Force India name change

In case some of you weren’t aware, Force India have been looking to change the team name to something more generic / less ‘India’ based to appeal to wider sponsors. Ridiculous I know, but I’ve tended to find PR types utterly devoid of common sense and rationality in my life. Any who, the team had been all set to change their name to the Thunderbirds sounding Force One, they even went as far as registering companies with the name at companies house in the UK, and someone found mocked up team logos a few months back...

They’ve hit a snag however...

Liberty Media do not like the name, and have hinted they will decline it, and they have the full support of the FIA, why? Because the name is too close to Formula 1, especially when abbreviated. However, there are rumours there three main sponsorship deals are reliant on them changing their name to something else that doesn’t include India in the title, so, any ideas ladies and gents? Let’s have your suggestions.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

"Force One in the Pink"

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher

"force your team mate off track"

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I heard Racing Force mentioned, but it sounds like some crap Japanese anime with bug eyed girls and boys who have yet to figure out they’re transgender. Bloody awful name...

Perhaps “Collision Force Extreme Team Racing One”?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

The Racing Team Formerly Known as Force India

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 5 users Like Purple-banana's post

I cant think of anything that isnt a metaphor for ladies genitalia haha

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

I’m still not sure what’s wrong with Mallya Racing... I mean we have Williams, Mclaren, Haas, and the past Brabham, Tyrell, Jordan etc. I honestly think Vijay is thinking of selling.

With his legal issues continuing would it be wise to put his name to anything?

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(14-11-2017, 07:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  With his legal issues continuing would it be wise to put his name to anything?

What legal issues? His team of lawyers see no legal issues...  Big Grin

I think the reason he’s looking to sell is probably because of his legal issues, there has been sniffing by all accounts by Jaguar Cosworth (another India owned enterprise now). He needs to drop the India tag, that much seems clear, and you’re probably right, using his own name right now doesn’t seem prudent.

Yeah I think adding his name to just about anything would be ....well, not sensible, otherwise I think the likes of Mallya Racing etc would have been top of the list....providing sponsors approval of course.