McLaren: Fresh investment

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140957...ired-seidl

LOL "Morini quote go's here"

Found this on Autosport Bud.  

Why the McLaren Formula 1 team has hired Porsche's Andreas Seidl.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3941/...al-leaked/

McLaren have offered us the biggest look at a 2019 Formula 1 car to date, although it appears that it may have been a mistake from Woking! An image, seemingly of their 2019 challenger, was shared on the team's Facebook page before it was swiftly deleted, but not before we got a good glimpse at what is to come!

The MCL34 will break cover fully on February 14, but McLaren have dropped numerous teasers about the livery of this year's challenger.

A new font to be used for Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris' racing numbers was revealed this week, but the latest bit of information perhaps wasn't supposed to have come out so soon.

What we can quite clearly see is that McLarenw ills tick with papaya as the car's primary colour, while the prominence of Coca-Cola is clear – the soft drink company's logo is plastered on the car's rear wing.

Securing a deal with Coca-Cola – and perhaps a sizable one given the logo's placement – would suggest that CEO Zak Brown is making good on his promise to bring new sponsors to the team as they look to build a war chest with which to return the team to its former glories.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3936/...-2019-car/ (If you use twitter)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-co...as-a-fake/

Stand down everybody! Nothing to see here. McLaren have confirmed a leaked image of their potential 2019 car was a fake.

Surprised Shutup Stop Gross Laughing

We, like many others, are desperate for our first real taste of the 2019 season and a false sense of hope was triggered when McLaren’s header photo on their Facebook account suddenly changed.

It depicted the same papaya orange livery that McLaren ran last season and also seemed to suggest a longer-term Coca-Cola sponsorship deal was in the place as the logo appeared on the rear wing.

But McLaren have since denied that the image is a legitimate photo and we are indeed going to have to wait until February 14 to feast our eyes on it.

(18-01-2019, 12:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-co...as-a-fake/

Stand down everybody! Nothing to see here. McLaren have confirmed a leaked image of their potential 2019 car was a fake.

Anything to combat the off season blues is ok in my book. Even fakes  Rolleyes 

Bloody good job the 6N and GT are just about here to relieve the boredom. Anyone watched episode 1 of series 3 yet? I'll be having a sqizz later on tonight when the kids vacate the telly.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(18-01-2019, 01:17 PM)morini Wrote:  Bloody good job the 6N and GT are just about here to relieve the boredom. Anyone watched episode 1 of series 3 yet? I'll be having a sqizz later on tonight when the kids vacate the telly.

6 Nations, with Ireland & England at home, bring it on!

Grand tour? will be watching tonight after I pick Gags up.     Cool

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/briti...l/4335598/

McLaren signs deal with British American Tobacco.

McLaren has signed a multi-year deal with British American Tobacco, the company that owned the BAR Formula 1 team.

BAT, a British-based cigarette and tobacco manufacturing company, bought the Tyrrell team in 1997 and formally entered F1 in 1999 by renaming it British American Racing.

McLaren's announcement of a "global partnership" with BAT brings the company back into F1 for the first time since Honda succeeded BAR.

It comes three days before McLaren is due to unveil its 2019 F1 car.

A statement said it would be "focused solely on BAT's potentially reduced risk products and grounded in technology and innovation".

Former Porsche LMP1 chief Andreas Seidl will begin his new role as the McLaren Formula 1 team's managing director from the start of May.
Seidl's move to McLaren was announced last month, but the team did not reveal his start date at that point.

It has now specified that he will commence work at McLaren from May 1, just after the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
McLaren chief executive Zak Brown said the team was "delighted" with when Seidl would be able to complete his move.
"This enables us to continue the momentum of our recovery plan and we're looking forward to welcoming him to McLaren," Brown added.
Seidl has previous F1 experience from Williams and BMW, and led the latter's DTM return before his switch to Porsche.

He is one of two high-profile signings McLaren has so far made as it revamps its technical line-up in a bid to turn its recent poor form around.
Former Toro Rosso technical director James Key is also moving to McLaren.

Though Key is expected to arrive during the 2019 season, the timing of his switch has been complicated by Toro Rosso's parent company Red Bull's reluctance to release him early..

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-02-2019, 11:34 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Former Porsche LMP1 chief Andreas Seidl will begin his new role as the McLaren Formula 1 team's managing director from the start of May.
Seidl's move to McLaren was announced last month, but the team did not reveal his start date at that point.

I don't know all that much about this chap, but Mark Webber seems to rate him highly. Now, whether or not that is a good recommendation I wouldn't like to say.

Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/the-...=BBUXQX5|3

The MP4-T5 Slowest McLaren Ever Made.

McLaren is a name that has been associated with high performance since its motorsport inception in 1963. Engineer and racer Bruce McLaren had a vision for his team that was driven by innovation.

Even after its founder’s passing, McLaren is one of the most successful names in Grand Prix racing, and a benchmark in the world of road legal supercars thanks to McLaren Automotive.

One of McLaren’s most competitive efforts isn’t a 240mph+ supercar, or a World Championship winning Formula 1 combatant.

It was described by its test driver as one of the scariest machines he has ever driven, that’s despite it not even having an engine.

Enter the McLaren MP4-T5.   Cool

James Key will make his first appearance as McLaren’s new technical director at this weekend’s Bahrain Grand Prix, after finally joining the team this week.

The former Toro Rosso technical chief was signed by McLaren last year, but was only released from his contract recently following lengthy negotiations regarding his contract.

Having finally started work earlier this week, McLaren has elected to pull him straight into action, so he will be present in Bahrain this weekend.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post