McLaren: Fresh investment

A reported 200m investment into McLaren by Nidala (BVI) Limited.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/896552/1/m...investment

How much of this will find it's way to the F1 team, we'll probably never know. A cash injection certainly wouldn't hurt, as win know, money wins in F1.

What might hurt is a push for Nicholas Latifi to get a driving seat.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Just what F1 needs, another Canadian pay to drive who wouldn't get there on his own merit! Didn't think McLaren were lacking on the cash front either? What with all the middle eastern cash swilling around there. I guess you can never have too much cash though.

They are the fourth best.

Mercedes Approx. €450 million
Ferrari Approx. €430 million
Red Bull Approx. €350 million
McLaren Approx. €250 million
Renault Approx. €200 million
Sauber Approx. €135 million
Williams Approx. €135 million
Toro Rosso Approx. €125 million
Haas Approx. €110 million
Force India Approx. €110 million

No wonder its a two tier sport.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Fair play. I'm surprised though, I have to say.

Perhaps Ron shouldn't have spent so much on the MTC? Best facility in the sport (by far) and yet not amongst the most well funded teams? Doesn't really add up for me that.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Morini the issue isn't the MTC really, McLaten's business ventures and research actually make them a lot of cash. Ron was 100% right in that regard. The issue was that the diversification took a lot of the focus away from the F1 team. When Honda were there they had roughly an extra €100m a season. They were thought to be just behind Red Bull on funding, Latifi has investments in a lot of technology firms though, so nothing out of the usual. If however he wants to put his son in a McLaren seat it'll cost way more than buying a handful of shares.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

No different to football really in terms of investment, middle east monopolising with huge chunks of oil money

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-fa...ervention/

McLaren face ‘revolt’, staff want Whitmarsh intervention

McLaren are reportedly facing a ‘revolt from disgruntled staff’ who want former team boss Martin Whitmarsh back at the helm as the team’s on-track woes continue.
Although McLaren’s swap from Honda power to Renault engines ahead of this year’s championship was billed as the stepping stone for a return to glory days, the team is completely out of the title fight with just 40 points from seven races.
Their best result of this season is Fernando Alonso’s P5 from Australia while they have failed to score in the last two races.
And the staff are not happy.
According to the Daily Mail, ‘patience broke earlier in the week when racing director Eric Boullier led the usual post-race debrief in the Woking factory at which it was admitted they were at a loss to explain the car’s lack of performance.
‘Members of the shop floor were so furious at what they saw as the incompetence of their leaders that they plan to enlist Whitmarsh’s support as a last-ditch attempt to help turn around the ailing team.’
And this is not the first time that staff have tried to enlist Whitmarsh’s help given his close ties to McLaren shareholder Mansour Ojjeh.
Whitmarsh told the Daily Mail that some time in the past 19 months, the time since Zak Brown was brought in as the new boss, “people at McLaren said they would send me a letter about the situation. I told them not to send it to me, but to Mansour.”
He’s also had his own chat with Ojjeh about McLaren’s troubles.
“I piled in a little bit,” he said. “I love the team and I am desperately sad to see what it has become.
“It needs a big change of approach. There is too much politics between the main figures. I think a number of them have to go. I have explained my view to Mansour and it is for the shareholders to decide what to do.
“The team used to be all about winning in Formula One. Now they are looking at other avenues — going to race in IndyCar and Le Mans, for example. They are great things in themselves, but McLaren going in that direction, rather than making grand prix racing their sole priority, makes me shudder.
“I live locally and I bump into friends who work at McLaren. They are disappointed with what is happening and remonstrate with me.
“Tim Goss’s departure pitched me over the edge. Tim has a fantastic intellect, and is a hard-working, non-political, value-adding member of the team. He was scapegoated. He may not have all the answers, but he would work on a solution from first principles.”
Whitmarsh says he is open to helping McLaren rediscover their lost form, they only have to ask.
“If a delegation showed up at my door, I wouldn’t turn them away,” he added. “They know where I am.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(16-06-2018, 12:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-fa...ervention/

McLaren face ‘revolt’, staff want Whitmarsh intervention

As I read this I could picture "big Ron" smirking Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://desktop.motorsportmagazine.com/2018/08/20/simon-arron-the-stark-reality-of-mclarens-situation/pugpig_index.html

Dark times ahead indeed for McLaren!!!
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-to...-at-monza/

Lando Norris will have another opportunity to lay claim to Stoffel Vandoorne’s McLaren race seat when the team evaluates him at Monza next week.
Norris was in action for McLaren in Friday’s first practice for the Belgian Grand Prix where he out-paced Vandoorne by just under a tenth of a second.

The Formula 2 driver will return to the cockpit of the MCL33 at Monza next Friday.
McLaren sporting director Gil de Ferran said: “He did a great job.
“One thing he has is great adaptability to new situations, I’ve seen that in the tests he’s had and also here.
“We wanted to bring him here as part of his development with a lower downforce level, more cars on track, track evolution and really give him that experience.

“It was the same thing, he came up to speed very quickly and did a fine job, not making any mistakes.
“He will be in at Monza as we look to help develop his skills.”

While McLaren have confirmed Carlos Sainz for next season, the team has yet to name his 2019 team-mate with Vandoorne hoping to stay on while Norris is keen to replace him.

Esteban Ocon could also be in the mix for the McLaren seat as he is believed to be on the verge of losing his Force India drive to Lance Stroll.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post