Oscar Piastri

Oscar Piastri to drive for McLaren after they win the CRB.

Will have a proper yardstick having Lando as a teammate.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

This is an ugly situation that has been resolved. I feel pretty bad for Alpine and with his behaviour so far I am rooting against him and hopes he fails.

EDIT: Okay so hearing both sides of the story maybe he is being painted a shade of Black he may not deserve. Either way I dont like his public stance I find its best to shut your mouth in these circumstances and just let things play out.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/motorspo...8a45d2f2b7

Why Alpine only has itself to blame for its F1 driver market blunders.

Time will tell but I think Oscar would have been better to sign for a works team.

I also think he would have an easier teammate at Alpine, going up against Lando in a McLaren car with all its peculiarities is a big ask for a rookie no matter how talented, or maybe he will prove me wrong & blow Lando away.... na can't see it Wink

*if these figures are correct*.......how do I get a position on the tribunal panel?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(02-09-2022, 10:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *if these figures are correct*.......how do I get a position on the tribunal panel?

They should consider themselves lucky Ian's mate plumber didn't put a bill in.....     Nothingtosay

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(02-09-2022, 10:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  *if these figures are correct*.......how do I get a position on the tribunal panel?

Utterly ridiculous.

We really need a breakaway from F1 in my view.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Oscar Piastri has indicated there was no awkwardness when he received a phone call from Daniel Ricciardo to wish him well at McLaren.

Asked during the latest edition of the In The Fast Lane podcast whether he remains on good terms with Ricciardo, Piastri said: “Yes, I think so. That was a really great thing, for Daniel to get in touch.

“I was planning on getting in touch myself but with the timing of things, he was obviously at a race and quite frankly I didn’t actually know if he wanted to hear from me.

“I was trying to think of what to say but he beat me to it.

“A true professional, Daniel is. My respect for him was already extremely high and it’s only got higher in the way he’s responded.”

“Him getting in touch like that was great for me personally,” said Piastri.

“Knowing there was no hard feelings, that really helped me quite a lot. So that was good, to get in touch. That was a nice moment.

Good lad Daniel   Cool