Seb Vettel calls it a day

(28-07-2022, 07:20 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(28-07-2022, 07:15 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Thats me outta here for a few days of road racing, if I dont manage to get online between now & then........behave and enjoy the racing lads!

There will be no lines handed out this weekend Westie and Paddy !!!!!!!!

Forza has been sacked from Chat!!!!

Phew!!
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

Vettel messaged Leclerc after French GP crash.

Charles Leclerc has revealed Sebastian Vettel messaged him after his crash knocked him out of the French Grand Prix.

Leclerc looked a distraught man as he headed back to the paddock after yet another retirement from P1 but he has revealed he received a message from Vettel following it.

“Our relationship evolved throughout the years,” Leclerc told reporters in Budapest ahead of the Hungarian Grand Prix. “I arrived the first year and I was obviously super-impressed and I think I was probably very weird to him because I was shy and didn’t know what to say when I was with him.

“But now he’s a friend and he always texts me, like he did after Sunday, and always tried to make me feel better whenever I’m going through a tough time. So it’s nice to see how much we’ve grown since I first met him.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...crqml.html

And the dominoes start to fall...
[+] 5 users Like Westie's post

Oscar Piastri the likely beneficiary at Alpine.

I think the Spaniard is following the reddies myself. Topping up his pension pot.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 6 users Like The Professor's post

Sebastian Vettel will return to the Formula 1 cockpit at the Nurburgring Nordschleife later this year as part of a special Red Bull event.

As part of the famous 12-hour endurance event, the historic F1 track will host the ‘Red Bull Formula Nurburgring’ which will bring together both youngsters and veterans for demo runs in a host of machinery – including F1, NASCAR and drift machinery.

Vettel will be reunited with the RB7 that he dominated the 2011 F1 season with. The car took 18 poles out of 19 races that season, as well as winning 12 grands prix. For the Nordschleife event, it will run on e-fuel to help minimise emissions.

Vettel also used carbon-neutral fuels for a demonstration run in Nigel Mansell’s 1992 Formula 1 championship-winning Williams at the British Grand Prix last year.

Ricciardo will drive a Red Bull RB8 from 2012.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post