Hamiltons best ever year?

Hi Monster

"if you did swap HAM and VET, VET would of been WDC last year in the Merc." Hmmmm

Opinions lol, Lewis would have run him closer in the Ferrari I feel, would Lewis beat him? possibly, for us fans I would love to see them in the same car, thing is both will have to look over their shoulder as Daniel, Alonso & Max (hopefully) will be closer this year, times dragging, roll on March.

Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-01-2018, 08:11 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Monster

"if you did swap HAM and VET, VET would of been WDC last year in the Merc."   Hmmmm

Opinions lol, Lewis would have run him closer in the Ferrari I feel, would Lewis beat him? possibly, for us fans I would love to see them in the same car, thing is both will have to look over their shoulder as Daniel, Alonso & Max (hopefully) will be closer this year, times dragging, roll on March.  

Smile

hehe, that's banter baby.

I guess I find driver talk very trivial tbh, because i the end its all car dependent.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Monster you could argue that Vettel would have won the WDC in the Merc last year, but I think given the way Lewis was driving and the fact I still believe the Ferrari was the better all round car, that had they been swapped, Lewis would have still won. Just my opinion of course.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamil...i/3206148/

Lewis Hamilton believes his triumph at the Italian Grand Prix last month delivered Ferrari its biggest mental blow of the season.

Ferrari had headed into its home race at Monza on the back of an important win in Belgium, and its speed in qualifying to lock out the front row left it odds on for a 1-2 finish.

But the team threw away its golden opportunity in allowing Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel to race each other at the start, as that allowed Hamilton his chance to make a move at the second chicane.

Hamilton got past Vettel, who spun off, and then set about pursuing and ultimately overcoming Raikkonen to pull off one of the surprises of the season.
With that win heralding the start of a run of wins in Singapore, Russia and Japan that helped him secure the world championship in Mexico last weekend, Hamilton has singled out Monza as a key weekend for title momentum.

"I would say that day was probably the biggest psychological blow for them,"

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Since the summer break we have seen both front running teams have periods of just annihilating their tyres. Had USA of happened before Monza, this article could be polar opposite : P

PapaOG I like how you take the effort to go back and find relevant threads, and perform a resurrection rituals : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(31-10-2018, 05:01 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  PapaOG I like how you take the effort to go back and find relevant threads, and perform a resurrection rituals : P

I like it too. Much better than creating duplicate threads Wink
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I actually thought this was a new thread lol then when Hesh was on about Spa and Lewis winning I was like “eh??” And comments from a few I’d not seen comment I was like woohoo anyway well done Papa for the resurrection lol

(31-10-2018, 02:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamil...i/3206148/

Lewis Hamilton believes his triumph at the Italian Grand Prix last month delivered Ferrari its biggest mental blow of the season.

Ferrari had headed into its home race at Monza on the back of an important win in Belgium, and its speed in qualifying to lock out the front row left it odds on for a 1-2 finish.

But the team threw away its golden opportunity in allowing Kimi Raikkonen and Sebastian Vettel to race each other at the start, as that allowed Hamilton his chance to make a move at the second chicane.

Hamilton got past Vettel, who spun off, and then set about pursuing and ultimately overcoming Raikkonen to pull off one of the surprises of the season.
With that win heralding the start of a run of wins in Singapore, Russia and Japan that helped him secure the world championship in Mexico last weekend, Hamilton has singled out Monza as a key weekend for title momentum.

"I would say that day was probably the biggest psychological blow for them,"

It was monumental fuck up in hindsight for Ferrari but I was pleased they let them race tbh it didn’t work out of course but I don’t believe it was the overriding factor, you could cite Hungary’s weather assisting Mercs hugely Singapore and the subsequent races not forgetting Hockenheim of course! Strange really because in Hockenheim it was move over but Monza go for it, I cannot recall which race preceded the other??
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/formula1/46076323

'Hamilton just has the best car, doesn't he?' (Video 2m 37s)

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

http://f1i.com/news/322712-hamilton-impo...prost.html

High praise indeed.

Hamilton 'was impossible to beat in 2018', says Prost.

Alain Prost says that Lewis Hamilton was on such top form in the cockpit in 2018 that there was no chance he would be beaten to a fifth world championship by Sebastian Vettel.

And with four titles to his own name, Prost should certainly know what he's talking about!
“Multiple world champions are obviously doing something different from the others," "The biggest different I notice about Lewis is how he forces himself to become an even better driver.

“This was perhaps his best season and he can be even better," the Frenchman suggested. "Sebastian also had a good season, but not good enough to beat the combination of Lewis and Mercedes."

Prost said that the key to Hamilton's success this year was how he had been able to raise his game at events where the odds were stacked against him.
"Even if his car is not that good, he takes second or third place," he explained. "And if he has to do something special in qualifying he is able to, like in Singapore."

The 63-year-old also said that Hamilton had come out on top in the 'mind games' over his rival this season.
“Lewis was psychologically very strong against Seb this year," he commented. "He was very mature and under the circumstances, he was impossible to beat.

But Prost said it was impossible to really decide which of the sport's icons are truly the 'best' or to objectively measure how Hamilton lines up among them.

“You cannot compare the generations," he insisted. "Senna and I were perhaps the best of ours.
"Now you can only say that Lewis is one of the best, if not the best of his generation."

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Prost has always rated Hamilton. He tipped him to beat Alonso in 2007, I remember thinking he was utterly bonkers, but nope, Prost is normally spot on with his assessments because the guy knows what he is talking about, they didn't call him the Professor for no reason.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post