Fantasy/Dream Team 2022 season

Best Fighting Trousers on!!

Firstly I wont be participating this year. 10+ years at it, it's either run its course or I need a break, and have a chance to relax and enjoy races : P
Still around to help though, if needed.

For those that were auto invited in previous season league, they have had automatic invites to join the F1banter Dream Team League.
If not, or, should you be having issues, try the link below and login, or just shout and I'll help out as best I can.

New players

Follow the link, then register and you should be added to the F1 Banter league.

Join my Dream Team - Grand Prix head-to-head league F1 Banter and take me on for Season 2022! Join here:
https://sportsdeck.com/f1/dreamteam/?act...ode=185877

Rules remain unchanged for this year, see below for reminder
Name your team. Lists in the league as team name, and real name below as "manager" (See note)
Budget $120m.
Buy 4 drivers, 4 Cars.
Select 1 driver as 'Captain' for double points (Highest driver automatically selected if you forget).
Unlimited trades for the first round, to get your team sorted. To trade: hover over the driver/car symbol, a red 'T' Icon appears click to initiate, trading.
Rounds "lockout" at the start of qualifying.
Results and round re-open usually the Monday after the race (unless there is an Australian holiday).
Total of 44 trades available for the season.
3 trade maximum, per round. You can make 1, 2 or 3 trades.
Prices begin to fluctuate after the third round. Using the sites formula to calculate the price change, based on recent result and averages.
More details can be found on the right hand side of the screen under the '?' tab.
There is a comment section in the right hand section, if new to the league, introduce yourself there if you wish. There is no obligation to join these forums.
Emblem that's next to your team name, design can be changed. So get creative and show your colours!
You can use an alias for your name when registering.

Note, its still a bitch to change some details in personal details, mainly name, postcode and D.O.B. 
Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you want an alias name instead of your real name.
Put "none" in postcode
Ignore Phone Number
Use any name you wish (keep it civilized)

Tips:
  • Drivers and the teams get 4 points for every position gained from their qualifying position. If a top team driver is at the back of the grid for whatever reason, they could be in for a mega points haul if they make it up to the front few positions.

• There is a 20 points bonus for fastest lap, this goes to the driver and to the cars.

• This can be a money game. The more money you can make the better cars you can get. Notice consistently high scoring drivers and cars, check it against their avg scores. Some teams could be vied as investments. but as with investments, one retirement could result in a big price loss.

• There aren't enough trades for three for every race, careful use in required (something I never learn).
Feel free to invite others from outside the forum.
If you can't issue those with the link above, just tell them to search 'sportsdeck', register, and under leagues put in the league code 471581

Stickied thread open for comments, this year.

Any other questions, give us a shout.

Good Luck & Have fun folks!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Come on Hesh put your big boy panties on and get picking your team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Ok im in this year....everyone loves a loser

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

Forza wins again, bikes & cars your on a role buddy, congrats.  Big Grin

Where's Hesh?

Hope all's good mate.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(28-03-2022, 01:25 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Forza wins again, bikes & cars your on a role buddy, congrats.  Big Grin

I promise I def wont be making a habit of it  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

It just never gets any better....as I was watching quali Alonso (who I had put in my DT) went purple in sector 2 in Q3...i had just smiled and said "Go on the Brow" when almost in an instant he hit the wall....at least he wasn't injured or worse.....I'll bet my horse for the Grand National gets shot.

[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

(09-04-2022, 03:21 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It just never gets any better....as I was watching quali Alonso (who I had put in my DT) went purple in sector 2 in Q3...i had just smiled and said "Go on the Brow" when almost in an instant he hit the wall....at least he wasn't injured or worse.....I'll bet my horse for the Grand National gets shot.

Don't do DT but I think I should publicly apologise to Carlos Sainz. I posted yesterday (in light of no Brits being in the fight this year) I would be cheering him on. Clearly from todays quali performance I have fucked up his Mojo in a big way.

Sorry Carlos!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

(09-04-2022, 05:00 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-04-2022, 03:21 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It just never gets any better....as I was watching quali Alonso (who I had put in my DT) went purple in sector 2 in Q3...i had just smiled and said "Go on the Brow" when almost in an instant he hit the wall....at least he wasn't injured or worse.....I'll bet my horse for the Grand National gets shot.

Don't do DT but I think I should publicly apologise to Carlos Sainz. I posted yesterday (in light of no Brits being in the fight this year) I would be cheering him on. Clearly from todays quali performance I have fucked up his Mojo in a big way.

Sorry Carlos!

You now have a major moral dilemma Morini. 

If, as you believe, you are truly able to put the kiss of death on a driver, you should take one for the banter team and put a fiver on Verstappen in order to make sure he is guaranteed a DNF.

No-one will think the worse of you.......
[+] 5 users Like PaddyB's post

Not so bad for me then .....my 100 bet on Delta work pays 320 for a each way finish ...happy dayz....just need my DT to come good now....but it wont...odds on.

[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(09-04-2022, 03:21 PM)pennywise Wrote:  It just never gets any better....as I was watching quali Alonso (who I had put in my DT)

I'll bet my horse for the Grand National gets shot.

Yup..... I put Alpine in mine, thought Fernando was going to be fighting at the front...... we cursed him mate.  Wink

Hehe nice place mate.   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post