already signed for Haas (I heard that little rumour on Saturday) and that Force India are aware that both of their drivers are off elsewhere next season, although the Perez to Haas rumours suggest he might take Grosjean's place as early as Spa! It leaves Force india in a bit of a quandary, the rumours about Mercedes turning them into a Daimler B team seem wide of the mark now, although that would arguably be the best option for them. I don't think the two drinks firms would give them the cash they need and would just been prolonging the slow death, and Stroll buying them out will guarantee his son has a drive in F1 and nothing else. That would be super bad for the sport.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Jody, you are a f*cking star!!!!! that rumour has just made my day....whingybollocks out and Perez in (or anyone else for that matter Wink )

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(23-07-2018, 10:20 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Jody, you are a f*cking star!!!!! that rumour has just made my day....whingybollocks out and Perez in (or anyone else for that matter Wink )

I was going to post a thread about it on Saturday, but I was too busy getting sunburned helping out with a local forest fire here in Sweden, helping elderly residents move there belongings and build the odd mud bank. Things are pretty bad here...

Any way, yes, Perez to Haas. Apparently Perez flew to the States between Silverstone and Hockenheim to talk with Gene Haas himself about the proposed deal. Heard it from two separate sources, and then I heard it from a third source, who works in the paddock, on Saturday. The feeling is Ocon definitely to Renault leaving Sainz needing to find a drive, and Perez to Haas to partner Magnussen who is making Moanjean look like an amateur. I have however been told it might not be the end of Moanjean in F1 as he was seen leaving the Sauber motorhome on Thursday evening... maybe they want an experienced crash expert, as opposed to the semi-experience crash expert that is Ericsson. If we get rid of one of them from F1 I'll be happy, although I'd prefer both were gone.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Good on you Jody - Much respect!

I am saddened by the whole situation at Force India more than ever Liberty needs to sort out the money distribution better otherwise we are going to end up with 6 or 7 teams and they will be works a and b in many cases.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(23-07-2018, 10:37 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Good on you Jody - Much respect!

I am saddened by the whole situation at Force India more than ever Liberty needs to sort out the money distribution better otherwise we are going to end up with 6 or 7 teams and they will be works a and b in many cases.

Well, teams that are apparently not financially secure are Williams, McLaren, Haas and Force India. So that leaves those who are now financially 'sound' being Mercedes (works team), Ferrari (works team), Red Bull (as of next season defacto Honda works team), Renault (works team), Sauber (Ferrari B team) and Toro Rosso (Red Bull / Honda B team). So your summation isn't wide of the mark. If Williams does end up taking the Daimler name and cash, as well as gearboxes and suspension (apparently done deal) and the Mercedes junior driver(s) (definitely Russel, still negotiating on Wehrlein) then that'll sure up Williams. It'll still leave Force India struggling as an independent, and McLaren with their woes. Apparently they've been propped up by Arab cash this season and will need to be next season as well, but that's not sustainable long term. I really do think McLaren are in the shit unless they can turn things round. Rumours of 'technical partnerships' between Renault and McLaren beyond just the engines just won't go away. Seeing McLaren as a Renault B-team would be too much. Seeing Williams as a Mercedes B-team is painful enough, but Williams have been shyte for a very long time, they only had an upswing during the Mercedes dominated years because of their PU, even then they were shyte.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Some good intell there. I don't see Grosjean out mid season. I think his recent speed may have delayed it, if it was going to happen. BWT is FI only hope to ensure a decent line up, such a shame they are in this position despite a great couple of years and 4th place money. I can imagine the uproar now should the Strolls get it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post