McLaren: Fresh investment

McLaren's sponsorship deal with Brazilian oil company Petrobras looks set to be brought to an official end within a matter of days, Motorsport.com has learned.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar...l/4559766/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Petrobras out, Lukoil in at McLaren?

McLaren have reportedly already made progress in landing a new major sponsorship deal following their recent split with Petrobras.

According to Brazilian government papers, Petrobras have pulled the plug just two years into a five-year deal worth an estimated £163m.

The deal was labelled “unjustifiable”, with Brazil’s Minister of Citizenship, Osmar Terr, also taking to social media earlier in the year to publicly criticise the deal.

But, according to reports in the Russian press from Championat, another oil company in the form of Lukoil have been earmarked as a new major sponsor for McLaren.

Championat claim talks between the two parties have already taken place over the course of the Russian Grand Prix weekend but no further information or announcements have yet to be publicised.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Well you have to give the top brass some credit. He's done a solid job in getting sponsors in. I thought losing Petrobras would be quite the blow. Ironically, it's looking like it might work out for them.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

McLaren hints at Formula 1 tests for IndyCar drivers O'Ward, Askew.  (Autosport)

McLaren's newly-signed young IndyCar drivers Patricio O'Ward and Oliver Askew could be called up for Formula 1 tests in 2020.

The team caused a stir this week when it announced it was dropping James Hinchcliffe from its new Arrow McLaren SP IndyCar squad and would run the last two Indy Lights champions - 20-year-old Mexican O'Ward, who had briefly been on Red Bull's books this year, and 22-year-old American Askew.

Asked by Autosport whether there was any prospect of either driver getting an F1 test or if the two teams were being kept completely separate, Brown revealed that an F1 run for O'Ward or Askew was already being considered.

"While the projects are separate, they complement each other commercially and we don't have a young driver under contract for 2020," he said.

"So I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys in one of our F1 cars around a rookie test."

Can't comment on Askew as I don't know much about him apart from he is the Indy light's champion, I have see O'ward drive as a rookie (Indy) & was impressed, thought he was a Red Bull young driver, not sure if he walked away from them or if he was pushed? 

Hoping Indy works out for McLaren, lets face it a petrol head cant have enough motorsport.  Wink

The McLaren Formula 1 team is building an all-new simulator that will be a "massive departure" from its predecessor, according to tech chief James Key.

Although it's enjoyed its best season in years in 2019, the Woking-based team is still undergoing a continuous overhaul - which includes the construction of a new wind tunnel for 2021 - under the new management of new team boss Andreas Seidl and Key, who came in from Toro Rosso.

And while McLaren's F1 simulator was once state-of-the-art, Key acknowledges developing a new version was a must in light of technological advancements in the area.

"We've got a new driver-in-the-loop simulator," Key said when updating media on McLaren's future plans. "It's a massive departure to what we've been using.

"It's a project that McLaren pioneered a long time ago - but it's also been recognised now that that world has moved on too, and that's sort of a big project within the team. [I'm] hoping that will come on by next year."

Thats what we like to hear mclaren, keep it coming!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

McLaren have continued to shuffle their senior management ahead of the 2020 season, with Performance Director Andrea Stella now promoted to Racing Director.

The role, which Eric Boullier departed from in 2018, means that Stella will be "leading the team at race weekends", according to McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown. It comes as part of a major restructuring of the McLaren F1 team's senior management under Andreas Seidl, who joined as Team Principal in early 2019.
(f1.com)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Already a lando fan.  Wink

McLaren used an innovative way of revealing its 2020 Formula 1 car launch date on Monday – when Lando Norris appeared to accidentally let slip the details.

The young Briton was supposed to be showing fans around the inside of the McLaren Technology Centre on a live YouTube feed, and gatecrashed a meeting that was discussing the launch of the MCL35.

The get-together was taking place in front of a screen showing a graphic of a papaya orange car, with the words 'Confidential'.

Speaking to the staff involved in the meeting, Norris asked about the launch date for the new car that he and Carlos Sainz will drive in 2020.

"I heard it was on the 13th of February," he said, before getting some quietly hesitant responses from those involved in the meeting. "It is right..Zak told me it's on the 13th…."

The live feed was then turned off to add to the mystery about whether or not this was a well planned stunt, or Norris had revealed the details accidentally.

Shortly afterwards, McLaren confirmed the date of its launch, which will take place at the McLaren factory in Woking.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/news/cor...spartandhp

Coronavirus: McLaren to raise £275m from historic cars and HQ.

The British Formula One team-owner McLaren Group is in talks to raise up to £275m by mortgaging its spectacular Surrey headquarters and one of the world's most valuable historic car collections.

Sky News has learnt that McLaren and its advisers, the Wall Street bank JP Morgan, are working on the plan to shore up the supercar maker's balance sheet during the coronavirus crisis.

Sources said it was looking to raise between £250m and £275m by borrowing against the value of its HQ and a company-owned collection of cars driven by the likes of Ayrton Senna, the former F1 world champion, and Bruce McLaren, the group's founder.

Some McLaren-owned cars are said to be valued at tens of millions of pounds each, with the entire portfolio thought to be worth more than £250m.

The company's Woking HQ is also estimated to be worth more than £200m on a standalone basis.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

McLaren is set to bring the iconic Gulf Oil brand back to Formula 1 as part of a new sponsorship deal.

Images of a McLaren showcar on a photoshoot at a Gulf-branded petrol station began circulating on social media on Thursday.

With Lando Norris and CEO Zak Brown taking centre stage, the McLaren car was spotted with the famous Gulf logo on the engine cover – suggesting that the team had concluded an agreement with the company and was preparing promotional material.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post