Force India name change

Jordan  Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(14-11-2017, 10:52 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  In case some of you weren’t aware, Force India have been looking to change the team name to something more generic / less ‘India’ based to appeal to wider sponsors. Ridiculous I know, but I’ve tended to find PR types utterly devoid of common sense and rationality in my life. Any who, the team had been all set to change their name to the Thunderbirds sounding Force One, they even went as far as registering companies with the name at companies house in the UK, and someone found mocked up team logos a few months back...

They’ve hit a snag however...

Liberty Media do not like the name, and have hinted they will decline it, and they have the full support of the FIA, why? Because the name is too close to Formula 1, especially when abbreviated. However, there are rumours there three main sponsorship deals are reliant on them changing their name to something else that doesn’t include India in the title, so, any ideas ladies and gents? Let’s have your suggestions.

yes, follow the team closely, was the original one I supported - and the answer is simple - change it to EJM racing - Eddie Jordan Mallya Racing - simples Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

I was told they were considering going back to Spyker Racing, don’t know how true that is, or whether they’d be able to use the name.

When I was a kid I used to go to the library and ogle books and magazines that had pictures of Panteras. Force Pantera. With it's current title sponsor it would be the Pink Pantera.
[+] 4 users Like UncleElias's post

(15-11-2017, 11:35 PM)UncleElias Wrote:  When I was a kid I used to go to the library and ogle books and magazines that had pictures of Panteras. Force Pantera. With it's current title sponsor it would be the Pink Pantera.

A child of the 70's eh Uncle? I also used to drool over detomasos and lambos as a kid.

New terms everyday; 'cybersquatters' hamper Force Indias name change

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/133280...-name-plan

(never noticed this thread, thanks for heads up Jody)

Additionally, FIA have published the entry list for the 2018 F1 championship. They are still under the name 'Sahara Force India F1 Team'

It really sucks for them, in essence Liberty Media going public on the kiboshing of their Force One name has alerted everyone to what they were up too, and that's allowed silly season to occur. Feel really sorry for them, because potential sponsors have got cold feet over the 'India' part of their name apparently, so for them this is a commercial problem. Hope they can sort it out.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ocon-...h/3178423/

Force India team principal Otmar Szafnauer says that Sergio Perez and Esteban Ocon won't be allowed to race each other after their first lap contact in the Singapore Grand Prix.

Perez is an arrogant twat, how many times has he done this, I'm done with him.     Gross

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Yeah, last week I cussed out Magnussen, then a Danish friend made me sit and watch Magnussens on board shots of the first lap. Perez cut the first chicane and pushed Magnussen off of the track, he then forced him to take the escape road at the second chicane, he literally left him no racing room, and then punted him off the track at the first Lesmo. Live I just saw what I thought was Magnussen re-entering the track dangerously and Perez getting his elbows out, looking at the full sequence onboard with Magnussen I think Perez was way out of line. How many times have we said this though in the past. I also think he deliberately drove Ocon into the wall today. I'm through with Perez, he needs to get his ass off of the grid too.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Aside from some nice tyre management races earlier in his career (a second at Monza behind Hamilton if I remember, can't remeber what year) Perez has been disapointing, for me anyway. Ocon definitely has his measure most weekends and (with a lot less years in F1) looks the better bet.

It is wrong that Ocon can be let go when Perez survives because of sponsership.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post